2017-11-29 13:47:01

Hello everybody,

I'm Marco and I work as a producer for Cloverbit, a game developing studio focusing on fully accessible video-games.

I would like to introduce to you our soon-to-be-released game.

For the last two year we worked towards completing Echoes from Levia: Soulbound.
It's an adventure game taking place in the world of Levia, a brand new nordic medieval fantasy setting, written specifically for this title.
Echoes from Levia: Soulbound tells the story of Seric, a young man  trying to find his path through life, overcoming the difficulties it presents and finally breaking the chains that bind him to an ancient being.

While playing you will explore different environments, dangerous places and fight mighty opponents.

The game makes use of Bullroarer, an audio technology we developed specifically for Echoes from Levia: Soulbound that helps making the environment more immersive and vibrant.

Our team is composed by 4 core members, but more than 10 people worked on this game, not counting the amazing voice actors that dubbed more than 100 voices.

Delivering this project has been a challenging and rewarding task. Now my team and I are proud to finally present you Echoes from Levia: Soulbound.

Here’s the trailer:
https://youtu.be/xo93x73-WUM

It will be soon available for PC, Mac, iOS and Android.

Follow us on Facebook to stay updated and get the latest news!
Echoes from Levia Official FB Page

ps. I'll stick around, so feel free to ask anything to me and the team behind this project!

pps. We will post in the New Releases Room Section once we are ready for the release, so stay tuned!

2017-11-29 14:38:36

Wow this sounds extremely awesome, we definitely are up for more adventure/rpg type games, and this one sounds like it is of a very high standard indeed judging by the acting.
I'll be looking forward to it.

Any idea on matters such as how much it will cost, or probable release dates?

Also I'd be interested to know a little about the gameplay, eg, first person view, whether it has turn based combat, how long the playing time is etc.

Between this, heroe's call, Brain station and several others, it's looking like 2018 is going to be a real landmark time for audiogames.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-29 15:27:09

hi o
this sounds is awesome
i can't wait when game release

2017-11-29 15:40:45

Sounds pretty cool

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-29 15:57:01

Thank you guys!

Dark, thanks for pointing the quality standard matter out!
We strive to reach and maintain the highest quality standard possible.
We're a small studio but we dedicate a lot of effort to it.

Echoes from Levia: Soulbound will cost 24.90€. We are currently testing and polishing it. We plan to release it in early 2018.

The game will be in first person, tile-based, with a graphical interface showing a map representing the scene from above. Of course it has been designed to allow the player to do absolutely everything with just the sound.

Yes! The combat is in real time, you will have to attack the enemies moving around and be also prepared to parry their blows.

We are waiting for some interesting titles too!

2017-11-29 16:44:25

Hi.
Something that interest me would be some mechanics of the game.
For example how long is the main storie of the game? I mean the actuall playing time, I know, one can't give a clear time, but an average would be quite cool to no.
Also, will there be side quest in the game that you can do?
Is there an RPG like system where you have a skill tree where you can put points into upgrading your character?
What about equipment, will you have the possibility of picking up, buying new weapons, armor, potions for what ever reason and so on?
Would be cool if you could tell us more about that.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-11-29 17:54:08

This sounds like it might be a great game! I'll be watching!

2017-11-29 18:03:27

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for such awesome news. Wow the game sounds great.
Are there any graphics in the game so blind and sighted people can play the same game?
I'm interested to hear if there will be any difference between the computer versions and the mobile platform versions. It's interesting that so big games with that much content is possible on IOS and Android. It would be totally amazing if the game is released on the Apple Tv OS as well.
I look very much forward to hear more about the game as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-29 18:05:08

Yes! More fantasy RPG's! We need more! Thank you so much, 2018 will be a great ⠽⠑⠜⠖

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-29 18:05:31

Hello Moritz, thanks for your questions!

I cannot disclose everything you asked, so please be patient until I receive a green light.

Along with Echoes from Levia: Soulbound, we also wanted to build a strong framework to create and tell stories.We believe that the typical RPG features can be intriguing, but for this title we focused on other more important aspects (at least to us), like the immersivity of the game, the depth of the story and a lot of technical stuff, especially in the audio sector.

Still, there is something I can tell about the mechanics!
The exploration system has been designed with some features to ease orientation without sacrificing the immersivity. For example movements are tile-based, which means every step you make will move the player exactly of one tile and rotations have 90° steps.

