2017-07-29 00:27:39 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2017-07-30 00:10:57)

Now that's a bold assumption isn't it?

I've been talking about a new lane splitter type game I've been working on, and while playing this morning I thought I'm just going to push it out here since I was having quite a lot of fun already.

In this thing you unlock stuff, buy stuff, and most importantly race a bike, jump over cars using ramps, and a lot more! And if your computer supports it, you can play with effects and binaural audio!

Before I dig myself deeper into a writers block with this whole thing...

This is still pretty early software, there will be bugs. The game also talks about gamepad, but that doesn't actually work yet. The rest does, and as soon as I get the web version uploaded, it will probably also work on iOS and Android. The audio likes to crackle on mobile every now and then, and you might have to turn effects or binaural audio off.

To try this, simply go to here and find the download for your OS, Mac, Linux and Windows are supported right now. Let's fix some bugs!

Notes: To play, turn browse mode on if you're using NVDA, press NVDA Space. If you're using JFW, turn virtual cursor off with JFW Y. With VoiceOver on Mac, interact with the application item until the text starts reading.

Edit:
We now have a web version. http://cyclepath.dragonapps.org

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 00:31:53

Oh, I am after some rounds and must say: simple but addictive!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-29 00:37:16

downloading right now. Been hyped for this for a while. Keep up the good work dude.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-07-29 01:39:17

This game is awesome!

2017-07-29 02:32:59

If any of you can't play or want to give it a try on mobile devices, or just want to play in your browser...
http://cyclepath.dragonapps.org

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 02:40:45

Yep, this game is great and very addictive! I love the ambiences and the binaural audio. Congrats!

Cristian.

2017-07-29 03:13:35

Is the win version 64bit only? When I try to run the .exe file, it says it's not compatible with my version of windows, which is 32bit.

2017-07-29 03:26:27

Bad ass game dude. This game will be going into my, (games to play when I'm super bored games.) Such a time waster. Thanks a lot for this. Keep up the awesome work.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-07-29 03:29:17

Hi,

Thanks Chris!
Flackers: Yes, only 64 bit. To play on 32 bit, simply use the web version while a 32 build is unavailable, it's the exact same game.

Deng: Thanks a lot! Glad you like! big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 03:50:41 (edited by death 2017-07-29 03:51:20)

So I can't figure out the scoring rubric here. Sometimes I'll go 900 meters and get 10k points, other times I'll get half that. Other than that and a few other questions, this is an amazing game!

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-07-29 04:05:44 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2017-07-29 04:06:55)

Score is based on a lot of things, but the main factor is how closely you pass cars.
The closer you pass cars, so the narrower you avoid your namesake, the more points you get. Notice how the pass car sound pitches? The higher the pitch, the more points. So you want to try to pass them as closely as possible without crashing.
Also, clipping cars gives a looot of points. Try doing that as much as you can. Live dangerously and you shall be rewarded!
Oh, and unlock ramps. Jumping over cars gives bonus points, too!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 04:41:09

hiya, O! M! g! this game is awesome! ... ok, question. how do i see how much money i have collected? i think i've figured out that the zipping sort of sound, when i aim forthem and hit them, i get a coin dropping sound, so i am guessing that's how you collect money? anyways, how do i find out how much cash i have to use? i still can't buy a new bike for 2000, says i haven't got enough money. ahaha.
i'm loving this thing! keep it up!

2017-07-29 04:43:27

Doesn't seem like settings save. Idk if it's just me though.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-07-29 04:50:35 (edited by aaron77 2017-07-29 04:53:57)

So before I begin my bug report, I'm just going to say I love this game.  It is extremely addicting.  smile . Anyway, prepare for an incoming bucket full of bugs (well, like 4.)
Settings don't appear to be saving for me either.  I'm using the web version.
If you're hit by a car at the beginning of the game before hitting space, your bike's engine shuts off, you can't do anything but press q.
I haven't tried to reproduce this bug because I don't want to lose my save, but if you press space while a map is loading, the map stops loading and the game stops responding.  Only way to get it to run again is by reopening the page, but when you do that, your save disappears, or at least mine did.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-07-29 04:58:12

@Post 12: To see your gold collected, go to statistics.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-07-29 04:59:38

I am loving this game. Keep up the great work. Question. How do you jump over cars? thanks.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-07-29 05:03:53

*whaps self in the head* thanks deng. ahaha. god, i miss the obvious sometimes. blerg. lol.

2017-07-29 06:20:09

Hi,

So first off, you don't simply lose saves, not as far as I know. The menus don't reflect the state of the setting and get set to a default value for now, I will change this later. Don't be alarmed that the settings menu doesn't reflect the settings you've put in, they do save. If they wouldn't, neither would your name and statistics. smile
If you do lose saves please try to get it to happen again. Simply quitting out of a game doesn't save your stuff, but nothing should break or corrupt the data. Should. I could be wrong after all. But this has never happened to me.
It could happen if you play the web version and you have cookies and local storage disabled, but as long as it's able to load your name and stats, you're fine.
Jonny, you jump cars by unlocking ramps, which happens a bit into the game.

Thank you all for the bug reports! Keep it coming! I'm going to pass out meanwhile and hope stuff doesn't burn when I wake up. tongue

I was scared this would turn into much more of a mess fest actually. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 06:23:31 (edited by Chris 2017-07-29 06:24:51)

When I try to play the Mac version, I get an error that reads Check with the developer to make sure Cyclepath works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.. I guess I'll have to play the web version for now. I'm curious how the game stores user data? Is it located in cookies?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-07-29 07:26:07

What tunnels are for? I can't find them. I unlocked them and switched them on though.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-07-29 07:53:49

Here's some of the error you get when you try to run the game on the mac.

Library not loaded: @rpath/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework
  Referenced from: /Applications/Cyclepath.app/Contents/MacOS/Cyclepath
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Applications/Cyclepath.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework: file too short

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-07-29 08:44:17

hey ghorth. i'm just throwing here a little notice, you didn't update the page on your website. and you should also edit the first post to put the web link too.
i'm just saying, i'm not meaning to be annoying or anything like that.

2017-07-29 08:44:49

wow!
just an awesome game! keep up the great work! it got me addicted from the beginning... and I do have a stupid question...
any idea how can I change my name from 0? I've tripped pressing insert space, tipping, pressing right and left keys on the name 0, but nothing, btw i'm not playing on the web, downloaded and extracted the zip

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-07-29 09:11:16

hi all, as i am away at present have managed to load this on^my iphone yet swiping up, down, left and right with voiceover on does not work and when vo is off i hear the clicking sounds as i swipe menchs, but no speech. will deffo play on windows when home next week. will you have missions in future or anything sounds awesome!!

2017-07-29 09:22:32

Hi there,
Sounds a cool game but, I think it doesn't run with 32-bit versions of windows right?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P