2017-11-29 13:44:19

hi i downloaded both test exe files and tryed it but the game isnt speaking. i use german language.

2017-11-29 14:17:09

ok i turn the language to english and it works but not in german hm but for sf its ok
thanks for the good work

2017-11-30 13:14:26

@r3dux is there a way to contact you off the forum? Is sending a mail to your forum mail fine?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-11-30 15:30:31

@Stewie, when you talk to people it should say speech option x, where x is a value between 0 and 3. If there's only one speech option then obviously only speech option 0 will be available.

I've just added an updated DoTT config which add a trigger for the Standard / Extended play modes of the VCR (which is a verticle toggle switch on the right hand side of the controls). This will act as the slow-motion toggle - but I've yet to get the game to the point where it's recording anything. Also, I can't seem to locate what buttons are being pressed as nothing gets highlighted on mouse-over - I haven't tried using a joypad for it yet though, perhaps that'll help me track it down.

With regards to the safe combination, I'm pretty sure it's hard-coded as it uses a sequence of drawn frames to display the combination, so you might just be able to look it up if it's being a nuisance.

The new DoTT config can be found at the SoniFightConfigs repo. Just download and extract the zip and copy the DoTT config.xml over the one in your sonifight folder, then start/restart SoniFight and it should be available.

I thought that safe would turn out to be trouble - unfortunately I was right.

@hadi.gsf - Yeah, just ping me an email through the forum and I'll get back to you.

With regard to using a hex editor, one of the simple features of one is that it can find and replace text without breaking the executable if you do it correctly. Probably easier if I have a go at making "discoengine.exe" and I can ping it to you if it works.

2017-11-30 15:33:24

Day of the Tentacle Spoilers
Bernard inputs the combination himself after he sees it. I'm busy right now but I can look at the config later.
End Spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-04 07:24:51

I tried the new config. The play mode switch works, however I still can't complete the puzzle without having the others labeled. They seem to be all in  a straight line, but no combination for me is working.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-06 13:24:32

@Stewie - Unfortunately nothing highlights in-game when you mouse over the VCR buttons. As you say, they're all in a straight line and from left to right are: Eject, Rewind, Play, Fast-Forward, Record, and finally Stop.

Just to the right of the Stop button is the Standard Play / Extended Play toggle switch.

To solve the puzzle you'll need something to record... rather than putting spoilers here I've written up some hints that should point you in the right direction. You can find the hints at the following address:
https://pastebin.com/raw/ZBbAV3qs

2017-12-08 00:07:19

I noticed a while ago that when I use cheat engine and find the addresses and values I want, everything works fine. but if I save my cht file, when I close cheat engine and the game then launch them both the cht file doesn't find the same values and I have to do it all manually again.
is my system changing memory addresses for programs each time I run them? and if so, why and can I stop it.

reason I'm wondering is it may explain why certain features in sonifight configs don'w work for me. it's looking in the wrong places for the values it needs if that makes sence.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-12-09 12:21:53

hi,
a friend has windows 7 and sonifight doesnt work with sf4 i turn steam on english but nothing.
maybe the problem is windows 7?

2017-12-09 21:58:32

hadn't thought of that. I'm running windows 7 as well. wonder if it's just people with 7 having problems with sf4?

2017-12-12 11:41:47

@SirBadger - That's exactly what's happening! Each time the game loads the current state of your PC's memory is slightly different, and there are also other aspects that affect the memory layout - so essentially every time you load the game the memory addresses for health or ammo or whatever are different. There isn't anything that you can do to change this - it's just how it all works.

This is why SoniFight uses pointer chains as a 'series of hops' to locate the values of interest in a manner which allows it to consistently work across different runs/reboots/PCs.

So unless your cheat engine .CHT files contain pointers to the values, instead of just where the values happen to be on the specific run of the game when you found them then they're unlikely to be of much use, unfortunately.

@Atlan - I replied to you in the user trial thread, and yeah - it could be that Windows 7 is loading things slightly different and breaking the pointer chains. If the SF4 config doesn't work for you in Windows 7 then it's quite likely it doesn't work for anyone in Windows 7. I can try to look into it. It would be great if someone other than me was able to create a modified Windows 7 version of the SF4 config, considering that the values to be found will all exist in the existing config (i.e. it's just the watch pointer chains that would need to be updated), but if not I'll see what I can do - although I won't be able to get to it right away.

2018-01-03 03:41:42

I'm having a play with the pointer chains for sf4 for windows 7 because I'm running that as well. can't promis anything but now I got the hang of pointers, or kind of, I should be able to do something with it.

2018-01-03 05:49:00

interestingly, the string variables seem to stay the same without having to track down pointers. now I just need to figure how to use them. lol. getting there though.

2018-01-03 09:33:39

hello, sorry for being late,
i did what you said to get the log.txt, but when i ran the game from command prompt, it said no configs in config directory.
and i editted sonifightx86.bat
like this

cd .\bin\x86
.\SoniFight_x86.exe > log.txt

and my log file,

The current culture is:
The current UI culture is: en-US
Returned dir: Beneath a Steel Sky (v0.0372 cd)
Returned dir: Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Steam - Build ID 1377745)
Returned dir: DiveKick (Steam - Build ID 779573)
Returned dir: Mortal Kombat 9
Returned dir: Ultra Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2.0.0.93908
About to read config: .\Configs\Mortal Kombat 9\config.xml
Attempting to connect to process: MKKE
.Tolk: The active screen reader driver is: NVDA
Tolk: This screen reader driver supports speech.
Tolk: This screen reader driver supports braille.
........Sonification stopped.

