2017-08-18 22:13:43

I have an iphone 7 ios 10. I can not run the game. My father helped me prepare and run it and after I started I did not know how to control the story. Speech is written in text and I can not read it

2017-08-18 22:19:00

Could you find a voice actress who could do a choice-based voice as well, possibly? Freeq had a voice actor who played a character in the game, but he did a completely different voice for the interface.

2017-08-18 22:59:30

hi i tried to play the game with voice over off and am also not hearing any sound although i am totally blind so i could have mist something

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2017-08-18 23:06:04

I was able to find the game by searching in the app store, however with out voiceover or another way to hear the choices this game is not acessable for the blind.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2017-08-18 23:48:57

Well, recording every possible choice / menus etc will consume a lot of time and money. While I agree it will sounds much much better it will take really long time plus you are working on the rest of the game (hopefully you will release all of the epizodes. smile )
My idea is to add a Voiceover temporarily to enable the game for blind users?

I know it requires a bit of extra coding so if it's too much for you and not worth the time that is okay. It is just my idea what to do to increase the playability for everyone and work on the rest of the game.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-19 02:17:58

Oh noooo. I have buyed this game too, but really, it's not work. It's not accessible. I am soo stupid. smile So I will wayt, and I hope, that there will be update soon.

2017-08-19 02:30:46

Well, waiting to a future update, when the game will be accessible for the blind people.

2017-08-19 03:10:00

Sounds really cool. a thumbs up from me. Will give this game a try.

2017-08-19 06:29:40

Well what could happen is there could be some direct use of the text to speech api along with the swipe gestures described by Chris. I also second what he said about beta testing, I'd be happy to test on both ios and android. For those who don't have a mobile device: firstly, google play is accessible. Second, there are projects like android x86, andro vm, and others that allow you to run an android operating system on your computer. Whether it would work with this game I'm not sure, but hey it's worth a shot. Nevertheless, I just bought the game and can't wait for it to become accessible.

2017-08-19 09:07:37

woo,a price 2.99,i can not download,if i have a chanse,i will try .

2017-08-19 15:30:29

If theirs a chance to test it for IOS i want to test it too.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-08-19 21:58:51

Hello. This game looks amazing, and I am looking forward to knowing the main characters, wish you luck, and am happy to help in any way that I can.

2017-08-20 11:25:33 (edited by LyorahStudios 2017-08-20 11:28:05)

Hi everybody,
I had a really busy day yesterday and no time to get back to you guys. Sorry for that. Right now there is so much going on that I could use an extra pair of hands.
I'm extremely thankful that TGWSTW could strike a chord within this community and that you are offering your help. I will make use of it, as much as I can, in the near future.

To all those of you who downloaded TGWSTW already, but can't play it: please don't be disappointed. We are trying our best to make TGWSTW a success so we can start working on the Ear-Mode as quickly as possible.

Art, the other half of Lyorah Studios, also started a vivid discussion on that specific topic on another Forum. I think it would be best if we could bring all of you, who are interested in it, together under one roof.
If you would like to know what's going on over there, and maybe want to join, here's the link:

https://www.applevis.com/forum/ios-gami … ack-thread

If you feel at home in this Forum, that's cool too.
I'll stay here too, but I'd like to shift that technical stuff over there.
Would that be alright with you? Please, tell me what you think about that.

@Lirin: Yeah, we actually thought about that too, but let go of it very quickly because of various reasons. Mainly, as you might already suspect, budget. And as we have to watch very carefully on every $ we spend,  we have also to invest very wisely. I completely get your point, that it would be great to make this game accessible somehow to the blind community. But instead of building a quick "Frankenstein", that will kick you constantly out of the story,  we'd rather want you to have a real immersive experience. We, therefore, are trying to create a completely new game experience that all gamers could benefit from. You should know, that we also got a lot of feedback from sighted people, who told us, that they actually would love to play TGWSTW with eyes shut since it is so immersive. If everything turns out the way we planned, there will be one version of TGWSTW equally good and immersive for ALL of us. That's why we called it Ear-Mode. No one is excluded that way.

