2017-09-27 22:37:46

No fight money for this game, and those reviews aren't entirely unjustified. It's definitely not as good as I would've liked, but it's a fun enough romp and gameplay is decent. The fact that there are only 6 new characters and the rest are all from MVC 3 bothers me.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-28 15:16:01

Hi Assault,
I think you and me both have a similar opinion here, although the roster hasn't really effected me that much. I'm kind of thinking that they might have done the mvc 3 style roster because it may have been easier to create the new mechanics because they have characters to go by already.

2017-09-28 19:07:03

From MVC 1 to MVC 2, or even 2 to 3, they had almost entirely new rosters of characters while giving the system a near complete overhaul... they could've done this, too. The roster bothers me as someone who's always loved the vs. series of games and has played all of them since X-men Vs. Street Fighter. And rosters are what can make or break a game... half of these characters aren't even household names, but were included due to internal politics. New mechanics are definitely not an excuse for recycling assets, especially since they aren't even handled by the same teams.

2017-09-28 19:10:15

That's an interesting point, particularly as each games is a couple of years apart and as for mvc3 and this game, it's an even bigger gap, and they still chose the mvc3 roster. I think there were many other different choices they could have used, what with a bunch of new games coing out between mvc3 and infinite.

2017-09-28 19:27:30

Well, there you are then... and it's not just the games that came out between the two. Tehre are tons, and I mean tons, of characters that could've been pulled from other games. Street Fighter Alpha series, a few more Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, Project Series, Megaman, etc, etc.

2017-09-28 22:43:28

I personally would love it if Asura from Asura's Wrath gets featured.

2017-09-29 15:57:46

for me personally, the problems i have with this game are:
1). lack of japanese voices for capcom characters.
2). no intro.
3). X voice.
4). why the hell the options are so scatered?
i mean, to change arcade settings, like difficulty, you must press r1 while at the character select screen. they could'be put a battle settings menu in the options and done. and arcade settings are not saved.
5). sigma, as dlc? really? we have ultron selectable, but not sigma, the other half of the antagonist?
6). arcade mode is too short.
and like clement said....
7). no "marvel! vs! capcom! infinite!" scream at the "press start screen".

yesterday i had some time to play, and i started marvel superheroes vs Street fighter. damn, that intro was so great!. i remember back in 1997 or 98, i was at an arcade with friends, and that intro grabbed my atention immediately!. don't want to think of the ammount of money i've spent on mshvssf.

this game will get better and better, eventually but.... with a loooot of dlcs i'm sure of it.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-09-29 18:28:59

DLC doesn't change how good or not good the game is. lol More characters won't really make much of a change unfortunately. The game is ok... but I am far from being in love with it.

2017-10-03 03:16:40

I've just given the game a try and was as unimpressed with this game as I was with the last. The 2v2 combat helps very marginally, but I find myself still greatly confused, I'm unable to figure out what they mean when they yell out "Mind Stone" or "Power Stone," and the menu structure is daunting to say the least. I cannot readily pull off specials, I can't do supers... I'm very put out.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-03 09:22:09

How much do you know about the game?  It doesn't seem, to me at least, like you've been following the game very much.  If you have though, you'd know that the stone callouts refer to the infinity stones (mind, space, reality, time, power and soul, not in that order in terms of selection on the character screen).

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you know about fighting games in general?  It seems to me, given your frustrations with Killer Instinct as well that you might be less aware of how they work.  That's fine though, there are likely individuals on here who know them well enough to help you understand the basics.

there are movelists, mentioned in one of my previous posts on this very topic, which should get you started.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-03 12:21:14

I'm very familiar with comics lore, and given the title, infinite, I figured it had something to do with the infinity stones.
  As for your second question, I love and have been playing fighting games since 2013. But I am used to the Mortal Kombat style of game where I can clearly tell what's going on. I know about move lists and such, but my frustrations don't lie there, they lie in not being able to tell what's going on readily and easily. And, also, I would like to point out that while I am good at fighting games, passable is a more appropriate word, I remain on the more casual end of the spectrum, with a skill level that ranks slightly, if not moderately, above average. For example, I can't easily pull off massive combos in Injustice or Mortal Kombat, but with experimentation and a good memory, I can memorize one or two moderately damaging sets of moves for each character.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-05 19:32:26

So a question for anyone who may know... do you have to reach a certain point in story mode to use infinity stones in matches? It seems like whenever I pick a character then cycle left and right, choosing x always lands me on the reality stones. Am I missing something here?

2017-10-05 20:13:30

@62
You have two screens per character - character and colour.  After going through character 1, colour 1 and character 2 and colour 2, the screen after that is infinity stones.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-05 20:16:44

Ah... that would make sense. I thought it was the other way around, since in that last screen you seem to be able to move up and down as well as left and right.

2017-10-05 21:51:53

I have now completed the story mode in the game. It's quite a cheasey affair but I consider it a fun romp, and I was actually a little surprised with how it ended and it does make me wonder if more is coming. Also, I feel very happy to say that I helped Sightless complete the final battle as well yesterday. Interestingly, I beat the final battle during my first session with it (I must stress, first session, not first time, it took me several continues to beat it).

2017-10-09 19:17:13

For any xbox users, is anyone else having this issue? If I attempt to record a game clip during story mode it just doesn't work. I don't have this problem anywhere else.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-10-09 20:13:25

A lot of games now block story content from being recorded or streamed, so you have to go through youtube or similar, and use a third party device.

2017-10-09 23:50:26

Hi,
I forgot the date, but I think we are getting three characters this month. However, if you don't have the pass they are, well, kind of expensive to be honest, I'm now glad I got the pass as well. Without the pass, you will have to pay $7 per character (yikes!). I'm guessing they really were targeting the season pass holders here as the quickest way to get them. The three characters will be sigma, monster hunter and black panther.

2017-10-10 10:27:50 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2017-10-10 10:28:33)

The date, for those wondering, is October 17th.  Also, yes, I did beat the story mode and I'm so glad I managed it.  I must admit, thoughit's cheesey, I'm glad the ending pans out the way it does (not spoiling anything).

Once you understand certain aspects of theh game, like time stone allowing for chaning rapid fire hp hk hp hk hp hk combos with Ryu etc, then you can go even further - I beat the game's arcade mode with Strange and Gamora and I feel like I'm getting better at it now.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-11-23 16:56:28

Is anyone working on a mission mode guide of sorts? Would love to try and go for those achievements.

2017-11-25 14:36:59

I’m trying to like this game, I really am .  I just find it so unpolished and lacking life compare to something like injustice.  I will keep going though, I’m determined to find something to justify the money I spend on it . smile

2017-11-25 14:38:39

Also,  my God the amount and duration of loading screens are terrible .  It’s like playing a late era PS2 game