2017-11-02 09:37:28 (edited by konsta 2017-11-02 09:38:04)

Stormtroopers are actually probably not going to be a part of this one, I'll have to think on that. The droids are a good idea though.
After I've decided what to implement, there will be a backstory explaining why the situation at that time is what it is. Suffice it to say that the time at which this game, uh, takes presence, shall we say, is not quite the same at which the Star Wars movies/books have their events at.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

2017-11-02 16:01:58

KotOR?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-02 16:23:06

A pitty.. I've always wanted to slaughter stormtroopers witha  lightsaber.

2017-11-03 07:41:54

caio wrote:

A pitty.. I've always wanted to slaughter stormtroopers witha  lightsaber.

You'll probably get that chance online. I haven't given full thought of how the online play will be just yet. Right now I'm working on attack and defend patterns, meaning that you can defend from the right and attack on the left. The offline enemy might or might not block the hits.

2017-11-03 09:47:33

V2.0 is out! It includes:
* defends and attacks no longer require the up arrow to function
* you can now make patterns, thanks to the  new attack/defend system
* added survival mode with a small map where you randomly encounter Sith

The readme file has also been updated.

2017-11-03 15:42:47

Fantastic!
couldn't play at all due to my arrows not responding first time, but that was luckily an issue restarting fixed. Kind of funny though when I was sure I was pressing the right buttons. tongue
on a somewhat related note, you mentioned ultrasabers earlier.  would you recommend?  I've always wanted one of those.  Are the soundfonts easy to set up?

2017-11-03 16:26:53

Hello there! Love the 2.0 verssion..
Just two problems:
1- when you restart survival mode, your health isn't restored. 2: For some reazons, the enemi's screams aren't playing.

2017-11-03 19:49:51

I'd definitely recommend Ultra Sabers. The fonts are extremely easy to cycle through once they're on the soundboard, but you will need sighted help to customize them.

2017-11-03 21:52:01

caio wrote:

Hello there! Love the 2.0 verssion..
Just two problems:
1- when you restart survival mode, your health isn't restored. 2: For some reazons, the enemi's screams aren't playing.

Both of these have been fixed in V2.1, available via the updater.

2017-11-03 22:11:56 (edited by defender 2017-11-03 22:13:45)

I don't know how this would work in the code, but I think it would be very cool if you had a significantly lower chance of making a hit when you attack on the same side you blocked from.
Right now you basically just have to press the key twice and that just doesn't feel like fencing, it isn't very challenging and it just ends up feeling like a game of chance.
Not saying you shouldn't be able to make a hit, just that it should be harder that way.

I also wish that the successful attack and enemy death sounds would actually happen on the side you swung from, instead of a random one, makes it seem more realistic that way.

Another suggestion is to make up arrow the center attack key, personally using the down arrow never really made sense to me, it feels more satisfying that way, the blind swordsmen and a blind legend already use it for a reason, and it's easier for your fingers when using a laptop too.
Maybe you could use the down arrow for taunts? That would be cool...

I'm wondering why you don't start out with allot more health on survival mode, I know it's supposed to be a challenge, but I can't imagine most people getting through even 3 Sith this way...

The more I play it the more I enjoy this game though, even if it's missing some stuff like cutting sounds for attacks, and deflecting blaster bolts, or force moves, but hey, that could happen later... And it still has high quality sounds and music, very satisfying to kill your enemy as well! :-)

Oh, one thing, I noticed that when your enemy gets to 29 percent health, it takes way more tries than usual to get a hit; I suppose this could be a fluke, but it's happened to me three times now.

Looking forward to 2.1, thanks for fixing the bugs so fast!

2017-11-03 23:13:38

Thanks for the suggestions! I implemented most of them as you can see.
V2.2 is out and contains:
* now that you don't need a separate attack key, changed the central attack/defense key to up arrow
* when the enemy is hit, the pain sound plays on the same side as the saber swing
* survival mode now has significantly more health than one-battle mode
Happy slashin'!

2017-11-03 23:34:24

Still can't get this game to work.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-11-04 09:46:09

Either I'm doing something wrong or the twirl is broken.

I'm holding the control key with the corresponding direction to block the apponent's attack, but it doesn't appear to be working.

