2017-09-19 09:06:38

Given that the game's only been out for a matter of hours, I thought it'd be good to have a place to discuss it.  Having been playing the game a little myself, I personally think it's far better than UMVC3 in terms of the amount you can do to prevent annoying zoning,  large issue with the previous game when you had very little in the way of complete turoaisl/guides with useful information to guide you.

At least this game has a tutorial and if I get a transcription of that, I'll post ithere.

I've also got some rough menu notes, but they're not exactly complete yet, so I'll do what I can to tidy those up before I post them here.

What are your thoughts on the game?  Will you be picking it up?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-09-19 10:10:24

brilliant!  I found loads of stuff on the shoryuken wiki for umvc3, however sadly no mission guides.
the main problem I had with that game was the complete lack of content  I did enjoy it though.
As for infinite, I will be getting it, however not just yet.  the roster just doesn't grab me like I hoped it would.

2017-09-19 16:23:40

I'll be purchasing infinite once the price drops a little bit. I'm a (self proclaimed) god of UMVC3, and love MVC games in general. The roster's a bit light for my taste, but I'm fairly sure mechanic-wise the game seems pretty sound and should be loads of fun. I just can't afford the $60 right now.

Frankly, the thing that annoys me the most about infinite is the marketing surrounding it. They're alienating old school marvel fans like myself pretty severely. They pretty much said, "Nobody cares about the X Men. Nobody even knows who the X men are anymore. People who liked X Men characters will like Guardians characters just as much-- they're almost the same. mechanically" As a comic fan.. It's not just about the mechanics. It's about playing as the incredible hulk and knowing that, being the bad-ass hulk that you are, you can smash everything if you learn the mechanics of that character. It's half mechanics, half fan service. But that's another can of worms entirely lol. Long story short: i'm eagerly awaiting to play it, and I'll definitely be posting a guide myself once I have it.

2017-09-19 17:03:45

same as the previous posters, I'll buy the game when the price dropped a bit. I'm really excited with this one, especially this one is the first game to include an actual single player campaign, and I heard that there is also a stylus mode (I refer this one from arc system works games, which is used in blazblue and the guilty gear XRD series), which allows you, as a newcomer to fighting games specifically 2D fighters, to perform combos with just one press of a button without inputting all the motion sequences.
this is optional of course, so for competitive players this style of mode is not recommended.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-09-19 17:38:02

Probably going to pass on this one... Capcom screwed up the roster, bigtime. A huge pool of characters to pull from, and they went with who they did... I'm very disappointed, and not just in the lack of x-men or other characters on the marvel side, but on the capcom side as well, which is basically a rehash of UMVC 3 characters plus maybe one or two new ones. I may pick this up if I find a really good reason to, but it probably isn't likely. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-19 17:51:35

so i'm confused. I'd like to get the game but is  this a tag team style game or is it more like injustice in terms of fighting? given that the last game was kinda iffy i didn't pay too much attention to this one.

2017-09-19 17:59:51

All marvel vs. capcom games are tag team, as is this one.

2017-09-19 19:22:17

I don't know, if I will pick up the game yet. I must admit, I never played one of the Marvel VS Capcom games before. I watched a video of the previous game once, and was happy to hear, that they chose the voices from "Avengers - Earth's mightiest Heroes" for the characters. For this one I think, they took the voices from the current show, which can't compete with "Avengers - Earth's mightiest heroes".
If there aren't any characters from the X-Men in there, that is probably, because Disney doesn't own them.
Before I make a decision, I want to know more about the game. For example, is there a way to hear when the health of your current character is low, so you know when to change? Since this is a tag team game, this is probably an important thing.

2017-09-19 19:25:19

There have never been any health indicators in MVC, unlike in the mainline SF games, MK, etc. You have to figure it out based on approximations of the damage your character is taking, which is what should be done anyway... it's not hard to tell approximately what state your character is in if you keep track of what you're being hit with. smile

2017-09-19 20:41:16

I didn't care for the roster, but I think Capcom had their hands tied on the Marvel side. I don't completely blame them. I'm passing on this one. I was supposed to play it in a tournament at Gamer Grace this weekend, but I have so much to do to get ready, and I don't have time to learn a game and write a panel. Ugh.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-09-19 21:02:46

Marvel side is probably justifiable. But the fact that Capcom basically brought back everyone from UMVC 3 and introduced one new character on their own side is horrendous.

