2017-10-09 05:00:55 (edited by jeremydhartley1975 2017-10-22 21:56:50)

I have just uploaded part 1 of the UFC 2 guide. All parts will be links to mp3 files on dropbox, with the ability to save or open the files. I had considered making just a text guide, but I realized that I wanted to demo some of the NVDA OCR features, for those users who wish to tackle this game using OCR. It certainly isn't perfect, but can be done on most screens, as you will hear.

A quick note about part 1. This part covers the home screen, along with a high level description of the order of menus, and each menu option on the home screen. I skipped over a few menu options like customize and play live events. For some reason, OCR is just not working on the play live events screen. So, I describe the order of the menus going from left to right (skipping over Customize which appears one down from continue), and then going down for the final few menu options. We may revisit customize and play live events later.

Part 1 concludes with an OCR example.
I recorded this so that you will be able to hear the Xbox sounds, NVDA, as well as my microphone. Unfortunately, I discovered that my mixer that I usually use to mix all the sounds has quit, so I had to get creative. As a result, you will hear a bit of an echo on my voice, because the processing on my microphone kicked in. Not much I could do about that, because if I turned all processing off, then NVDA would sound aweful! Grin
I may rerecord all these when my new mixer arrives, but this will hopefully tide you over. Grin
Link to part 1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkvnbpfv5h7j1 … 1.mp3?dl=1

Next, in part 2, we'll actually go into career mode, create our fighter, and have a first fight!

Jeremy

2017-10-09 05:49:31

Wow, this is incredible! Please keep this going, I can't wait to listen to these recordings!
Thanks so much for this!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-10-09 06:00:43

Mraaaaaawwwww!!!
*takes money originally intended for madden NFL*
*Uses it for UFC "*
Wow, this is awesome dude, I will listen to it as soon as possible!!!
BTW, two questions.
1. can I add you on xbox live?
2. Did I get that right, you have to hook your xbox up to the PC via a wireless connection?
Because if so, I guess I have to miss out on the NVDA feature because our internet connection can't even manage big download speeds.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-09 11:05:42

I have EA access, and I'm pretty sure this is free. How have you faired once you get to the ground. I have to imagine all the ground game stuff has got to be tricky. On the original game, I would just superman punch a few times and end fights with in 15 seconds or so.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-10-09 14:30:01

You are right, the ground game can be tricky. However, I discovered two things which has helped me greatly. First, although it is very tempting to move the right stick around a lot once you are taken to the ground, the thing is, that if you do that, you will blow your stamina fast! What I discovered is that the controller will do different vibrations, depending on what is happening. For example, if I flick the right stick to the left and get no vibrations, then I assume that my transition was denied, so I try going to the right. If I feel the controller vibrate, then I hold the right stick in that position. If my transition was successful, then the controller does one long vibration. Then, I will wait a few seconds before attempting to posture up. What I have not been able to do is block transitions. I will be getting into more of this with the guide. Unfortunately, the county I live in is right now experiencing lots of wild fires, and we may need to evacuate at some point today. I am holding off on doing any more on the guide until I know I don't have to leave. These fires are crazy here in Napa County in California.

2017-10-09 20:30:02

Hi.
I due have a question.
I am not very familiar with the xbox app on windows, could someone tell me where I set up streaming a game for the xbox to the PC and what I have to do on windows and on the xbox?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-10 04:22:59

Hi.
Hmm, don't ask me how I did it, but I am apparently in the main menu of UFC, don't know how I did that one xD
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-10 05:14:09

hi. Just like in my earlier post, we did end up having to leave our house because of the wildfires. We should be able to get back tomorrow, and if we can, then I may post something about how to use the Xbox app with the screen reader.
Jeremy
hopefully tomorrow, I can begin posting more of the guide as well.

2017-10-10 18:19:05

Hi.
Ok, don't worry about the xbox app, I found out how to use it, was pritty easy in fact after I solved some local network problems, the streaming went just fine.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-11 00:05:12

I just noticed this, and am now following. I can't really understand audio files well due to hearing loss, but let me know if any of you have any feedback on UFC, or are willing to describe how you are able to play.

2017-10-11 15:14:02

Hi Karen,
I will most certainly compose a text document at some point explaining what the audio files mention. Over the last few weeks, I have been in touch with one of the devs on the UFC title, (found him on twitter and took a chance), an we have been discussing possible modifications to UFC 3. Lots of great stuff. Grin

My wife and I are back in our home in Napa, at least for now, safe from all the crazy wildfires that spread over the weekend. My hope is to continue the guide sometime tonight, unless the winds shift and the fire blows back this way. Fingers crossed. smile
And of course, need to check out all the cool stuff in Madden! smile

2017-10-11 19:22:34

@jeremydhartley1975 that's great. Can you give me his twitter? Mine's http://www.twitter.com/ea_accessible . Thanks, - Karen Stevens

2017-10-12 05:13:30

Hi Karen,

I sent you a PM with the dev's name. He has been really really cool and responsive, and I don't know if he would want his name out there in a public forum. Better to be careful. smile
Part two of the guide which will focus on creating a fighter in career mode and having our first prelim fight should be up sometime tomorrow. Things are sort of getting back to normal after the fire scare, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we don't have to evacuate. Of course, stuff can change over night, but that's the plan. Thanks for all your patience, everyone!

