2017-10-14 18:11:56

hello developers i have an idea we don't have a fastfood restaurant simulation game. for vision people it is my burger shop game that you can make and sell burger and french frize  to costomers  but it's not accessable for blind people. so if you can please make such game. i would like to play this games thanks

2017-10-14 18:29:10

On it

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-10-14 19:06:26

hello aprone what's your game? tell me more about it i am waiting for your answer

2017-10-14 23:09:49

Oh my gosh.We're getting a fast food game! Is there anything aprone can't do? Lol!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-10-14 23:24:53

Weird, my last comment seems to have vanished.  I'll type it again I guess.

The game is a restaurant management game, but so far I've kept its details to myself until it's ready to be majorly tested.  The game has a lot going on so right now the part I'm sort of stuck on is how to let the player understand and set all of the game options without being overwhelmed or bored silly.  This summer has been the busiest summer I can remember in my life, so I haven't had much time to work on it lately.  The skilled sound master Kai has already produced tons of great sounds for the game, so hopefully it will turn out being a fun enough game to justify the sound work he has put into it, ROFL!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-15 10:27:47

@Aprone

I know that there was a topic a while back where Kai asked members of the forum to submit voices for the game, and I was more than willing to help out. I'm not sure how much progress has been made in that area, but are there still plans to use community-provided voices in the game or will you be going a different route at this point? I'm looking forward to hearing more about the game, but take your time with its development. I'm sure that the members of the community would much rather you tend to life responsibilities instead of forcing yourself to work on the game. smile I'm excited to see how the game will work. I started work on a Diner Dash style game a long time ago, but due to a lack of community created characters/personalities, the project just somewhat lost momentum.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-10-15 10:41:02

@Aprone you are awesome.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-10-15 12:58:26

Dude can't wait to see this. Keep up the good work.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2017-10-15 16:44:22

Thanks big_smile

Gamedude, when Kai went looking for voice submissions he never really got what he needed so the game took a different direction and will be using just generic sounds.  By generic sounds I mean that each of your waiters will pull their sounds from a generic pool rather than all being individual people that each use a different submitted voice.  It would have been cooler the original way, but sometimes we have to abandon the "wouldn't it be cool if" plans in favor of more realistic ones, haha!

This summer I have done about a bajillion projects (maybe not quite that many), but finally the end is in sight.  I seem to be down to only a few more big family/friend projects left.  For example, my sister-in-law's realized her roof was leaking when her bedroom wall turned into a bubble of water behind the drywall.  I tore out the walls and ceiling, spent days patching and repairing the roof, and now I'm looking for the time needed to go in and re-drywall and paint everything I had torn out.  My other sister-in-law is throwing a birthday party for her twins today (I'll be heading there not long after I post this), so days have been spent over there cleaning the basement where the party will be held.  It's just a lot of these sorts of things that continue to pop up on a weekly basis, and for most of the summer I had a list of literally a dozen big projects that I kept chipping away at.  Each time I'd finish one, more would get tacked onto the end, and the list never shrank.  In recent weeks new projects stopped being added as quickly, and now they've all but stopped being added.  The list has steadily shrank and now I feel like I'm going to be officially done once I wrap up these last few.

So yeah, I feel like I've made a lot of programming promises here on the forums early in the summer, and I have not delivered on them.  I hate how that turned out because a lot of people probably figure I've just ignored the community and am goofing off playing video games this whole time or something, ROFL!  big_smile  If I can get these projects finished quickly, I'll have about a month of free programming time before the peak holiday season starts up at work.  I plan to get a ton of stuff coded during that time and a few games released (perhaps I'm being overly optimistic).  Once December starts, work is usually so busy that I don't have time for programming at all, so I really am battling to get that small window of coding time.

Wow this turned into a long rant'ish post of mine, ROFL!  I went a bit off the original topic there.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-15 19:06:21

hello aprone when you release this nice game? i can't wait for it.

2017-10-16 16:57:20

hello aprone please answer my quesstion when you release this game?

2017-10-16 17:14:19

My goal is before December, because if it takes me that long then I'll probably be forced to wait until the holiday season has ended before I can continue working on it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-16 20:35:58

hello,
how can i register for the dialogs and these kind of things? i mean for voice acting
this is how i can help in this project

2017-10-17 00:18:23

Hi.
@Masroor, please read aprone's ppost he was being pretty clear. Making games takes a while, especially when you have other things to do.
@Aprone, sounds like you have a lot to do. I'll be looking forward to December!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-10-17 16:55:01

@visualstudio
Unfortunately, Aprone's game won't require any more voice submissions. There was a window a while back, but there weren't a lot of contributions, so the game will be heading a different direction.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-10-21 17:31:45

hello aprone please explane more aboat your game and what we can do in it thanks

2017-10-21 17:53:51

Here is a short overview I recently typed into the game's readme, for my testers.  It might help explain what this game is going to be like.

Order-Up is a restaurant simulation game, where you must juggle the general management of an eating establishment.  I'll work more on this description later.

The game is laid out in a grid, allowing you to arrow around to each tile.  Pressing Enter lets you build the various things your restaurant will need.  When you unpause the game (with space), the clock begins ticking and your workers automatically begin doing their tasks.  By default their job duties are set to everything, meaning they will handle any jobs that need doing.  Until you get more familiar with the game, and probably have a few additional workers, you probably want to keep your people's duties set to everything.

When your restaurant's opening time is reached, it means the doors are unlocked.  Eventually customers are going to start showing up, and if the time lines up with their preferred breakfast, lunch, or dinner, they may start showing up in droves.  Once inside the customers will line up and wait to be greeted and seated at an available table.  Customers may show up alone, meaning 1 customer will use up the entire table, or they may show up in groups/parties as large as 4, meaning all 4 customers sit at the same table.  Larger groups of customers uses up less tables but they can also create more stress on your kitchen as their food order will be larger.

There is a lot more to the game than this, but it's a quick overview.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-21 19:52:06

Ah, like a part of the first castaways, a verry good game so.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-10-21 20:29:17

A restaurant version of castaways. Lol. Keep up the work.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-10-21 22:57:06

hello,
as i wanted to say this
i want to test this, if possible, add me to your beta testing team!

2017-10-22 21:33:30

hello aprone keep up working

2017-10-25 17:52:46

hello aprone i have a quesstion about your game can we heare sound of the kitchen in your game?  thanks

2017-10-25 18:16:27

Hi.
Like Visual studio, I really want to be in the beta testing team.
Just email me if you want testers and I will be glad to help.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-11-03 22:38:24

aa this game is going to be awesome!
i played all of aprone's games, they are all awesome
when will you release this new    fasd food sim game?

2017-11-04 12:03:07

Hopefully within a month Alireza.  I've got a handful of people testing it for me, but there is still a long way to go before it is balanced and fleshed out into a complete game.

- Aprone
Aprone's software