2017-10-25 05:52:30

Hi,
Great to see that you're hosting empire mud, I'll be stopping by! As someone who's also attempting to run a version of this codebase, I've got a question for you as I'm doing some experimenting with it. How did you mannage to determine which island your starting area was on, as the numbers don't seem to match up when doing island list, inorder to set the newbie flag in the correct place.
Thanks,

Daniel

2017-10-25 10:04:06

reguarding the path problem, place the mush client folder in your c drive, not in any folder, just go to your c drive and put it there. it may say access was denied, but it'll work anyway

For me, the new coding age begins!

2017-10-25 11:09:39

@ daniel, I chose arbitrarily. Type island list to see the correct island numbers.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-10-26 03:23:50

I'll try to get back on soon

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-26 12:35:16

Just started adding information about the game to my web site. Go check it out at http://bit.ly/2zQkqTe
If you have any suggestions feel free to leave them here.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2017-10-28 05:26:00

Hi guys.
I'm having a problem with musclient, i open it and it asks for a character name and i enter it, then i hear nothing and when i press enter it asks for a password and says illegal password, so it seems like I'm getting output after i try a command after the first, so i have to press enter after the password twice to hear confirm password. any way to fix this?

2017-10-28 10:29:48

I think it's because the mud doesn't add a new line to your prompt. It's a weird fix, ubt try toggling auto retyping on and off with control-enter to force a new line. The prompts will show When you do this.

2017-10-28 18:25:11

It's still doing it.

2017-11-08 11:44:35

Note to players: the server is currently  down, as the update to version b5.16 majorly broke some things with adventures. Some players had already discovered inconsistencies. Some objects and abilities also stopped working. You will not lose any work you have done. It will be up soon. Don't panic.

2017-11-08 13:35:46

Not too sure that I will play this one seeing that it does not seem my type. Anyway, I looked up where it was on get hub and saw that you can have a different size world from the default if you wish. So, my question is how big is the world? Is it bigger than other muds of this type, and how does the branches of this mud relate and are different from each other? Just wondering? On the other hand, the installation looks easy enough if you are used to Linux. I wonder what it would take to set a version up on my windows seven machine just so I can play around with it before enter that online mud itself. I just want to make sure I understand things before I enter a possible PVP world.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-11-08 17:54:27

@keyIsFull, the prompt issue is fixable... though it can be very difficult to do. I don't know how well this will work, but you can try the below solution. If your up to it, and you know a bit of C, do the following:

1. Open interpreter.c -- this is where connection states and main input is handled. Scroll down to line 1680, where it says             sprintf(buf, "Give me a password for %s: ", GET_PC_NAME(d->character));.

2. Before the first character in the string (in 'give'), add '\r\n' to that string. You may also wish to do this at the end, too.

3. Determine the exact text of any other prompts that do this in mushclient, perform a grep (i.e. grep "give me a password" -inr *) in the src directory for the file their located in, and do the same for them.

4. Recompile the game and hotreboot, copyover or reboot.

For changing the map size:

1. Open structs.h.

2. Go to line 93 and change those preprocessor definitions' values' to whatever you like. Be careful, though -- the higher they are, the larger your map will be in RAM!

3. Optionally, open util/map.c, go to line 113, and change those definitions there.

4. Recompile and regenerate your map.

HTH

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-09 01:46:49

THe mud is now back up, thanks to Khufu assisting us with the update process. So come on back and enjoy!

2017-11-09 02:14:42

@37: I find it ironic that Kufu acts like a jerk on his own game yet is willing to help you with your own copy of it. Now that's... weird. Just sayin'.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-10 08:52:18

maybe khufu is not a jerk, but people dont like his adminastor style

2017-11-13 04:01:40

This mud appears to be down for me. Is this something that's happening to others?

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-11-13 11:50:07

I was told that there were some  problems with the files but that he's working to resolve the issue.
It's been down for a few days now.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-13 21:26:58

Yeah, it's down right now, the server host needs to revert back to the before-crash state but has been very sick. He'll hopefully be bettersoon, I'll let you all know when it's back up. You won't lose your work.

2017-11-23 07:20:49

bump.

2018-01-25 00:10:03

So with the recent empire drama, is there any chance this will come back for another week or so?

2018-01-25 13:25:42

is this mud still active? when I try and log on I get this message....."access to worlds/empire/mcl has been denied"

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-01-25 14:24:55

I get a 10061 connection error

Paul

2018-01-25 15:16:23

It is not up currently. I am probably too busy to administrate at the moment.

2018-01-25 20:01:42

I have one running, but I don't know what the frig I"m doing with that OLC to make it uniquely my own lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-15 00:33:20

Has anything else been done with the sound pack?  I forget if their is one that is already configured?  I have one, but it needs Lua Audio to be added into it.

2019-03-15 08:30:41

I assume it's down, I'd like to give it a go as I never got far with playing without a sound pack, it might be a bit more fun this time.