2017-08-20 01:06:46 (edited by Orko 2017-08-20 01:09:48)

So, bottom line is that Steam is not required nor will it be installed if I buy through ich.io?

Sorry about all the questions, but I've never bought anything through ich.io before so I know next to zero about it, and I'm trying to avoid Steam.

2017-08-20 11:13:29

Well, for me steam is ideal platform for sure. smile
Can't wait when it will be availlable. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-20 18:17:13

Hello,
sorry for not answering for some time.

- Steam is not required. You can instead buy the game on itch io or on the Humble Store or directly from us on our website. I'm not sure how accessible all of these stores are since I've heard that Steam isn't?

- Once the accessibility features are out, you can use the same download link as before. We'll upload the new version on all stores.

- The usage of the tab key for almost all inputs in the game is rather new so it wasn't mentioned in the earlier accesibility version. Sorry. But the idea is also not to type in single letters to get to commands, but to type out whole words. The key dee will not access Door, because Database comes before that. So typing out the whole or at least the first few letters of the command is what you're supposed to do.

- Can you point me to an overview of how to write out single letters so the screenreader will pronounce them correctly?
I know that we have several spots in the game where the screenreader has to read single letters.

- I'm glad to hear that some of you already managed to play through a large chunk of episode 1 even though we haven't been able to program most of the new accessibility features. That gives me hope that you won't have to wait that long.

- Speaking of waiting time. Currently we're still working on the german translation and this whole week we'll be busy exhibiting the game at Gamescom. We have a nine square meter booth in the Indie Arena Booth, which is awesome, but also a lot of work. Hopefully this will lead to us getting some more press exposure though. After that week is over, we have a few more days planned to work on the german translation and after that we'll work on the accesibility features. So I'd estimate three to four weeks, because there are several spots, where we have to come up with slightly different game design. For example, there's one spot, where you have to download something, but the part where you learn how to download stuff is currently being skipped in the accesibility version. We want to deliver the best possible product, so please give us a few more weeks.

Thanks for all your support.

2017-08-20 18:23:48

Kevin, it's okay, I'll wait as much as needed to play this masterpiece and help as much as possible to make this the best experience if you will ever need my help. smile

What about Steam it's not accessible but everything is doable and you can use Steam fully with few workarounds. The problems is, some people just don't want to for differend reasons. I am using Steam for atleast 8 years and I have large selection of games there and it's ust fine. I can access achievements, games, I can install / uninstall and manage my games, I can browse games, chat with my friends, invite / remove people etc. Everything is doable and it's really easy if you WANT to use it. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-20 19:07:26

Considering that the ich.io web site says this game was released two years ago and we're still waiting for an accessible version plus the rest of the episodes, and after seeing a number of games release episode 1 but but never release the rest of their story, I will wait until the accessible version is ready for immediate download before spending any money.

At least I'll give you credit for saying right out that the game is episodic in nature. Blindside died at episode 1 but on their web site, where they are still selling the game, they never tell you that all you're getting is part 1 of a multi part story and that the rest of the story will never be written. Just like in Chillingham, and Time Adventure, you find out that you only have the first part of a longer story when the game ends rather abruptly.

2017-09-07 16:10:42

any updates?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-09-07 16:16:52 (edited by Orko 2017-09-07 16:19:43)

Unless they've posted something to their own community or their subredit page it doesn't look like it.

I was just thinking about checking their website myself because I'm waiting for the visually impaired version of the game. Thanks for prompting me to do it.

2017-09-07 16:18:05

what's the link to the redit page?

2017-10-01 18:29:31

Is there any update as to when we can expect the accessible version of this game to be released?

2017-10-02 20:17:19

Check KS and Twitter commentary, they're still working, give it time.

2017-10-28 17:01:50

where is the instructions for the blind player? I can't figure out how to move through the menus and hitting enter does nothing.

Journalist and gamer

2017-10-28 19:03:50

it ixn't menus, the commands are typed, like old adventure games. BTW, their was a KS update saying that the next patch would be out soon for german and blind players.

2017-10-28 19:10:40

Do i redownload it when the update comes out?

2017-10-28 19:34:04

Just looking their web site, it doesn't appear that they have released anything new since the initial release. I'm still waiting for the vision impaired version of episode to be released before I'll pay anything for this game. There's been too much vapourware to even considering paying anything until it is truly available for immediate download.

@flame_elchemist

Yes, I do believe that you'll have to redownload it if the vision impaired version is ever released.

2017-10-29 06:16:45

guys, it will be released. we're still getting updates even with just Twitter and Kickstarter, let alone Redit and other things that i don't follow. They are very much still around, alive, and working, don't doubt them, please. If they dropped off the face of the map, that's one thing, but they are still posting fairly regularly, and good things don't happen overnight. Their are other audio games that are taking just as long to hit the market right now, so they're not the only ones, just keep checking social media and be a tiny bit patient.

2017-10-29 09:40:47

Hi!
I'm sure this one will get released with accessibility at some point.
Reminds me a bit of how I was waiting for Hadean Lands, the unbelievably complex alchemy sci-fi puzzle game by Andrew Plotkin. That one was something like two years overdue and then it came out and blew my mind.
Happy gaming,
E G

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2017-10-29 15:22:38

Maybe they are posting updates via social media, but for those of us who don't use social media, their web site looks for all the world like its been abandoned. There hasn't been any changes or additions, especially to the news section, for a long time, and for me, that is all I need to know. No visually impaired version available? No money!

2017-12-02 12:38:08 (edited by kevin.glaap 2017-12-02 12:41:20)

hey everyone. Sorry for being off the radar for some time. The problem is that we are only two people developing the game and after the release in August we both got super sick for quite a while.
However, I have good news for you. The blind-friendly version of Episode 1 is finally done and we hope that over the next few days some of you .. preferably the ones who already bought the game .. will test it for us.
We have done a lot of testing ourselves, but of course, we can't get even close to imagining what it feels like for you.
So I set up a thread for testing in the developers area.
Hopefully, we can then release the blind-friendly mode later next week.

We understand that our website isn't very blind-friendly. The reason why you think it's been abandoned is that the website is actually just graphics. The news-section that you talk about is actually burried deep on the fourth page so that is not used a lot, but we're going to write news soon.

2018-01-21 10:48:19

If I buy the Steam version of the game, are the yet unreleased episodes included, or Do I have to buy them separately?