2017-12-07 19:57:48

Hello all. I once played a virtual pet game called "Animal Acres" and lately I've considered going back to it, but first I wanted confirmation that it wasn't dead. It seems to be crawling along and the developer is till active. This is the same developer who also runs Eliyo, which I saw someone brought up a while back.

Both games have a small player base, but I'd like that to change if I can as Animal acres is a game that is pretty good for a virtual pet game. You pick an animal and have them repeatedly perform in shows as a way to earn points, increase their ranks up a tiered scale, win prizes and game money, and also prep them for breeding, as  you don't have a prayer of getting them too high in the first generation, no matter how good you are. The game has I believe 9 different types of free animals, ranging from cats and dogs, to bird, chinchillas, cows, and goats, to a range of premium animals (I use the term loosely) such as dragons, phoenixes, unicorns, and to be a little weird, fairies, centaurs, memaids/mermen, and vampires. The premium guys aren't super-cheap, but you can reproduce them indefinitely once you have a female, particularly since they introduced the Stud system, which allows for more easy breeding.

Getting off the ground is pretty easy, with money coming in easy, a daily gift which often gives you stuff you don't need but sometimes really gives you something of incredible value to what you're doing. Vets to help and train your guys,  the ever-looming goal of getting a bloodline which rapidly improves skills and makes your animals really special.  and just the ocassional events, wide variety of breeds within each type of animal (though you shouldn't mix breeds if you want a bloodline)  and a lot of other things make this an exceptional game of its type, which is why I want to see it do well.

The owner is super-accessible by players and listened to me havily in the past about accessibility. She also is one to listen to players on a lot of things as she largely believes that the community ought to shape the game some, though last time I talked to her, she is not interested in introducing new breeds or new kinds of animals at this time, (though there is still a ton of them even so.)

2017-12-08 02:55:55

hi, pop us some links?web page links and such?

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-08 04:39:40

gladly, the website address url is fairly simple. animalacres.net

also, I went back and played a little today and have a few tips.

1.corral tokens are used to get regular pets but they are fairly easy to find, even mythic tokens, which are used to get the imaginary creatures can ocassionally be found in things like winter snowflakes, spring butterflies, Haloween candy bags, or sometimes just looking around for junk. Also check secions nar the top of any page you are on, even when making a slight change,  of location as you might find one of those items or events that can get you stuff.
2. vote for AA (animal acres) using a link they use on the site every day, you get a free prize if you do, again, sometimes they are rather pointless but at other times they are really worth it. This is actually the form the daily gift takes each day that I mentioned above. the gift is randomized so I can't tell you on any day what you'll get, though at holidays or sometimes to celebrate other stuff, the creator of the game will give you a special prize if you are an active player.
3. You get points when you compete in shows, save them until you have 1500 of them because that allows you most efficiently to purchase stats to make your animals better. Also, when you use the point exchange to do that, only buy stuff in your animal's important stats. There are always 3 for any show category that you could sign a pet up for. For example my red-tailed hawk competes in tree acrobatics which requires confirmation, speed, and dexterity, therefore I ignore strength and endurance when buying stuff for her, though if she gets a few points here and there, as she will from random weekly training, that's good too.
4. Sometimes the menus on the sides can be a little weird and instead of opening a list in a category for you to slip through such as under interact or atlas, it will simply take you to the first page in that category, this only happens on some pages and if you take a brief detour to the news page, you'll be able to go where you need to go.
5. My advice is in terms of determining gender for your pets when you can help it as it stands, females are better than males. A while back the current owner introduced a studding service to facilitate breeding with the current low numbers of players. However, the females you own can take advantage of this to produce young, but the males cannot. Also if you are breeding your own guys, try to ensure you get a female out of it. because it is far easier to maintain a bloodline that way or establish one.

6. when chosing a vet or a training arena, you'll want to pick the one with the most points, as this will maximize what you get from it. Also, when you do the vet each week (real time) I advise you to get all the services except for sterilization each time as they add stats to your pet, points to buy stats with, and are also necessary to participate in shows.

Hope to see you there, on that game I am known as Bookrage. just as I am here.

2017-12-08 05:48:48

wow, interesting. I love this kind of game, will check  it soon

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2017-12-08 05:54:51

alright so, I checked it, but it seems I can't register. the page just stuck after I press the register button. what should I do?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2017-12-08 17:11:44

that's weird, I'd try it again maybe, that was never an issue for me for registration which went off without a hitch. I play on ie with JAWS 15 so maybe try another browser, I'll bring it up with the owner for you though and let her know of the problem.

2017-12-08 17:13:11

sorry for the double post but forgot, what browser were you using? The person who runs the thing codes it so maybe that sort of information might help.

