2017-11-08 01:31:28

Hey, my name is Sarah and I'm in the audio-only game design class at UB. I'm working on an audio-only game that heavily uses music and I'm required to get feedback from strangers for it.

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:32:29

Hello everyone!

My name is Eddie and I'm a senior at the University of Baltimore, in a game design program. I've only used forums a handful of times, so this is still new to me. I'm currently developing an audio only game and will be uploading my basic prototype soon. So, I hope to eventually receive feedback on said game and hear about possible ways to improve my design!

Thanks,
Eddie

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:35:54

Hi there! I'm Nathan

As of the day this was posted, I am taking an audio-only games class at the University of Baltimore, and learning how to make an audio only game. I'll be posting a game (or some kind of digital audio-only experience) somewhere on here as part of an assignment. In the meantime though, I was told to introduce myself to prove I'm not a spam bot. I hope to learn more about sound editing and making sounds for video games during my time here. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Nathan Dupree

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:40:19

Hello, everyone.

My name is Alontaye and I'm a undergraduate at University of Baltimore. I'm currently in a class that's teaching how to make audio-only games and hoping I can get some helpful feedback on my own audio game. As this is my first time replacing visuals with audio, I'm willing to learn some helpful advice to point me in the right direction. It also changes my perspective of how important audio is for games and how it can be used as a mechanic of its own.

I'm not that good at coding complex features, but I have an idea of how some of the basic coding for unity work. I hope I don't ask too many coding questions to annoy any of you.

Thank you for taking time to reading this.
Alontaye

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:40:59

Hi all,

My name is Revee' Watts and I am a Senior at the University of Baltimore. I am a Simulation and Digital Entertainment major, studying Level Design for video gaming. I am currently working on an audio-only game for a Frontiers of Game Design class and would like to get some feedback on this project. I aspire to work with 3D game design companies and am currently looking for a game development internship. I hope that you all will allow me to share my progress with you in this forum.

Pleased to meet everyone,

Revee'

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:44:05

Hello my name is Kevin. Due in part of an assignment I am asked to do register an account here and that I introduce myself to prove I'm not a spam bot. In the coming days I will be uploading a game I'm making in this forum. Hope you like it and that its a success. Nice meeting everyone.

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:47:29

Hi,
I'm Cory and I'm currently making an audio only game for a course at the University of Baltimore. Soon, I'll be submitting a prototype of my game in order to gain some feedback.
Thanks,
Cory

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 02:30:12

Hello,
I'm David and I'm also in the audio only game course at UB, soon I'll be submitting a prototype of my game Robbing Blind to get some feedback on it.
Thank you!
-David

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 03:32:11

Hi, i'm Chantel and I am in the University of Baltimore's audio only class. I am working on making an audio-only game and I'm interested in getting feedback on my game.

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 04:27:34

Hello! I'm Lucas and I'm a senior in the University of Baltimore's game design program. I was hoping to participate in the forum as a way to get feedback on my final project for my frontiers of game design class. This semester the focus is on audio only experiences in games.

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 07:45:35

Holy crap it's an aaaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealaaaaaaaaaaaaanche!

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 08:08:39

Good grief it's the Baltimore invasion!

Well assuming my finger hasn't fallen off from unrestricting everybody, everybody is welcome and we look forward to trying out your various game projects, we're always up for trying new audiogames, and it sounds like there are  on the way.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-09 19:58:27

Hi there. Like a lot of the recent new users, I am a enrolled in an audio only game design class at University of Baltimore. I am trying to make an horror experience through the use of audio only elements. Some of my methods so far, besides spooky demon noises, are interesting spacialized ambient noises and music elements drawn from horror movie scores. I hope to gain some useful feedback from this community on audio only games that I post.

Thanks
-Karl-Heinz

Thumbs up

2017-11-09 21:41:13

hi, my name is Stanislaw Przedzinkowski. i am from Poland and i am a blind gamer, and i am not a spam bot

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

Thumbs up

2017-11-10 07:09:03

@stasp, thanks for doing that, now I can be sure. Welcome to the forum and hope you have fun.

@kgilaud, hello and welcome, spooky demon noises definitely sound interesting and we'll be glad to see what you come up with.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-11 23:57:34

Hi My Names Joey Bull. I am a enrolled in an audio only game design class at University of Baltimore. I Am making a game called Creature loose in the Dark Lab for blind users. The game will be based on a scientist who gets sent to a part of the lab he has never been in and the power turns off to the building and the emergency protocol is activated. as the player you will have to navigate the pitch black lab and try to find the exit while avoiding the monster who escapes do to the power turning off. A little behind the rest of the Baltimore students but i hope to gain useful feedback from the community.

Thanks Joey Bull.

Thumbs up

2017-11-12 10:33:19

Hi Joey.

That sounds wonderfully creepy, and rather nostalgically like the first ever audio fps game, Shades of Doom. we'll look forward to meeting your monster ;D.

2017-11-13 17:48:11

Hello!

This is my first post here.
I did not know about audiogames and Im here to see this new area for me!

See you in the forums

Thumbs up

2017-11-13 23:41:50

Hi, my name is Samantha Scott. I'm taking the audio-only class in the University of Baltimore. I was hoping to get feedback on my game, the Listening Spy, where the player sneaks into a competitors business to steal classified files while avoiding obstacles.

Thumbs up

2017-11-14 01:31:33

@2Can I just say that, whoever teaches this class, I'd like to meet her or him and shake her or his hand? I think we've just seen more sighted devs posting about accessible gaming in one fell swoop than in the entire history of this community. Maybe not quite, but still...pretty cool.

Thumbs up +1

2017-11-14 10:45:44

Hello antoniodela15 and welcome, audiogames are a great thing to explore, so good luck in checking things out.
Any questions, please feel free to ask, or check the site faq.

@Samantha, as with the others on this course, your very welcome and we look forward to testing your games, it's great as Joseph said that the site is getting recognition from those teaching new developers, hopefully this will mean more audiogames in the future.

2017-11-14 20:07:44

Hey all my name is Deswyn and I'm also a student at UB working on an audio game using Google Cardboard. This game is more of an experiment of being able to follow audio in virtual reality.

Thumbs up

2017-11-15 11:29:30

Hi deswync and  to the forum.

Again, great to see audiogames.net so used in teaching games development.

2017-11-16 14:27:28

My ame is Gena. I'm just looking for a good way to be more informed about blind friendly games for the computer. I'm retired and have a good bit of time on my hands and I love playingand learning new games.  Have a good day the thanks for contributing to the blind community.

Thumbs up

2017-11-16 16:25:23

Hello Gena and welcome.
We certainly have a variety of games around here, so whatever your fancy, you should find plenty to try out (see the database on the front page of this site for details).
Any questions, feel free to ask.