2017-09-20 03:16:33

yes, there's a way to know when your health is low. the anouncer will say "danger!"

About the game, i understand many of the complains and i agree, but at the same time, this game is very entertaining thanks to the infinity stones and free tag mechanics.
I have the deluxe digital coppy, and i'm having so much fun with the game. much better tan mvc3 imo.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-09-20 04:43:17

Does anyone know how to get past the Nemesis battle in story mode? Most of the fight for me is trying desperately to hear where my character is over being shot by three things at once.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-09-20 08:06:46 (edited by assault_freak 2017-09-20 08:35:32)

I completely forgot about the danger cue... thanks for telling us that, Brunete! You'd think I'd remember that having played every game in the VS series... lol. my bad!

Glad you find it entertaining though. I need more reasons to pick this one up... because right now, the characters just aren't doing it for me. So unless anyone has any thoughts that might point to positives... haha.

2017-09-20 09:02:14

sorry, but i think i have something "negative to add", not for all, but for me at least.
you can't switch to japanese voices for the capcom characters. hearing x, zero, ryu, chun li, especially x english voice, makes my hears bleed in pain... yeah, a bit exaggerated but still....

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-09-20 09:14:06

Yeah, I was afraid of that... definitely probably not going to get this one.

2017-09-20 11:25:32

some of the voiceacting is terrible.  makes me question why Kevin Michael Richardson is in this as Thanos.  at least, it sounds a lot like him. yikes  Might get this down the road, but right now I'm gonna wait. 
doesn't help that the cool characters are pretty much all DLC.  apart from black widow who was a slight disappointment

2017-09-20 12:46:03

I just had another listen to one of the demo videos. At least for the marvel characters, they chose all the voices from the current cartoon "Avengers Assemble". I haven't heard his voice in the game yet. But the same goes probably for Thanos.
For all the Capcom characters, they probably took the voices from the previous Street Fighter games. At least, when it comes to the english audio. I never listened to the japanese version, since I don't speak japanese.

2017-09-20 13:09:05

Rocket just sounds odd to be honest.  I much prefer the UMVC3 variant. 
I know the films made him American, but still.

2017-09-20 14:49:57 (edited by hanif 2017-09-20 14:52:26)

@18, for the capcom character voices, yes there are taken from the SF titles, which is SF 4 and it's other versions like super SF 4 or ultra SF4, and recently in SF5 except for chun-li which has been replaced by another actor.
as for the marvel ones, you're right, all the character voices are taken from the avengers assemble TV show, including all the characters from guardians of the galaxy.
and sorry if someone has said it already, but for anyone who don't know, MVC infinite is the first game in the entire MVC series to include only the english voices for the capcom characters. so for anyone who prefers only the japanese ones, you can just skip this title.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-09-20 16:36:51

When you say voices, I assume you mean voice actors... because not all the capcom characters have had existences in street fighter games, obviously. All the characters from Street Fighter, all... two of them, have had their voice taken from SF 4, yes, but not the voice samples. They just used the same actors, which has been across the board... SF 4, SF X Tekken, and SF 5. all the other characters either have new voices or use their MVC 3 actors and assets.

2017-09-20 16:43:05

@assault_freak, you are right, what I mean by voices is the voice actors itself.
for all the capcom characters except chun-li is now replaced with a new voice actors. other than that, the actors from all the SF titles and the MVC 3 titles are still used.

2017-09-20 17:34:07

In any case, definitely made it harder for me to think about getting the game. It's not a deal breaker entirely... but a huge black mark on a series that has always been bilingual.

2017-09-21 01:21:45

Hey to all. I put together a basic menu guide. I need to update it with the lobby thing as that is confusing. See this thread I put up this morning.

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=23055

That was confusing when my aira agent was helping me.

hope that helps a bit.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-09-21 01:23:07

what i want to know is how do i invite a friend on the xbox to a casual match or do i have to create a lobby eery time i want to play with a friend.