Last, but not least, every single action made by the player, from footsteps to weapon swings, will reproduce a realistic audio feedback.

ps: Good News, the website is now active, check it out, if you want!
http://www.echoesfromlevia.com/

2017-11-29 18:22:56

Thank you guys, we really appreciate that!

SLJ, the game provides a graphic representation of the scene from above, even if it's not required to play, to allow sighted players to play! Moreover, when the plot intensifies, dialogues will be accompained by hand-drawn cutscenes.

There will be no major differences between desktop and mobile versions, aside from the input system. I agree with you, a few years ago wouldn’t be possible to publish games of this size on mobile devices. Just one warning, it will be bigger than the average mobile game, so be sure to have enough free space! You will find all the requirements in the app store.
This is mostly because everything in the game is dubbed, from the menus to the extras in the background.

I’ll talk to the tech guys to let them know about the suggestion to publish it for Apple Tv OS, too. Even if it is not currently planned, if there will be enough interest about this platform we’ll definitely consider it!

2017-11-29 19:04:02

This sounds extremely awesome, I definitely like the idea of exploration and of there being graphics in the game, since I always like to use what vision I have when i can.

My only concern reflects the length of the project, since unfortunately it has happened in the past that developers come up all guns blazing with a detailed game with great voice acting, and then the game proves shorter than expected, still we'll see, and I definitely look forward to finding out what the game is like for myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-29 19:28:18

hi cloverbit
your site have English language?

2017-11-29 19:33:26

Ugh! The web site is in some non English language and is full of unlabeled links.

Frowns.

2017-11-29 19:34:31

We don't want to give any misleading information, since we are currently testing the game over every aspect and this can introduce serious bias in our estimation of its length.
However I understand your concern about this, and if it can help, I can say that we have about two hours of dubbed dialogues and cutscenes, and since this game has a lot more content than only dialogues and cutscenes, we expect it to last no less than six hours, probably more.
Anyway, I assure you that this information will be public before the release *smile*

2017-11-29 19:50:26 (edited by Cloverbit 2017-11-29 20:19:19)

Hello Toto and Orko,
the website should be localized in english, we just launched it. Probably there are some back end issues that need to be fixed.
I apologize for the inconvenience, I'll let you know when its done

Thank you for your feedback!
Could I know what screen reader are you currently using?

2017-11-29 20:36:56

i m use jaws 18

2017-11-29 20:50:53

Marco, it appears that the site has changed. I checked earlier today and there was much more to the site than there is now.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-29 21:03:08

Hi,
This sounds truly amazing.
Can you already tell what the Price of the game will be?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-11-29 21:16:04

Sorry again for the inconveniences with our site. A wrong attribute specified the site language as italian, while everything was written in english. It was causing most screenreaders to try to read english with an italian pronunciation.
We also fixed a couple of bugs, but tomorrow Andrea (our web designer) will look more deeply into it, because for some reasons some screenreaders reads "clickable" where they shouldn't.

The site is up now with the language fixed and it will now work better. Refresh the page with F5 if you still land on the work in progress page.
Please if you find any other problem with the site, don't hesitate to report them to [email protected] .

Hi Dragomier, the site was down for an hour and was displaying a simple "work in progress" page, that's why the site now has a totally different layout.

Hi Juliantheaudiogamer, we're glad you appreciated the trailer! The price will be set to 24,90 euros on PC, Mac, Android and iOS.

2017-11-29 21:28:20

I also use JAWS 2018.

2017-11-29 21:52:29

Hi Marco,

My name is André Filipe Silva and I was born in the USA. However, I come from a Portuguese background.
I would like to ask you some questions about the upcoming game Echoes from Levia. Will the main character be able to jump over obstacles or not? How will he attack enemies? What type of weapons will he be able to equip? Can he learn new skills as the story progresses or not? Will there be a playable to try out for us to see what the game is like before we can purchase it or not? Will this demo be available for a certain period of time or can we play the demo for as long as we want?
From what I heard in the trailer, this game sounds awesome!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
Cheers,
André

2017-11-29 22:10:39 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2017-11-29 22:25:59)

Really, really no words. This is very awesome and exciting. I really wish it could be paid so you could be supported with this amazing looking game. Many thanks for your great work.
Edit: oupse haven't read the replies above. I'll be excited to buy it as soon as it comes out.
Kind regards

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-11-29 22:27:00

This may be an idiotic question, but since the game is priced in euros, is it still possible to buy it with USAID? I'd imagin payment services do such conversions.

2017-11-29 22:35:51

Dragomier, I think conversion is what will happen the time you buy it, as what does really happen with me when I buy from devs like TiconBlu.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P