This endeavor will take a little bit more time ( and money) but I'm more than confident that it will be well worth waiting for.

I hope you agree with me.

Have a nice Sunday everybody,

Barbara

2017-08-20 11:48:14

Hi!
With the current version, is there any way for me as a blind user to start the game and get a bit of a glimpse of what it is about? I fully understand that parts may not be playable right now. I'm just curious and need some advice on getting started in the first place without sighted assistance.
My Skype name is eternalgamer, in case it's easier to do this in realtime.
Thank you so much in advance,
EternalGamer
--
To get people interested, make things interesting. To get people going, make things possible.

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2017-08-20 18:00:58

Hi,
this! is my kind of game indeed! congratulations for an amazing job!
i managed to start the game, and i can't wait to play it!
it seems this game has a lot of replayability, i love the idea of sub chapters and how your choices can make a difference or how can you play part a or part b of the sub chapter.
the last great game i played (together with a friend) was until dawn for PlayStation 4, so... i have high expectations. but i'm sure this game will be perfect for me, i can't ressist a good story.

Speaking of money, is there a way for us to help? for example with donations, or something like that?

Please keep up the fantastic job!

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-08-21 08:24:34

The tension is killing me. How does one go about starting it?
Greetings,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2017-08-21 09:31:18

Hi.
The game sounds amazing. I think I'll buy it to support you, and wait until you have added some accessibility.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-21 16:56:42

Hi,
A lot of the technical stuff that you speak of, also gets discussed here plenty in this forum as well, especially gesture-based and the ideas of testing. I have rnow read through both threads and wow, I like the person called Remy who did that massive in-depth review on the other thread, that was so awesome to read!

2017-08-22 07:00:14

I've bought the game, but have no idea on how to start the story. So I'll wait for some instructions, or just wait until the game becomes accessible. I don't know how else I can help.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-08-22 11:51:31 (edited by mr.brunete 2017-08-22 11:52:43)

Lirin wrote:

Actually, the game is not playable. I started a new game by tapping randomly on the screen. After a while I died because I make a choices by accident when tapping everywhere. LOL

same thing happened to me....
don't know how i started the game, but... almost got a heart attack when i made a bad choice... i was playing with high volume because i was trabeling.... her scream and the subsequent scene almost killed me hahaha.
just out of curiosity, lirin, do you remember how you died? want to know if both of us died at the same place.

2017-08-22 12:48:31

@Mr.brunete:
Well, I got out of the building but she decided to go back and search for a lighter. After that She closed herself in the room (maybe bathroom?) and the guy was searching around and after a while He found her.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-22 13:14:34

correct, we died at the same place...
can't wait for this to be made accessible....

2017-08-22 15:05:40

Hi there everybody,
it is amazing, and I'm almost running out of words, how much positive feedback we get back from you. This is an enormous motivational boost to us. We are polishing TGWSTW to the maximum to raise budget more quickly and give some of that back to you.