Sonification stopped.
About to read config: .\Configs\Mortal Kombat 9\config.xml
Attempting to connect to process: MKKE
Tolk: The active screen reader driver is: NVDA
Tolk: This screen reader driver supports speech.
Tolk: This screen reader driver supports braille.
Found process base address at hex address: 400000
Loading normal sample: Health-Half.mp3
Loading normal sample: Health-Quarter.mp3
Loading normal sample: Health-Low.mp3
Loading normal sample: Clock-45.mp3
Loading normal sample: Clock-10.mp3
Loading normal sample: Enhanced.mp3
Loading normal sample: Breaker.mp3
Loading normal sample: X-Ray.mp3
Loading normal sample: Health-Half-P2.mp3
Loading normal sample: Health-Quarter-P2.mp3
Loading normal sample: Health-Low-P2.mp3
Loading normal sample: Enhanced-P2.mp3
Loading normal sample: Breaker-P2.mp3
Loading normal sample: X-Ray-P2.mp3
irrKlang sound library version 1.5.0
Loaded plugin: ikpflac_32.dll
Loaded plugin: ikpmp3_32.dll
Using DirectSound8 driver

2018-01-03 11:57:55

Question for people who played Day of the tentacle:

How to use items on objects around? I need to flush back to the professor but no idea how to access and use my inventory to use item on something.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-01-03 23:14:04 (edited by SirBadger 2018-01-03 23:14:40)

I've got a problem with cheat engine. when I scan for pointers, I can't switch back to the main window without closing the pointer screen which is making life rather complicated trying to find changed addresses with the same pointers. does anybody know a way round this?

2018-01-12 14:48:20

@Lirin - To flush an object in DoTT bring up the inventory (when using a mouse that can be done by clicking the middle mouse button), then right click on the object you want and select 'Use', then click on either 'Chron-O-John' or 'Toilet' (either will work) and it'll be ready to be picked up by a different character. I don't think Hoagie can flush anything until his Chron-O-John is powered up.

@SirBadger - Yeah, the pointer window needs to stay open. It's a nuisance. Alt-Tab not helping?

@AlirezaNosrati - I don't get why it would say no configs when the log shows that it's found the config directories, it finds NVDA, it finds a valid (DirectSound 8) sound driver - and the Mortal Kombat 9 config was started. Could you explain the issue you're experiencing again, please?

2018-01-12 18:58:05

nope, alt tab won't take me to the main cheat engine window and if I minimize the pointer window I can't get back to it.

2018-01-12 19:55:44

problem is, i  start the app,   launch mkke,     start config, but  i can't heare screenreader or something to make the game
accessible.

my windows is 64 bit and i'm using 32 bit version

2018-01-13 03:21:30 (edited by r3dux 2018-01-13 03:22:03)

@SirBadger - You're absolutely right - that's a nuisance. I tried finding software to cycle subwindows but without much success, so I've raised an issue on the Cheat Engine github page about it. Hopefully it's something that can be remedied. GitHub issue url: https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/issues/289

@AlirezaNosrati - I'm so sorry but I have no idea why the Mortal Kombat config isn't working for you. The exact version of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition that the config was created for is the most recent version on Steam, which when you right-click and select properties on the game shows in the lower-left corner: "Current content buildID 344915" - however it's unlikely a screen reader will say this to you - the MKKE.exe file is 11,352,064 bytes if you look at its properties in file explorer.

If that's not the version you have, then that could be the reason why the MK config isn't working for you.

2018-01-13 10:07:46

it's the same version.

2018-01-13 17:43:19

hello.
i have some questions
1: how change language in the ultra street fighter?
2: can i make that all things screan reader voiced?
3: can you do, that configs worked without steam game version?

let's rock!

2018-01-14 01:05:42

@r3dux thanks for that let's hope they come up with something. somebody already posted a reply with some code to try but I'm dubious about trying it out because I don't quite understand it.

2018-01-14 01:50:03

@AlirezaNosrati - Hmm. Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 by any chance? It certainly works with Windows 10.

@arturminyazev - 1.) To change the game language in steam you need to right-click on the game and bring up the Properties window, then in the game properties window go to the Language tab and change the game language from the drop down menu to "English".

2.) When SoniFight is running it will give you audio feedback on menu options, character selections as well as some in-game cues about health, super and ultra bar statuses for you and the opponent. It doesn't cover everything, but it has a fair amount of triggers to make life a lot easier for the visually impaired.

3.) Unfortunately I only have the Steam version of the game so am not able to create a config for a non-steam version at this time.

@SirBadger - I've tried out the script and it works great. Just copy and paste the code into a new file with a dot L U A extension, so maybe call it

window_switcher.lua

or something. Then save the file and copy and paste it into the autorun folder of Cheat Engine. If you installed Cheat Engine in the default location (and assuming you have version 6.7) then this will be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cheat Engine 6.7\autorun

Then, when you run Cheat Engine and do a pointer scan and it opens a pointer scan results window, you'll be able to "Alt+Tab" between Cheat Engine's windows by using Alt+Tilda (tilda being the key just to the left of the 1 key on wester keyboards).

2018-01-14 02:59:18

cool. i'll try it. and weirdly, I'm using windows 7 64 bit as well and my mortal kombat works fine. it's just the sf4 that doesn't read menus which is why I'm trying to see if I can fix the pointers.
strange my mk works though and somebody elses doesn't when we're both on 7.