I'm not using one handed mode, since I find it easier to use the left control key with the arrows.

Do I have to press them at the exact same time, or can I hold down control, then press an arrow key.

2017-11-04 09:50:38

kool_turk wrote:

Either I'm doing something wrong or the twirl is broken.

I'm holding the control key with the corresponding direction to block the apponent's attack, but it doesn't appear to be working.

I'm not using one handed mode, since I find it easier to use the left control key with the arrows.

Do I have to press them at the exact same time, or can I hold down control, then press an arrow key.

Hold down control, then hit the corresponding arrow key.
What version of CoL do you have?

2017-11-04 11:46:22

At the time of this post, version 2.2.

2017-11-04 11:59:05

Interesting, as it works over here. Was the twirl coming from the center? I did change the central key to up arrow now that there's no need for a separate attack key.

2017-11-04 18:26:00

Hi.
I don't get how the blocking system works. I hold down the control key and press the direction in which the sounds are coming from, but I still get hit. The only way I can attack back is by spamming the up arrow key.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-04 19:22:46

Twerling doesn't work for me either. Pressing control with an arrow doesn't seem to do anything. I like how it works now with survival mode, kinda reminds me of mortal kombat or something the way you walk around then when you incounter a sith you enter a duel and are no longer able to run around

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-04 21:39:25

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
I don't get how the blocking system works. I hold down the control key and press the direction in which the sounds are coming from, but I still get hit. The only way I can attack back is by spamming the up arrow key.

The control key is used to block twirls. To block normal attacks you just press the corresponding arrow key.
Twirls happen only on the knight and master levels.

2017-11-05 04:37:44

Maybe we should have a small tutorial, like mortal kombat does with the training tutorial.

It'll teach you the basics, and perhaps help you to perfect various moves.

So let's say I want to practice blocking twirls, it can help me with twirls.

Training would give you more time to react to your, I'll just call it a training dummy, that way when you play the actual game, you won't feel like you've been pushed into the deep end of the swimming pool before learning how to swim.

I can get the twirl to work some of the time now, but I think if I could just practice with it, I would be better.

2017-11-05 10:51:38

Oh I see. I'll give it a try later on and report back if it works for me.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-06 00:16:55

hey is anyone here a fan of dragonball z kai and dragonball super? does anyone have sound effects from the show including power-ups fight sounds and so on? if so, it would be cool to have a mod of this star wars light battles game where you fight as a saiyan. but rather than easy, normal, hard and so on as difficulties you could fight at different levels such as,
regular saiyan, including the kai-o-kenn-technique that gives you extra speed and strength for maybe 10 seconds. control arrows could let you power up to super-saiyen for a few moments to do more damage.
next fighting levels could be, super-saiyen, super saiyen2, super saiyen3. final and most difficult could be super-saiyen blue. each fighting mode could be combined with kai-o-kenn for a few seconds to increase speed and strength for a few seconds. and then we could fight villains such as: from easy to super hard.
vegeta
ginue force
frieza
cell android
majin buu
super majin buu
lord beerus
and finally the most difficult, frost from db super.
control shift arrows  could do flying attacks left and right and center.
A dragonball z and super fighting game would be so awesome!

2017-11-06 02:11:49

@joshknnd1982
Cool ideas! I'm a huge dragonball fan, so yeah I think that'd make for an awsom game. I always tell myself that I'm gonna try to learn to code so that I can atempt to create a dbz sidescroller, but haven't gotten to that yet lol.
Anyway, that's off topic, this SW game is a lot of fun. I'd like to see combos added for the enemy, so you'd hear a battle cry or something and the aponent would perform a couple of very quick consecutive attacks that you'd have to block. Maybe some kind of parry system could be implimented as well, so you could match the timing of an attack, parry it, and reverse with some kind of special manuver. Also, maybe the enemy could jump into the air, leaving him volnerable for a split second in which you could perform a key input that would stop this particular attack, but if he jumps over you and manages to get behind you there's a chance he could stab you in the back and end the match. Of course these are just some ideas, and I have no idea what could or couldn't work when coding a game, but there you go!

2017-11-06 16:36:22

I'm not a big fan of fighting games, but I do love Star Wars, so I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

2017-11-16 23:19:29

Any news?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.