2017-12-08 17:54:01

I am using firefox right now

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2017-12-08 19:16:38

good to know, I'll let her know of that, let's hope you can join me.

2017-12-09 08:35:16 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-12-09 08:40:45)

hi guys
I could register normaly here.
I am useing firefox and NVDA. big_smile
is there a getting started guide?

2017-12-09 15:16:28

hi. I tried again, and it worked! yay! anyway, how do I breed an animal? should I talk to other player who have the pair of my pet?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2017-12-09 17:02:52

There isn't really a getting started guide as I remember, however, there is a goals section that largely, if you try to do the goals, will give you some nice stuff as well as give you a few ideas of things to do.

also, get your pets in as many shows per day as you can, though you'll have to train them to a discipline first, which changes what stats you ought to train. For example, "trilling" and "hunting" in the bird category need different stats to do well. Also, get your pets all the options at the vet each week and also train them at training arenas whenever possible.

As for breeding, the quality of the babies and how good their stats are is based on that of the parents, so you'll want to wait until your animals have some good stats under their belt before you do that. If you've got females, the studding service at the corral is what you'll want to do, especially if you can get the best version of the stud (that is the one with the most stats) If you have males, you'll either have to get a female that isn't genetically related yourself or get someone to help you by letting you use their female. If you have them breed young, the babies will be pretty pathetic if it is just you starting out. But they can't breed past the time when they are 25 years or so, at least in birds so you'll at the latest, if you are intent on getting a female offspring, start breeding at 20 or so. I think the best males at the studding have 1000 stat points in every category, if you can find a female among players who is better or a male, do that instead.

also, I'm shooting myself in the foot here with this hint, but stalk the general store, it refills often but also items disappear from it and are sold out very quickly, especially stuff all animals can use. So if you see somtthing like "all Purpose animal wash" buy it in bulk. also, you can search the shop by type of item or animal you can use it for,

also, to do well in shows, make sure your animal is fed and clean, as well as happy when you go into one, plus of course, being recently taken to the vet, the vet is required but you'll do terribly if you've got competition, even if your stats rock if the basics aren't there. I think deworming at the vet cleans your pet pretty well.

2017-12-09 17:12:22

no bugs or sea creatures sad My eldritch monstrosity-raising dreams have been crushed.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-12-10 06:20:41

there's always the future, and they've got mermaids, but you'll need to shell out a bit of real money or save up some mythic tokens you can find on rare instances.

Anouie is having enough trouble staying afloat with the tiny interest in the game now, but perhaps she'll add more stuff down the road. There are some weird versions of some of the mythics though that are pretty eldritch and scary or water-based. But build up some money and tokens on the site and we'll see what happens down the road.

2017-12-16 23:23:05

Wow, this sounds interesting.  Will check this out, for sure.

2018-03-06 20:31:45

Okay trying this but I'm running into a little more trouble than with elio ironically since for the life of me I can't find the bloody goals page, which means I can't actually complete anything or get any animals.

The only  time I saw the goals page was via the new player mail which had a link, but I can't find it  otherwise.
The  help is also really useless since all it shows me are the chat rules.

the other odd thing is that sometimes clicking on graphics does things, sometimes it doesn't which is sort of complicated.

Edit: okay found the problem with the goal list, it was in the homestead menu which I couldn't get to otherwise.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-06 21:12:03

Dark

my advice is if you get stuck, go to the news tab and then try working with the links and lists from there. Sometimes the lists only work on some pages. It's weird but you can work around it. Then again, I've been working with the game for a bit and haven't gone to my goals page in a bit and Anouie has been working it. Send them some info and maybe you can fix it.

2018-04-01 00:00:35

So there is a referral link that you can use if you want to. I think that it gives you rewards for the person that you are referred from as well as the person that is just starting in the game. Here it is and sorry if these kinds of posts aren't supposed to be here. I figured if there was a chance this could benefit incoming players i would post it.
http://www.animalacres.net/register/125818

Who am I? Simply me!

2018-04-01 12:45:04

this does sound like a pretty neat game. am I correct at assuming that this is text only?

2019-03-23 03:55:16

To answer the above question, I think there are graphics, but they aren't necessary to play the game. Everything you need is in text.
Just wondered if anyone is still playing this.
It seems that it's as close as I'm going to get to a farm simulation game, and I do like the variety of animals.
Look for Rosanna if you're on.

2019-04-24 23:29:51

just a little update for you guys since I am getting back into this game. the creator has put out a google survey for us to answer what we would like in the game going forward and thought you guys might like to know.

Also, for those of you who haven't signed up but are considering it. My username is Rattannah and a referral would be great.