2017-04-23 13:48:02

Hi Guys,

How does turbo fly actually work? I read the documents on it but it kind of only tells me how to activate it using ctrl T,      does it cut the fly time down by half? or speed the aircraft up, also I don't think it can be activated unless the plane is in the air.

by the way I am currently on task 16 and was wondering are all the tasks based in eastern Europe? or will it move around the globe eventually.

2017-04-23 13:52:22

Hi, terbo speeds up the plane, all the way up to 10,000 KM per hour if you want it to. It's for if you have a really long flight but don't have the time to sit around waiting to reach the destination. When you are in the air and you have to be at full power, then control T turns it on. You can then increase the speed up to 10,000, but obviously this does also take a lot more fuel. It's Control T to turn it off and the speed will move back to the normal top speed.
Declan.

2017-04-23 13:54:04

also, yes the game does eventually brantch out all over the world, unfortunately the first 30 tasks or so are in Europe I think.

2017-04-24 19:24:19

Yeah I'm kind of tired of flying around the same section. Rome was a welcomed change but I'd like to be able to fly in an area where I can actually understand the names. I hope if there is an update it will let you pick where to do your tasks like what continent that be nice.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-04-24 20:09:45

does anyone know if the dev of this game is still working on it?   I hope so, it truly is an awesome game.
Added scenarios like other companies touting you for employment like Delta airline or British airways would be a great feature, like a career mode or something.

loving this game at the moment though, just hope it don't get old when all the tasks are completed.

2017-04-25 16:05:30

I've been thinking about making more tower traffic controlers with text to speech voices. I think more of a mix would be nice.

2017-04-25 16:45:45

if you are making towers with tts, make them with natural sounding tts voices

2017-04-26 00:36:01

But of course.

2017-04-26 19:59:50

yes, we need more towers I think to make it more realistic so definitely making more with TTS voices is a great idea.

2017-04-28 20:52:47

does anyone know if it is easy to assign music to each country? also would mp3 formayt work?

if yes how can I do it, thanks

2017-04-30 19:22:50 (edited by Jeffb 2017-04-30 19:23:21)

You could try changeing the airport backround noise to music for each contanent maybe but that's about it. You could change the flight music to a playlist perhaps.

2017-05-03 12:01:15

hello guies,
I recently downloaded the game, and had a lot of fun playing it.
However in the first task, when i land at my destination airport, I don't get any message saying my task is complete or any such thing
Is their something i am supposed to do after i land and park?
And is their an English documentation for the game?
Thank you
Regards
Jayanth

2017-05-03 21:22:03

Did you make it to the parking position? You have to stop the plane between 0 and 100. You will be informed you are in the right ariea when you stop and you will hear parking position. Also I just crashed because I ran out of fuel. I would like to se an option for making emergency landings.

2017-05-04 11:43:13

actually, emergency situations would be a neat introduction, like an engine fail or fuel leak etc.

I am having a lot of fun with this game and will be sad when I complete the tasks,  Iam currently on task 65.

Is it possible to create your own task scenarios? or do I need to know how to code for that.

I really hope this game continues to get improved because for me at least is 1 of the best audio games available.

2017-05-09 19:50:44

sorry for the double post but does anyone know how to create new aircrafts? if yes how do I do it.

2017-05-09 21:03:28

hello,
read the manual, it says everything and also read the aircraft file,s they say everything about how to make one

2017-05-10 00:31:54

Why are there 2 eurofly topics?

2017-05-10 05:58:55

@shrike after all  the task finish, it will assign you a random task.

Regarding double topic, I also believe that we should have only 1 topic where the dev comes in and deleted the other one. that way people know where to post their questions and comments.

2017-05-10 07:55:09

Jeffb wrote:

Why are there 2 eurofly topics?

Because people have created two topics. smile
First, the developers created a topic before the game got translated. Then the english official version got released, and then it was time to start a new topic from scratch, because there were a lot of negative posts regarding how to get started, because the game wasn't in english at the beginning. So this is basically the reason for there are two topics.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-10 18:22:10

is it actually possible to create your own set of task lists?

2017-05-10 21:22:58

We should only have 1 then. When Swamp got a new topic I believe the old 1 was archived.

2017-05-10 21:51:21

Someone asked about assigning music to different countries... it's pretty easy to do. The tips and tricks page tells you how, but it basically involves going into the audio subfolder of eurofly, then opening the countries folder. There you'll find a load of .ogg audio tracks in numerical order starting with 00. You basically have to find out what the last numbered track is, think it's 49 before you add stuff, then name your audio track whatever you like, just make sure it starts with the next number, in this case 50.
Then you need to edit the states.dat file. Open it with notepad, create a new line at the bottom and type *50. Then in the list of all the countries above, find the country you want your track to play over, and cut it then paste it on a new line below *50. Now whenever you enter that country, track 50 will play. You can convert mp3 to ogg really easily in audacity by simply opening an mp3 in audacity, then exporting it as ogg. But I'm sure mp3s will play because loads of the other audio files are mp3.

2017-05-11 02:07:58

Don't know if anyone's interested in this, but when I first started playing eurofly a couple of weeks ago, I thought the audio was great if a little loud, with the exception of one file. It's the one that happens when you land with passengers on board. The passenger chat is a nice naturalistic stereo sound, then all of a sudden this horrible artificial mono sound of cclapping and whistling comes in over the top and sounds not at all like it's coming from the passangers, but is just grafted on the top. It's probably the lowest quality sound on the whole game.
I found an applause file that blends much more naturalistically with the other passenger sound. Listening to it on it's own, you might not think it'd work, but I think it does. Here's a link if anyone hates the default applause sound as much as me. The applause.mp3 file goes in eurofly/audio/airport.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbjfcg22uus5r … e.mp3?dl=0

2017-05-11 20:34:16

it looks like the new random tasks are just generated short flights on category 1 planes,

hope someone uploads new task scenarios with other achievements to aim for as I want to carry on playing,  free flying is boring as hell sadley.

2017-05-12 09:58:41

If this game is still being developed, and the developers read these pages, I think it would be a good idea to notify the player when they get access to a new category of planes. I have access to cat 3 but have no clue when this happened. It's only just occurred to me that you don't have to do the task in the plane they give you at the start.
I think the game's unbelievably engaging early on, but does get less and less so as you progress. I think a military version could give much more scope in terms of missions being more varied, and progressively more difficult as you move up the levels. You could have spy planes for recon, bombers for taking out bridges and power plants etc, fighters for intercepting enemy bombers, and helicopters for dropping troops in strategic positions behind enemy lines. Appreciate these things are easy to envisage and much harder to implement, but the biggest flaw with eurofly is its lack of variety, and the fact it gets easier rather than harder.
By the way, I noticed early on in the other eurofly thread, the devs were asking for native English rewrites of their text. I did the quick start and sent it to the email the guy posted. It was a few days ago, but have had no reply. Maybe he doesn't work on the project anymore, or the rewirite was pants. Anyway, it's there if you want it. I'm doing the task briefings too, but that's for my own satisfaction. If the devs want those when I'm done, and they read this, let me know.