2017-09-21 02:28:42

jessiepp wrote:

what i want to know is how do i invite a friend on the xbox to a casual match or do i have to create a lobby eery time i want to play with a friend.

I believe according to the aira agent (see the menu guide I have that just got updated) you must create a lobby. Also you have to remember where you last had some of the choices as I think they stick. It is a bit confusing.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-09-21 04:16:36

I have found that using the OCR feature in NVDA 2017.3 and windows 10 works extremely well for accessing the menus. I was able to read all the menus I've tried as well as the tutorial mission instructions.
For anyone who wants some basic knowledge about MVCI, I wrote up a little intro to the mechanics.
It is 2V2 rather than the 3V3 previously. The control scheme is now a four-button layout with light and heavy punches, and the same for kicks. You also have a tag button, and an infinity stone button, which I will discuss in a moment. The combo series in this one is LP,LK,HP,Hk,D+LP to launch, followed by the same sequence or whatever in the air.
The infinity stones are the new mechanic of this game. Functioning somewhat similar to the V-system in SFV, you can have one of 6 gems to use for your team on each fight. Each stone has a surge, which is a move that can be used whenever, and an infinity storm, which is a comeback factor that can be activated when you fill your gem meter at least half way. For example, the power stone sends a short range attack which wall-bounces on hit for its surge, and its storm grants the character increased damage and wall and ground bounce opportunities. The soul stone has an attack that damages the enemy and heals the user for its surge. The storm brings in both characters at once, reviving the second character with 25% health if necessary, and lets you attack with both simultaneously for a short time.
The tagging system is also quite different in this one. Rather than having an assist and a longer tag, tagging is much more freestyle and there are no assists. For example, Ryu could land a few hits, fire off a super, and tag in his backup character on the first hit of the super to continue the combo. Ryu will tag out as soon as the super finishes. Tagging can also be done as a defensive mechanic.

2017-09-21 04:58:31

Wow, thanks for that. How did you get the computer version of marvel. I tried to find it in the microsoft store, but I guess I need to go to the xbox store for this in my windows 10 xbox app?

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-09-21 05:10:17

No, it's on Steam. It's at http://store.steampowered.com/app/49384 … _Infinite/

2017-09-21 06:00:39

Oh, that sucks. I have steam, don't use it. I was hoping it would be on the microsoft app store so I would not have to buy it again and my achievements would  sync over. Thansk though.

2017-09-21 11:41:57

For those who might want them, here's the marvel move list and here's the Capcom move list, neither of these are mine and I'm not sure how frequently they'll receive updates.  The formatting's actually ok if you learn to read around the notation (for those unfamiliar with fighting games).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-09-21 11:44:54

@28/30
I know it sucks, but such is the modern distribution market for games.  Unlike Killer Instinct, a title developed and published as a first party Xbox game, it can be both in the Windows Store and on Xbox One platforms as part of the Play Anywhere program.  However, given that the release is happening through Steam for Infinite, the same can't happen with this one.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-09-21 18:09:22

Hi.
Two things.
First, I guess I'll skip that game and wait for the ultimate hyper ultra what ever edition of the game to come out.
The roster doesnt catch me, there is just almost nothing new there. A single player campaign, yeah, good to hear, but with capcom, I am still a bit unsure about their stories.
Maybe I'll take a look at the game when it is on sale, but we have to see.
At sightless, well, it is rumored that ki will be released on steam later this year or at the beginning of the next one, so, it might be happening that MVCI gets a spot in the microsoft windows store.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-09-21 19:27:40

Nice nice. Yeha I hope the menu guide I posted helps a bit. I'll take a look at the moves list later, right now though I'm kind of at work, so I can't. Hehahahahahaha. I won't have time to even work on  more of the menues today however I really hope what I did helps a bit.. The menu structure is frustrating but with aira's help, hopefully we can finish putting somethingn together. Blessings and happy Thursday

2017-09-21 20:32:19

The launcher is actually c.hp, not c.lp. I advise people to turn auto super jump off also. If you execute a c.hp normally it will jump as soon as the launcher recovery is over which can screw up timing. If you execute a launcher with auto super jump off, pressing jump when you want to will super jump anyway so it doesn't make things that more difficult.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-09-22 00:40:09

I'm tidying up some rough notes and could provide them here if other players would wish to.  I'm also, with sighted assistance, getting missions put together, I already have the first two with Dante and other than one error which should be fixed later down the line with the whole set, they work flawlessly.

The announcer even says "clear" when you've completed all inputs, but there's no set cue for one input or stages of an input as there is in SFV.

Online is doable, I believe it keeps your settings between game loads as well so set it up a certain way once, only occasionally tweak where needed.  Unfortunately it lagged like nobody's business when I tried earlier, but I think the servers might've just been having a bad day maybe.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-09-22 14:56:53

Hi,
I got past the Nemesis battle somehow, so I'll put some info about that in spoilers below. But first, my initial impressions.
Having tried online with Sightless last night, it laged, so we tested Killer Instinct and that also didn't work, so we are going to try to get things going again at some point soon.
So, from there, I entered training mode and messed around a bit, and then entered story mode. I am actually quite liking the story for what it is. Yes, it's cheasey but it's enjoyable, it gets better and seemingly harder than the demo version that was released a while back.
The funniest thing was when I got to the Nemesis section, so I am going to put this into spoilers.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
I was with Sightless in party chat, and was warned about this battle and about modok. Unfortunately I couldn't talk much because by this point some of my family were in bed, yet Sightless actually stayed for a bit all the same.
I don't really konw how Hager works, but I figured out that with Chris if you do quarter circle back plus mash light punch you can do a multi-hit move, and managed to trap Nemesis in the corner until I got him into danger. I then lost Kris and then due to me not knowing how Hager works, I was done for.
However, the next match I tried some tagging and managed to whale on the zombie things, and managed to get Nemesis down to Danger again. Somehow managing to hold my own for a while, I did lose Kris again. With Hager, I managed to sort of get some supers in, and then started to jump around a bit. I really, really thoguht I was done for and in desperation I kept on jumping, landed, and it got to the point where I don't quite know who made the alst move, until I really did hear that last roar. All I could manage, were the words, "he's done". I think I made Sightless quite shocked, and today we got to discuss it a bit more. Basically, it really felt like a lucky break on my part and was like a final desperation attempt, but I'm glad that one's done now and look forward to continuing the story mode soon.