2017-10-12 05:53:16

I found him shortly after I found you on twitter. We're already talking :-)  Best wishes on your fire scare, this summer has been horrible for natural disasters. - Karen Stevens

2017-10-12 22:10:11

@jeremydhartley1975 I hope you are safe. In regards to your message, I obtained a version of the UFC2 guide, but I won't get to transcribing it until sometime next week. In the mean time, have you seen this page? It has a lot of the same information and is already in text form. I'm posting this here in case others wish to use it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/ufc/ufc- … rts-ufc-2/

2017-10-13 00:23:10

Hi. Wow, this is awesome.What I noticed  about that page, it does go into some detail with the basics of the controls, but it does not indicate for example, how to throw uppercuts and hooks, as well as some other things like knees and elbows and the like. It does mention that left stick left or right plus a face button will modify the strike, but it does not talk about what that strike actually is. I know from experimenting and listening to commentating while I fight that left stick left +x or y will throw an uppercut, and left stick right plus x or y throws a hook. This is all depending on the stance of the fighter, and the above commands can also be reversed. Of course, the above paragraph refers to xbox commands.

I do know from attempting to OCR one of the controller maps also on EA's site, that a lot more commands are mentioned in the jpeg images on the site. Thanks again, and take your time with the transcribing. This is all awesome and greatly greatly appreciated! smile It is so cool watching all this come together.

Jeremy

2017-10-14 00:21:17

Hello.
I have only one doubt.
How are you playing the game on the pc? so I know, the only game has for ps4 and xbox one.
I have an xbox one, but it's unmounted at the moment.
could anyone help me to have access to the game on pc?
and your guide was very nice. Congratulations on work.

2017-10-14 01:29:35

Hi.

I am actually not playing the game on the PC. I am using the Xbox App for Windows 10, which is connected to my Xbox 1. That's why it appears that I am using the PC, because of the Xbox app. Keep in mind, my method I am using only works with latest version of NVDA, Windows 10 and the Xbox app along with the xbox 1.

2017-10-14 04:36:05

Ok, at long last, here is part two of the demo/guide.

This part is longer than part one. We begin Career mode. We create our fighter and have our first fight.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80000fbvs3irx … 2.mp3?dl=1

Part 3 will cover training the fighter and more fights, ultimately going to the finals of the ultimate fighter so that you can hear the commentary. Commentary is not included in the first four ultimate Fighter tournament fights. This makes fighting more difficult, but certainly not impossible, if you practice and take some tips that I include in this guide.

Part 3 to come sometime this weekend, if all goes well.

Jeremy

2017-10-14 15:15:39

Hi.
Wow, thanks for the demo part, I already listened to it and will get on character creation very soon.
One hint for you which I found out, when you are streaming to the PC with the xbox app and there is a text input dialogue coming up, you can also type in the text via the pc keyboard, tab over to the ok button and hit enter on that, will work quicker for inputs like messages and other things you might need.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-14 17:44:07

Hi.
Oh my, what did I get into here now.
So, character creation went fine, everything according to plan.
But well, the elimination fight, darn, I had to restart the darn thing multiple times because either the clinch wasn't working, he hit me with powerfull attacks which I got knocked out from, ah, don't ask me, 10.th time it worked, I hope that doesnt count into your statistics.
Kind of emberressing, given the fact that this was just an elimination round xD.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-14 18:29:46

Ahhh! I wondered who would be the first one to say that. smile To be honest, It took me lots and lots of times at first as well. I had to figure out the clinch and all that. I shouldn't say this, but well, it took me something like 2.5 months to win my first fight! smile That's why I am putting this guide together, to hopefully lessen your frustrations. That being said, it does take practice and lots of restarts at first. Good job!

Jeremy

2017-10-14 18:35:22

Another quick thing, Simba wondered if all those restarts would count against statistics. The answer is no. While you are in the Ultimate fighter tournament, you aren't technically in the UFC, so you don't have an official record yet. Your first UFC fight that counts is the finals of the ultimate fighter tournament. After that, any wins and losses count for good. smile

Jeremy

2017-10-15 05:10:06

Haha now I am glad that I am not the only one who had problems the first time around.
I had problems with posting up at first as well because I didnt know when I should release the right stick, found it out somehow.
Now, for the training camp before I can start my next fight, have to train definatelly.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-15 06:23:12

The training camp will be covered in the next part, sometime tomorrow, most likely. I will give some tips now though. First, even though it is tempting to train on the medium to hard difficulty levels, don't do it yet. smile So much of this game is based on stamina, and your newly created character does not have the stamina to train at the higher levels. For stand up training, stay away from "quick strike" training. The reason for this is that each strike combo is listed on the screen for a second or two and then goes away. Sadly, I was never able to read that with OCR.

For training things like heavy bag hands or feet, there is something that is not so good for us blind players. The bag will light up in the area where you have to punch. By the way, to throw body blows, use the left trigger along with the x and y buttons. Here is the trick to training heavy bag hand or feet. The trick is not to throw so many punches you get tired. Throw like three or four punches then wait a second or two, and then throw some more. The reason for this is to keep your stamina up. Also, if you throw a punch and it is in the wrong area (throwing a head punch when a body blow is required), the trainer will say things like "what's he giving you, where's the target?" Throwing less punches will let you get back on target quicker.

In the next part as well, I am going to discuss blocking and more defence. In short, you will block high with right bumper, and block low with right trigger. My advice, stick to blocking high! Protect that face. At this point, there isn't a real good way to tell when body shots are coming. This will most likely change in UFC 3, however.

Jerey