2017-10-23 17:31:00

I think the white falcon's charge is more like a barrier.

I have now got to stage 7 myself, though I have to say I only did it by buying loads of supplements and basically powering through stage 5. I am still not exactly sure how to avoid those napalm birsts since there doesn't seem to be a pattern when they appear on the ground and if your in the wrong place, booom!

Still now it's stage 7, and yee gods it be craaaaazy!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-23 17:53:09

Hi,
Has anyone figured out how the bonus areas appear? It's quite cool when that happens, but I don't know how to trigger it. According to the manual each level has it's own conditions for triggering it, but it doesn't say how.

2017-10-23 18:56:11

the white falcon's charge seems at least to me to just be a super powerful straight attack, it's good for finishing bosses quickly if you have a level 3 tongue
stage 5 and the napalm... I'm not too sure to be honest, though I somehow managed to beat it with a lot of buffs and a lot of gem grinding
my hypothesis is it kinda fires off 3 bursts, one left, one mid screen and one right at staggered timing, and you kinda have to weave between them but I could be totally wrong

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-10-23 19:13:26

Well, I can not beat 1.4 so, but I like the game alot.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-10-23 20:52:54

Does this game have a story, since we're talking stages? Or is it just an awesome challenging arcade game?

2017-10-23 21:07:27

The napalm shots are staggered timing, but they don't follow a set pattern. Generally the trick is to stay close to another one, wait until the next one falls, fly towards that to avoid the first one, then fly away from the second one. Also stage 7 is absolutely ridiculous.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-10-23 21:52:53

Yeah for stage 5 I was just lucky enough to use the falcons max charge on the boss. Not sure which ship I like the best though, I'm really digging the bio creed just because of it's ranged attacks

2017-10-23 22:17:45

hi
well it seems that the installer isn't yet translated. I have tried to use instant translate to translate it but just faelier. Can someone tell me what to press to start the installation? I really want to try this game! big_smile

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-10-23 22:39:37

It's just an extractor... technically, al you have to do is press enter.

Orin, no story. Just arcade fun!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-23 22:55:59

any advice for stage 3? I keep crashing in to the walls. Is their away to avoid them? I'm redoing it to get more gems.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-10-23 22:56:08

could someone please translate the read me and post it here, I feel i am missing something.  How do I make the camera follow my ship?

2017-10-23 23:57:43 (edited by musicalman 2017-10-24 00:04:57)

Whoa, this game is cool! I hate stage 5-4 though. I've tried it at least 5 times now and end up getting killed so quickly. I wish there was a way to practice a level so I could get better at avoiding those bombs. Maybe you could do this with benefits and restrictions: choose your charge shot level going in, but no power-ups, no score afterward, no gems earned, etc. Strictly meant for practice purposes.

I also prefer the camera follows your ship perspective, but I will admit the field perspective is very advantageous for the drill boss, and the boss of 5-4. I also find the radar obtrusive so I've reduced it to only making sounds when in danger of getting hit. I think in the 5-4 boss, though, you need the radar on at full. Or at least I do.
My biggest problem is that when the camera follows your ship, the missiles often make the radar go off, but they're not in the center. I'm not sure if this is a prediction of the trajectory or what, but this does make it kinda difficult sometimes to predict where things should be. I've also had issues on occasion hitting things in the center, I often have to go off to a side. I assume this has to do with where the guns on the aircraft are? It's still kinda confusing to me.
If anyone can offer up any tips to get through really dense things, I'd be eager to hear. I feel like I"m making progress but am often not sure if I am actually doing things right or if I am just powering through. Since one hit is really costly to progress in a mission, I need to really be on my A game to get through a mission. I've thought of slowing the game way down, but not sure if that will actually help. Lol

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-10-24 02:25:34 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-10-24 02:26:20)

@Raygrote
yeah, what happens is the radar has 2 separate sets of tones. In both sets the lower pitched one is just like a general warning that there's something passing by, but it won't directly hit you. The higher tone is the one that means you're gonna get hit if you don't move, and there is indeed a hitting prediction for incoming angled projectiles.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-10-24 02:59:01 (edited by death 2017-10-24 02:59:40)

Is no one else getting that weird sound bug that causes me to have no sounds unless I set the options to default? Makes it impossible for me to switch sound settings at all. I have music, but that's about it. Also reads menu options, but yeah.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-10-24 05:39:21

dd wrote:

The radar has 2 separate sets of tones. In both sets the lower pitched one is just like a general warning that there's something passing by, but it won't directly hit you. The higher tone is the one that means you're gonna get hit if you don't move, and there is indeed a hitting prediction for incoming angled projectiles.

