2017-05-11 02:44:47

So mt9 will allow you to control each instrument of a song. You only want drums you can just have drums. You want a version with just the instrumental you can have no singing. It puts every instrument and the singers tracks on there own channel and you can turn them up or down. So what do you think?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2017-05-11 04:52:09

ya want me to be honest? I personally think that a format like that could be great, but I don't believe its gonna replace MP3 at all. Or well, at least that could change too much the way of listening music, but then caraokes could become a thing of the passed as well

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-05-11 07:02:52

Where exactly did this come from.  When looking it up, last stories I read about it were from 2008, and the last event the wikipedia article talks about regarding the format was in 2009, so this clearly did not replace mp3, although I wish it had.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-05-11 08:49:07

I wish I got my hands on some mt9 music. I am not sure where to find any. I still use mp2 over mp3 any day. I don't know there is something I just like about mpeg2 and mpegvideo.

Bitcoin Address:

2017-05-11 13:54:05

What's the difference between mp2 and mp3? I haven't seen an mp2 for ages!
ALso, come to think of it I haven't heard of an mt9 either. I don't think the big leagues will like this to be honest, they are still using m4a in the case of iTunes which is ok becase a lot of players and such now support it, and also I think google play and amazon are using mp3 still.

2017-05-11 16:53:03

MP2 is basically the predecessor of MP3, and so its sound quality is worse at lower bit rates than MP3's is. However, there's a twist. MP2 will eventually outperform MP3 if the bit rate gets high enough, because of the differences in MP2's compression algorithms. I think 256K is about where the crossover happens, when MP2 starts to sound better, particularly on things which MP3 has always had trouble with, like harsh electronic sounds or crisp brass or drum hits. Go much lower than 256 though, and MP2 starts to suffer and MP3 clearly dominates. Though even then, Opus has gotten to be really amazing and at least at lower rates, squashes them both.
I've never heard of MT9. I wonder if it isn't just a container for stems? That's what it seems like from the description given here anyway.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-05-11 20:25:13

Mp3 is here to stay as king for at least another decade.  It gained notoriety as the go-to pirate alternative for most people in the late 90's, was demonstrated to be an easy, portable digital copy to just about everything audio, and is supported by just about everything on a universal level that can play audio.  It is widely available, usually cheaper than buying a lawsless copy, and many streaming services would be nothing without it given mp3 is all their catalogues consist of.  Perhaps the easiest way to look at it is by looking at how the landline phone services are still paid for by many people around the world; there is any number of reasons why people still use it over a mobile phone which would come out to about the same price: it's part of a bundle, it's audio quality is better, it doesn't drop... I've heard many others and it's 2017.  The wide availability of smartphones and dumbphones alike have failed to topple the great landline, and I think I won't see it toppled until my parents go, and even beyond that my skepticism is there.  Incidentally, my parents don't even have a landline.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-05-11 20:39:10

I would join in the questions here... especially since there's been no info posted about this file format, which, does indeed sound like nothing more than a container for multitrack stems which will probably not be supported by most media players given they don't have a way to isolate or addtracks in and of themselves. mp3 is certainly not the best audiofile quality in the world, but to your average listener, the difference is hardly noticable... which helped in making it so popular back in the 90s and still even now.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-11 23:06:07

Speaking of MP3, I share below the following Twitter reply I got from the Audacity Team:

Audacity @getaudacity  May 4
More
Replying to @queenslight16
As yet there has been no decision by the Audacity team, but we welcome the announcement by Fraunhofer

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply  1   Retweet   

I myself prefer .ogg, which I would like BossJock on IOS to support one day, if they were able to.

As for Foobar 2000? Well... The below link should explain things:
http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack
No news with mp3  being apart of the pack at this time.

Finally, see:

http://www.mp3licensing.com
, for details with MP3 now being "free."

2017-05-12 00:45:32

It still says about foobar excluding mp3 encoders from the pack, so I'm wondering if he mp3 website will distribute it's own encoder. Isn't the lame encoder one for mp3?

2017-05-12 06:25:06

If mt9 does that good of a job separating the stems, then it's no doubt a container for stems, as opposed to all the channels bounced to 1 or 2 like a standard audio file. No question. No diy solution ever does an excellent job at clearly separating the tracks, because a mixdown is obviously damn near irreversible. That said, I'm not sure how big the footprint would be for these containers. If it's raw wave with no encoding, then you can bet it'll be huge. I can tell you from downloading stems to a song that for an average 4 to 5 minute song it can get up to 4gb or so. I imagine they'll use encoding for sure to keep the file size small, but with the realtime effects of the encoder like separation, a player is gonna have to have a hell of a lot of ram. With most computers and phones this is not an issue, but for older low-performance players, if this codek were ever released for those, would choke bigtime on such files.

2017-05-15 01:59:57

Interesting development [here], seems Fraunhofer is officially discontinuing all licensing for MP3 technology, effectively killing the MP3 format.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-05-16 01:23:25

This whole "story" is simply that Fraunhofer is no longer collecting royalties on the use of the format. I dispute the view that MP3 is obsolete, even if it isn't the most advanced technology there is, on the theory of its sheer and more-or-less complete ubiquity on any and every platform there is, including embedded ones. But, realistically, between the availability of higher-quality alternatives and the heavy dominance of streaming, really Fraunhofer has made all the money they can from this.

So, really, it's actually good news, and not the doom and gloom it's being reported as. Rejoice! Now you can use MP3 without a licence. Yay!

Just myself, as usual.

2017-05-16 07:54:50

Mt9 is not a replacement for stems. Its a single file with more than two channels. And iusing a program you are able to mess with the channels.

Bitcoin Address:

2017-05-16 22:31:32

Which is essentially just stems in a single container. I wonder what artists and record labels would think of this new format.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-05-16 23:42:38

Yup, it's definitely a container, no doubt about it. A file with stereo channels, once it's bounced down to 2 channels, cannot be messed with. Once it's mixed, it's mixed. Whether it's an mp3, or a raw wave, once it's mixed, it's mixed. So mt9 is no doubt an unmixed container of stems, or if it is mixed, it would have to have caches of unmixed channels within the container.

2017-05-17 07:36:52

idk I have never been able to get mt9 or I have never really played with stem files. This is the first time I have heard of them.

Bitcoin Address:

2017-05-17 09:50:12

MP3 won't be going anywhere, I'm sorry to say. The patents on the technology have expired (this is a *good* thing), but that's about it. what this *actually* means is that more open source software can start to actually make use of MP3 encoders without having to worry about running into issues with licensing and royalties.

For the record, Fraunhofer (the folks who owned the patents on MP3) are recommending people switch from that to the AAC file format. Which, also for the record, Fraunhofer still has outstanding patents on. Just puttin' that out there.