2017-10-19 09:40:31 (edited by keyIsFull 2017-10-22 15:27:55)

Hi guys, if you did not already see on the Empire Mud topic I had posted already, I'm hosting a copy of the Empire Mud codebase. It's Empire mud, with all its great features, a brand new world to conquer, and, most importantly, fair leadership. Today I spied a new and disturbing patch note entry for the next version of the mud, which reads
• Immortals: Eedit adminflags: Immortals can now set administrative flags on empires including no-war and no-stealing, as needed. These flags are displayed on estats or empire <name> (shown to immortals only).
It should not be difficult to see what this means. Though Khufu did not disable declaring war on the main server, he, or other immortals can arbitrarily decide to disable declaring war or theft activities for an empire with one quick command. I promise that administrators on our server will never disable an empire's ability to war for any reason. I find this change to be far more sickening than simply disabling war altogether, as it is just another resource for admins to show favoritism to empires by disabling competition.
But enough complaints. I suggest that all of you will instead come to join the Rise of Empires server, where abuse of power in this way will never happen. The connection details are:
riseofempires.anomalousabode.com
port 4000
The link to the full mushClient distribution with the soundpack preconfigured is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flqvzwhx0fcwh … l.zip?dl=1
I hope to see all of you on the mud, and may the most powerful empires conquer the world!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-10-19 11:14:25

hi... wow that's mean you are still working with the soundpack right?
also, how about a patch or an update on your server? , you will code it yourself or something?
I may consider to join but, I am mostly a pieceful empire, specialize on trade , is that acceptteble on yours?

2017-10-19 12:13:58

Hello does this version have feature to rise armies, commmand armies, wage wars with other empires or not? when i ask on empire mud about warfare, they told me that are in progress...

2017-10-19 13:57:37

Hi, jason, of course it's fine if you just want to play and trade. You can set up peace treaties with strong empires near you so that they cannot attack you. I'm glad to see people are joining!

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2017-10-20 06:49:52

thanks guys for the server its really working nice. its time to rule the world!

2017-10-20 20:22:24

I can't play the game. I downloaded your soundpack and installed the official Mushclient. When I try to add the Empire plugin, I get a scripting error. What am I doing wrong?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-10-20 20:28:19

oo man, thanks for that, i dont like that empire mud admins so much, so, lol, im commming

2017-10-20 22:06:41

You need to also add luaAudio first before adding soundpack.

2017-10-21 18:14:41

this is awesome. I never played either empire or this one, but I like it already. just a quick question. is there anywhere to see all the commands for the game?

2017-10-21 18:26:37

I don't think so, but help file should help you alot

2017-10-21 19:24:17

yeah figured a lot of stuff out. now just exploring the desert area.

2017-10-21 20:35:59

Sooooo, not trying to sound stupid, but what do I have to do to get this set up and running with the SP?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-10-21 21:50:16 (edited by keyIsFull 2017-10-21 21:51:38)

If you want to play empireMud with the soundpack you have two options. If you have mush-z and are comfortable with manipulating folders, download the soundpack only, and set up your world file like it says in the readme (though you will want to  use the correct mud address, as instructed in post 1, and not empiremud.net as it says. The readme is out of date in that regard). Or you can download a full mushClient distribution with everything preconfigured, like how mush-Z is.
The link to the full mushClient distribution is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flqvzwhx0fcwh … l.zip?dl=1

2017-10-21 22:53:44

if you type commands it will show you all commands. also try to do tutorial quests that will teach you a lot.

2017-10-21 23:21:58

yeah gonna do that. was watching UFC but now getting back to the game. also thinking about making a Skype group for the game, unless there already is one.

2017-10-22 03:17:58

Access to C:\MUSHclient\worlds\empire.MCL was denied.
Whaaaat?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-10-22 03:37:47 (edited by keyIsFull 2017-10-22 03:40:10)

You can ignore that message and just play the game. I'm not sure why it shows up, it's something with the soundpack plugin, but there's no reference to that path in the plugin.
Also i saw you trying to make a new account on the game. The mud annoying doens't send new lines after prompts and mushclient doesn't display them until you make your own new line, which you can do by toggling auto retyping  on and off with control-enter.

2017-10-22 11:45:19

You might want to update post 1 with post 13.

2017-10-23 11:50:07

is there a soundpack for v i p mud, or am i out of luck

For me, the new coding age begins!

2017-10-23 14:06:27

you're  out of lcuk

2017-10-23 16:11:58

i already have mush installed, but i'll go grab it, hopefully it'll change the soundpack configuration from alter eon to empire mud

For me, the new coding age begins!

2017-10-24 02:16:54

Is there any way to turn this off? I keep getting stuff like the following:
+------------------------------------------------------------+
|/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\{LL}^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^{FF}~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^|
|/[]\/\/\/()\/\/\^^^^^.^.^^^^^^^^^.^.^^^^~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
And so on.

2017-10-24 02:28:47

hi I get this  error C:\MUSHclient\worlds\empire.MCL contains an invalid Path how do I fix this?
thanks heidi

2017-10-24 03:45:49

@nocturnus, when do you see that message, whenever you move around? Did you turn on screen reader mode? If you did not,  login to your character and toggle screen to turn it on. that's probably the map.

2017-10-25 03:36:28

hi I downloaded the mush file with the sound pack for this mud and I get this message C:\MUSHclient\worlds\empire.MCL contains an invalid Path how do I fix this?