@EternalGamer: It will be extremely hard and I'm not sure if we succeed, but I will try to guide you through the initial screens of TGWSTW so you can at least have some first impressions. I can not allow tension to kill you.
Should there occur any standard system notifications asking for some sorts of permission, in the first place,  you should hit the allow button.
Now back to the game itself. It starts with a title screen, followed by a screen how not to play it ( for example, you shouldn't be chopping wood simultaneously). There is no sound but after ten seconds it should be safe to hit the " I understand the risks" button right in the middle of the bottom end of your screen. The next screen provides an image how to do it right, which means that you should make yourself comfortable. The " I got it" button again is in the middle of the bottom end of your screen.
That was the easy part. What follows next will be a bit complicated, because we ask about your sex and age. It will be hard to tell where these buttons are positioned on your screen since I don´t know which device you are playing on, but let´s imagine that we split the length of your screen into thirds. You need to hit three buttons on this screen. To make it easier, we will stay on the right side of the screen, assuming that you are a male player somewhere between 30 and 50 years old. So, first, you need to hit the right center of the upper third of your screen for "male", then hit the right center of the middle section for "age". The third button is the "Continue" button and it is positioned on the bottom of the screen ( just like before). As it is quite big you just go for it and tap right in the middle. After that, there are two notification screens telling you that you should wear headphones for a great experience and that your decisions do affect the story. This sequence takes about ten seconds. The last button is positioned right in the center of the screen saying "Connect with Skyler". If you have come this far and hit this last button, you should hopefully start to hear some ambient sound. After that, it´s safe to stay in the middle of the screen for choice buttons. Whenever you feel that there is nothing new happening hit the center of your screen. You will hear a specific sound once Frances receives your message. She will eventually put you on mute for a while but just stick to the center of the screen. When she talks about the lighter you will have to answer very quick as this is a speed option. If you want to go further you should try to tap a little lower than the center. If you do it right she will go back for it.
Once you connect with Skyler and hear some sound DO NOT hit the bottom of the screen. That´s the notification panel where you can pause the game, for example. This button is right in the middle. The others would just mess up things.
I really hope that this essay is some sort of help to you and that you get some impressions. If you somehow could not manage to get there and need more help please let me know.

2017-08-22 16:50:22

Hi again,
just a few words to be attached:)

@mr.brunete: Thank you for your appreciation. I'm impressed that you managed to start the game. How did you do that? Maybe you could share this info.
It is very kind of you to offer your help and even bring up donations. At the moment we are tweaking on various ends to make TGWSTW profitable. But it's nice to know that there is a huge safety net in this community. Thank you, again.

@SLJ: Thank you for your support. I hope we can update as soon as possible.

@aaron: we, too, are overwhelmed with joy for the great support we get on both sites. Remy indeed did a great job providing such an honest in-depth review.
Remy managed to start the game by using Zoom on his iPad.

Have a nice day,
Barbara

2017-08-22 19:33:45

Hi.
I gave the game a serious try this time, and wow what an awesome experience.
I managed to start the game, and then I patiently started to make lots of random choices. I went out of the building, and was wandering around for quite some time. I found a cross at the path where I could walk in four directions. Having no clue on what I chose, she started to walk again. Suddenly, she got tired, started to freeze and I think I suggested to make a fire. She failed and died because of cold.
The game restarted from the last scene, and I gave it an other try. I went up a hill, and she started to describe what was around. At this time, I really wish I could see just the icons to at leased know where to tab on the screen. I continued by a random choice, and went to a really creepy place. I won't tell you why, because I won't spoil the story. I went out again, but returned later by accident. Then, while constantly listening to hur throwing up all over the place, I figured out how to progress. Things got really interesting and I got a great sense of what the game and the story is about. I had then spent like two hours on the game because hitting one of the icons is just pure luck when you can't see them. So I decided to stop playing, and spent the time on giving some feedback instead.
The game is really really awesome, and it's hard to wait until it gets more playable. I'm wandering why some of the sounds and speech are panning around, like if she is moving the recorder or if you are actually turning the character in the game while she is speaking.
Then I think it's very important to make a small sound when it's time to make a choice. It seems to be very important in this game, because some of the sounds continue to play even when you have to make choices. It makes things more realistic, but currently, it's difficult to know when you have to make a choice when it's not usable with Voiceover. Maybe it helps when it becomes accessible. But if you have to react fast, then I think it's important to have a sound to indicate when to react and when the choices pops up.
It would be cool if us who have bought the game could help by testing the accessibility in the game. I mean, buying a game and try the best to play it without Voiceover tells how much we love the game... smile big_smile It would be nice to help as much as needed to make the game as much accessible as possible. If you already have chosen a beta testing team or if you don't need this, then it's of course okay.
I wish I could give some more feedback, but at the current state, it's difficult for me to give more feedback, since I don't know what I'm doing... smile

Best regards SLJ.