2017-10-27 17:02:15 (edited by konsta 2019-03-14 17:58:44)

Hello, all!

I'm proudly presenting the first Star Wars game in the Light Battles series. As some of you may know, Light Battles was originally developed by Lighttech Interactive but never made it from the beta. I decided to finish their work with some niceties, including difficulty levels.

Because this game was created in honour of Lighttech Interactive's original work, I included their logo in the beginning, right after my own, self-composed logo. Credit goes to them for providing a lot of the sounds, too, that were in the original Light Battles beta.

I said first in series because I am planning on continuing the series with something having to do with stormtroopers, and if I get enough sounds, maybe something Battlefront-like where you can choose who you are playing as. smile

Feedback is always welcome, I'm listening! And finally, here is the download link:
http://prometheus-enterprises.com/games/CoL.exe

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

2017-10-27 17:22:31

Hello.

link isn't working says you met your daily download limit.

2017-10-27 17:26:48 (edited by konsta 2017-10-27 17:28:38)

Hello!
Uh, sorry for that. I have uploaded it to my server. Here is the new link:
http://prometheus-enterprises.com/games/CoL.zip

2017-10-27 18:50:23

hi there , the game works pritty nice  here ,
I am fighting the aprentices now.
are you gonna expand the game some more? will be nice if there's a special condition like , you stunt the  enemies and you could hit them multyple times or something big_smile

2017-10-27 18:56:33

JasonBlaze wrote:

hi there , the game works pritty nice  here ,
I am fighting the aprentices now.
are you gonna expand the game some more? will be nice if there's a special condition like , you stunt the  enemies and you could hit them multyple times or something big_smile

Hello,
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I am planning on adding bonus items that will give you (or the enemy if they get it) some boosts, and these might include stunts. Right now, though, the game attempts to reflect the original behaviour of Light Battles with only a few niceties smile.

2017-10-27 19:02:22

Hi consta are you sure that you have right to original lightbattle I think that you should first ask any developer from Lighttech.
I know, that  Erion  Osztolykan known here as robioy is active.

2017-10-27 19:06:33

mojsior wrote:

Hi consta are you sure that you have right to original lightbattle I think that you should first ask any developer from Lighttech.
I know, that  Erion  Osztolykan known here as robioy is active.

I didn't write the original Light Battles. I just wanted a game that would follow its footsteps, so to speak. If LTI thinks I should remove their logo from the beginning, I can. It's currently there to show that I wrote this to show respect to the idea that they originally started and give them credit for it.

2017-10-27 19:08:46

ok I understand.
Nice job I love starwars so I will try this game

2017-10-27 19:11:24

mojsior wrote:

ok I understand.
Nice job I love starwars so I will try this game

Did you mean Robjoy? I thought of removing the LTI logo for now, and if he's ok with it playing there to show whose the idea originally was, I can re-add it. smile

2017-10-27 19:31:30

Hello,
Can you try to make it non-turn based, because that was what lighttech did. It would make the game more fun. Also can you add the e key to check the eneemy's health?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-10-27 19:40:36

Hi,
This is actually quite a different game to Light Battles, or the way I remember it. It's a bit more fast paced, in fact.

2017-10-27 19:41:40

Oh, then I got it wrong. I only played it on trainee. I'm sorry.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-10-27 22:31:37

Yes! Yes yes yes! Downloading now

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-10-27 23:05:33

burak wrote:

Hello,
Can you try to make it non-turn based, because that was what lighttech did. It would make the game more fun. Also can you add the e key to check the eneemy's health?

It's actually not turn-based. It's just restricted so that you can't continuously attack the enemy without defending first, nor defend continuously to be sure to block everything.

2017-10-27 23:08:35

This is awesome! Already on aprentise 2.

2017-10-27 23:10:32

nice job and a true form to starwars

i can tell you the force is with you

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-10-27 23:27:41

There is a little balancer update which makes you and the enemy more even on the harder difficulty levels, and lowers down the volume of the sabers hums a bit to make it sound more realistic. smile The download link is in the first post.
P.S. Yes, I am working on an in-game updater!

2017-10-28 00:13:22

Hello!
The in-game updater is ready! You can grab the latest version from the link in the first post. From that moment on, when I release a new version, your game will automatically check for updates at launch. You can also perform it manually from the main menu if you so desire.
Version is now 1.1 and change log and readme have been updated.

2017-10-28 00:23:00

Hello,!
It seems I've found a bug: The defeat sound seems to be playing even when I win.. For example.. I defeated a sith apprentice without letting him hit m
even once.. The game still acted as if he had won the match.

2017-10-28 00:28:04

caio wrote:

Hello,!
It seems I've found a bug: The defeat sound seems to be playing even when I win.. For example.. I defeated a sith apprentice without letting him hit m
even once.. The game still acted as if he had won the match.

Did your speech synthesis say you won? If not, then it's really a bug which will need to be fixed. The sound with more drums is the victory one, the one where the enemy does  not laugh or say something like, "now, I am the master".

2017-10-28 00:31:46

The victory music of when you win does sound a bit as if you had been defeated, I know. I'll look for a better fitting one but for now I'll leave it as it is. smile

2017-10-28 00:53:42

yes i have had this happen to me also, the same dying sound and laughter followed by microsoft sam asking if i'd like to play again. Great game though otherwize, am loving it.

2017-10-28 00:56:44

Interesting. I will see about it and release an update when it's fixed.

2017-10-28 00:59:44

Do you plan to add the force? Like you can use the force to throw enemies like yoda did with palpatine's guards in revenge of the sith? Or how ducu and yoda used it to throw objects at each other or vader did in cloud city when fighting luke?

2017-10-28 01:07:23

Rory wrote:

Do you plan to add the force? Like you can use the force to throw enemies like yoda did with palpatine's guards in revenge of the sith? Or how ducu and yoda used it to throw objects at each other or vader did in cloud city when fighting luke?

That is possible. I cannot reproduce the bug you are facing. Can you download the latest version if you haven't done so already, the one with check for updates in the main menu, and tell where it's caused? What difficulty, what enemy, did you replay, if yes, how many times.