2017-09-24 00:21:27

so at the guys who have this already, how are you finding things?
I'm gonna get it for xbox when I do.  smile

2017-09-24 10:49:04

@38
Glad to hear other opinions/stipulations on very specific and what you might call niche aspects haven't put you off of getting the game yourself.  It's actually not too bad, Arcade mode is beatable, if rather tough in terms of the final boss fight.

I've not completed story yet, but that's partly because I've been busy with other elements, including testing online etc.  The online code might be slightly weird, but we're not sure why but if I play with a person from a different region, it's fine.  If I've played with someone from the same region, it is laggy as anything, but I'd be happy to test it out with you to verify this if you're up for it.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-09-24 18:36:45

that sounds like a plan. smile
don't get me wrong, the roster is incredibly underwhelming, but I like the fact that it seems a lot more accessible than UMVC3.  hopefully tutorials become available soon.  smile

2017-09-24 18:57:56 (edited by assault_freak 2017-09-24 19:01:08)

Not sure about it being more than accessibility than UMVC 3... what gives that impression? Just curious.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-25 19:58:36

well, i finished story mode.
nothing special unlocked.

about the final boss of arcade mode.....
it's really easy once you figure one thing out.
the amount of life ultron omega has is intimidating, but, you can cause serious damage to him if you do the following.
at the start of the match, he generally attacks with something.
keep attacking him, but don't use your hyper combos yet!.
after some time, he will send a robot, or drone, or whatever... kill it without using your hypers if posible.
the clue to know ultron omega will send a robot is this: you will not hit him when you attack.
then, at some point, you will start hiting him, and he will not move. that's your chance, just go all out, use whatever things you have to hit him. use hyper combo with one character, ctag at the start of the hyper, do a combo with your second character followed by another hyper.
if you have some spare meter left, just use it. if you have the power Stone, use your power storm to boost damage. you will break his guard and after that you will do more damage.
after that, whenever you can, just give him everything you got and he'll be down in no time.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-09-26 20:16:58

Still on the fence on whether to get this or not... lol

2017-09-26 20:51:55

Well,  i'm closer to buying now, mainly because Maximilian did a review earlier this morning   Which was very honest.  I'm hearing the gameplay is fantastic though, which is a very good sign.
On a slightly unrelated note, in terms of other superheroes, I finally  bought  black manta last night, and I'm looking forward to playing around with him as well .

2017-09-26 21:00:57

yeah... I saw that review, and it hasn't really changed my mind all that much. lol I've read most reviews coming out for the game and the concensus seems to be decent gameplay, but no x-men or classic capcom characters and no Japanese voices are a huge turnoff for many.

2017-09-26 22:03:59

Well, I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it. I do have some extra credit and I suppose I should take a risk every now and then... though I'm hugely skeptical about this offering from Capcom.

2017-09-26 22:19:53

You and me both, this is  made even worse   because I already have Marvel three, which  even though it is bare bones, had a lot of care put into it, as well as having   most of the characters this one is lacking.  I'm interested to see how we both find this one  .

2017-09-26 22:51:49 (edited by assault_freak 2017-09-27 00:30:50)

Well, I did buy it. Now just waiting on it to download... has anyone any information about first time setup? That's the one thing the menu guide didn't cover.. well, one of the few things. lol

Update: Nothing to do on the initial run except to press x until the main menu, I guess. First big disappointment... no intro movie and no classic scream of the title!

2017-09-27 20:55:55

Hi,
Agreed this game kind of just shoots you into the main menu. By the way me and sightless tested the game again today, and, finally, it worked. But now, we really want to know how to create a private lobby because lots of players seemed to join us, and we came across one who made sightless angry more than me, to the point where even though I was doing well blocking a lot of the guy's attacks, got absolutely creamed in the end and their tactics made Sightless quite angry. I think this was because this guy was spider-man and jedder and my word, his spider-man was absolutely brutal, crossing us up. I was able to block some things a few times but when it was Sightless's turn, oh my gosh. I couldn't help the poor guy no matter how hard I tried, never seen my main gaming partner get so unluckily creamed before like that, and boy, he was, what we call in the fighting game community, salty, and I had to try to calm him down but the result was I got salty as well to the point where my Dad noticed! So because of this, I really want to know how to create private lobbies, or find other friends who can play with me and sightless, because while I don't mind joining in with other players, if Sightless wants to learn with me more, then I'd rather do that for a while because I think that might make him more comfortable. Me, I don't really mind what happens because I feel like I may either be able to learn stuff or theories about different tactics, but there really are times when I just want to play with friends and learn from each other.

2017-09-27 22:29:29

Couple questions here. Is the dlc able to be gotten like SF V, or am I forced to spend another 30 dollars on the character pack thing? Secondly heard some terrible terrible reviews, thoughts?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.