Really helpful information. I knew how the radar worked, but didn't know that there was angle prediction going on. It's a little confusing, but it is useful and seems to be really accurate.

Below are questions I have about stage 7, and a manual for those having trouble with the 5-4 boss. Question first.
ON stage 7, there are indeed a gazillion things on the screen, but I think? there may be a way to avoid it, or at least keep things from getting out of control. On 7-1, I was once in a state where there, say, only maybe 5 missiles on screen at once, and somehow I ended the level and began the bonus level, without much threat. I ended up dying shortly after, so when I tried again, I ended up with a gazillion missiles at the end of the level. I somehow managed to avoid being burned to oblivion by staying at one specific point on the screen. It was like I was invisible to the projectiles or something, the radar never went off telling me I was about to get hit, and I survived for at least a minute or two. Then I found out that there was a thing that the radar saw that said it was like 90 seconds until collision, but it wouldn't tell me about what the enemy was. I guess that hasn't been translated yet. Whatever that thing was didn't seem to be moving though, or at least maybe it was moving really slowly since I do recall one time having the level end without me destroying that thing, but when I did destroy it, the missiles seemed to be blowing up the missile launchers or something, which finally calmed things down and soon the level was over. I am pretty confused at this point, but something is telling me that there's a secret to keeping those missiles from getting out of control. I'll get some sleep and work on it later. Does anyone know what this is about?

Now my manual for 5-4:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

The trick to this stage is knowing the pattern of the rockets and knowing what you can and cannot do. To start, I recommend slowing the game down in the mission settings, that helped me a lot and is advantageous for a lot of things in the game for your first runthrough.

At least on easy difficulty (haven't tried other difficulties), the boss will ascend and descend a few times like the drill boss. When he wants to fire his rockets he'll warp to another place on the screen. I don't think it's the same place each time but I honestly haven't checked. In any case, he'll be paralyzed there while the rockets are on screen. The rockets he fires are at somewhat random positions but do stick to a pattern: right side, left side, right side, pause, then the same thing again. After that he'll start moving again and firing missiles at you before switching back to rockets. None of the rockets he fires will cross center, but do not depend on trying to slip between them. That hardly ever works because their ranges have overlap.

I prefer to be closer to the left side of the screen when the rockets are fired. That way you'll have a good chance of being clear of the right rocket. So stay on the left side as soon as the right rocket fires. The left one won't be long in coming, but despite that, stick to the left side until the right one goes boom. As soon as it does, hold right arrow to quickly get out of the way before the left rocket explodes. This is a time critical maneuver, so be quick! Head right until the left one booms. Now, the next rocket, which should be on the right, is dangerously close, so switch direction and head back to the left side of the board. This is just as time critical of a maneuver as the previous one. If you did it right, you avoided all three rockets! You'll have to repeat for the second set of three rockets. The boss is very vulnerable all the while, and I often find that the second set of rockets is more widely dispersed than the first, so you could very well pound away at him while the rockets are fired. Of course don't drop your guard though!

Whatever you do, don't mindlessly go in one direction or get too close to the sides. IF you're too far over to one side you run the risk of not being able to move fast enough to get out of the way.

2017-10-24 06:15:05

Nope, I've changed a bunch of settings including sounds a few times and still works fine

2017-10-24 07:11:51

How many stages are there in this game? Ten I guess?

2017-10-24 07:20:48

I can't wait to try this tomorrow and I will be doing a play through or at least a walk through tomorrow at about 5 pm pdt on my youtube  channel. For a notification  subscribe to youtube.com/marrie125 it will be up on patreon.com/tffppodcast tomorrow at some point as  well.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-10-24 07:23:15

BigGun wrote:

hi
well it seems that the installer isn't yet translated. I have tried to use instant translate to translate it but just faelier. Can someone tell me what to press to start the installation? I really want to try this game! big_smile

That's easy actually copy it into the c directory then just hit enter to begin the install.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-10-24 07:56:01

Orin wrote:

How many stages are there in this game?

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
By the looks of it, there are 7.

2017-10-24 09:15:34

When I looked at the ranking positions at 1 point, the person with the most score points was at stage 8.

2017-10-24 09:24:47

I'm somehow not surprised; these games tend to have more levels than it initially seems. Look at bk3.

2017-10-24 13:18:44

Hi sarah, I am waiting for your game play from this game.
It will be nice

2017-10-24 13:23:40

just installed it. I have tried it, and it's cool.
Also, I don't know is this intentional or just a mistake, life is spelled lites. Don't know should it be like that or what.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-10-24 14:42:33

Reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue. Weird.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.