2017-10-18 16:02:56

After a far longer delay than expected, it has finally happened, good old Mr. Database has finally got his updates, you wouldn't believe how much he wines and winjes when he doesn't get them, honestly nobody would think the little tike  was nearly thirteen the way he carries on, oh well maybe it's teenaged anxt, I did notice he was complaining about too many spots and wondering why that nice new miss Blind gamers' list wasn't giving him enough attention the other day.

anyway, here arethe results of his latest growth spirt.

Updates by dark:

Crazy party:Updated download link to latest version.

Crafting kingdom: Changed genre to donation, added notes on new option for bying instant boosts.

Added link to Blackscreen gaming's new website section about Swamp.

Superliam: miner cleanup.
cosmic rage: updates about the mutariansi race and some new activities.

MarinaBreak: Entry and description.
Changed homepage for Screaming strike, World of war and Laser breakout to point to nyanchan games English page rather than their Japanese one.

BG Word candy: Entry and description.
Horseshoes: Entry and description.

Added download link for The Blind eye from The audiogames archive.

Changed license of all Gamesfortheblind (sv) titles to unknown and added note  that the games are no longer available.

Audio game hub: added details of new games and updated entry regarding the mobile version, changed license to Variable as it has various purchase options.

Updated download link to The savage gammet.

Updated links to all x site interactive games from the audiogames archive, miner cleanup to entry for Acefire.

Scrolling battles: updated download link, expanded description, , added link to audiogames archive.

Crazy party: updated download link again!
Tacticle battle: major entry rewrite and expantion plus link to the mailing list.

Echo Quadrant: Entry and description.
Fruitpot: Entry, description and links.

Updated site faq  details of the new registration system and details of the audiogames archive site.

Brought back Forum signatures.

Updates by Aaron:

Updated Choiceofgames entry with details of the steam platform and framework for when we have a steam guide.

Updates by Sander:

Added new registration system whereby new member accounts will be on restricted status until they make an introductory post in the registration forum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-18 16:11:33

Yay! MarinaBreak is finally on the DB! Thanks!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-10-18 16:20:45

Actually, MarinaBreak has been on the db since July, it's just that with moving house etc  not had time to do enough updates to make it worth writing a news item about things.
I also want to write up a separate page for the English version of Bokurano Daiboukenn 3 with links to the translation, but I thought it'd be best to get the news out asap.

I also have to apologise retrospectively to Freeman69, since I said I'd get the entry for Echo Quadrant done months ago and didn't.

As usual the db is very much a work in progress and there is still looooooooads to add, though hopefully now I can be a little more regular about doing stuff.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-18 17:50:05

hi, why has the system about restricting accounts been added?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-10-18 18:52:20

Because we were getting half a tonne of spambots registering but now the spam is cut to nothing.
The only current problem with the system is that only myself, Sander or Richard can remove the restriction from new accounts, which has meant some people have had more of a wait than I would have liked.

2017-10-18 19:13:30

With spam bots being as persistent as they are, plus their ability to bypass captchas, I'm in favor of a registration system that has a human to intercept and send them packing. Sure it means more work for the site admins, but vetting new members is probably less work than cleaning up the messes spam bots tend to leave in their tracks.

2017-10-23 11:36:41

hi has crazy party been updated i've beta51. any updates to pragma's awesome crazy party game?

2017-10-23 12:09:25

51 is the latest version of crazy party , however since I have been moving house and it's been a while since I posted my update log it also listed the update of the download link in the db from 48 to 49, as well as the more recent one to 51.

either way, 51 is the current latest version and the db page has the link to download it.