2017-05-02 05:29:17

Oh, something I should tell them to add to the helpfire. If the prompt bugs yoou so much, set it to %n

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-05-02 05:56:43

I just fixed a bug. This doesn't require you to install anything. Just replace your old world file with this one if you constantly get annoying errors about char127 something.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1isi9zxpjd3or05/ca.MCL?dl=1

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-05-02 08:44:49

Hello mata, i set my prompt to %n and it disappears completely. I need it to be at the end, not disappearing. Or there is no way to do like that?

2017-05-02 09:03:52

@Skylord, try help prompt and help display.
I myself like my prompt to show hp so I can keep track of how damaged I am, especially in fights, but  mileage may vary.

I also personally  a percentage figure to an actual number for things like hp since that makes it easier to listen tto but I don't think Ca had that option, still you should be able to find something you want, ---- or indeed nothing if you prefer.

I will say I don't like the factthat combat seems very quick and you have to get by cutting atmospheric info, but this is a general thing in a lot of games where combat rounds are particularly quick.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-02 17:46:16

alter aeon can be spammy too, but it's gagged for the most part by soundpack scripts. I'm actually trying to gag 0 damage completely out of the screen but i don't know how yet.

2017-05-05 19:16:44

So I just joined last night. The game looks pretty cool, though when choosing my name I didn't realize I was on that screen and typed create, thinking I had to type create to create a character, not sure how to change that. So for now I'm known in the game as create. lol! Anyways, looking for my first quest, Is their a quest nearby command or something? I chose predator for a class.

Audio game king

2017-05-06 04:06:41

the guy up from the armory in motown has some easy quests to do. There's also the boot camp

2017-05-06 08:57:21

there's no quest nearby, but it's easy enough to find quest since quest mobs have qm in front of their names. Quests are found by exploring for the most part.:)

2017-05-06 14:16:12

Actually that was one thing I did like in the game, every npc seemed to have quests to do, yet you didn't  to type "ask bob about three headed unicorns" or some other weerd phrase to start them. Players also seemed good  for sharing qinfo too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-06 15:52:57

We do keep things for the fun, but for the most part, for sharing the fun together, whatever we can, we share. That's cyber assault.:) We usually give hints or help, depends. But ca is sure not a mud where quests can't be spoiled lol

2017-05-06 19:52:56

Well I went on today, accept I'm a little disappointed.
I kept getting those rainbow things from quests, like the aqua sphere and the clear spindle and such,  and was saving them up however now all the ones I had seem to have vanished.

I also wonder if there is a compare command since I keep picking up junk. I've got a scanner and can scan things but don't necessarily know if what I pick up is an improvement or not on what I'm wearing at the time.

I also confess I'm finding the lack interesting abilities and such in combat a bit wearing at this stage, since basically I'm just running around typing "kill" whatever and waiting on the combat, especially because it seems the gaps between levels are getting longer, I needed 100 k xp and at roughly a thousand per kill that is quite a lot of monsters, though in fairness that is one area questing does seem to make a difference, and I'll certain go and look at finding some more quests now I have finished delray's.

Edit: Okay I am officially a stupid head! big_smile.
I forgot I picked up a second dusty backpack so I was looking in 1.backpack in stead of 2.backpack, all my rainbow items and other stuff were in there. That is a relief.

That being said, it still seems progression is a wee bit slow in terms of pure kill rate, and lack of skills to use does make things feel a wee bit grindy.
I am also not %100 sure on combat speed with this one even with my voice speed pretty high, even as compared to other combat intensive games like Aardwolf, that is one thing I do wonder about in terms of giving this one a db entry, for example you still get all the damage condition messages for your enemy each and every round even with combat spam filter on. Yes I know you can script for these, but as I said in the top five muds topic, muds that require scripting for access don't belong in the db (not that people shouldn't play them just that they're not %100 accessible).

I actually like how the aardwolf filters do here since you can have the hole combat round in two bits of text, still get your spell description but the complete damage from both your spell or ability and your melee hit in one go, and also config your prompt to just show you and the enemy's hp as a percentage, meaning you get all the atmosphere of "your enemy does nasty stuff to you" with the other details in as condensed form as possible.

2017-05-06 21:31:42

I don't have any trouble with combat spam at all, for some reason. May be it's because I'm use to it or something, even when it wasn't scripted to gag some lines.

And it's not that Ca lacks of strategy. You sure do more than just type "kill" and wait for the combat to end. You have things to do, you just need to find it. Bioslash is one thing, stun at level 32 is one thing, ambush is also one thing, not to say class specific skills you can use, like backstab, like circle, assassinate, whistle, psi blah blah blah, leap attack and all those out there (except may be preds, but preds have enough on their own to not have that many skills like others....man, where did you get that "kill that and wait" idea from, when you see complete list of skills you can learn? I'm curious now.

2017-05-06 21:32:44

Although there are not many skills for combat and combat can be pretty spammy, I believe there is a way to make it not display the damage in numbers and just the strings, though not sure what the toggle was. You should get yourself some bionics, like the eye, neural implant, vascular, stuff like that, but most importantly, vibro blades, because they allow you to use the 'slash' command to do more damage than you'd do normaly without using any skill. help bionics gives more info, and the bionic shop is pretty easy to find, 3 south, east and north from the helipad. You will also want to buy some buff drinks from the master fabricator 2 east from the armory. Just give him 50000 units and he'll drop a buff drink, then pick it up. Drink  them in battle when you get hurt. Also, if you want some quest suggestions, try Shaniqua's quest, the quest at the Hotel Morgan Reception and bar, and also use loftco equipment from the vending machines that can be found in a lot of places on the map, including the Motown sonicrail station. Hope that helps.

2017-05-07 11:53:45

@mata, I have seen ambush skill, but it seems a lot of the basic skills at start like dead aime and ranged tactics just give extra damage etc, and you just type ambush at the start of the game.
Obviously the higher level you are the more skills you get,  but where most muds at least at your starting class give you a skill or spell or two to play with, for example in Erion archers start off with ability to shoot at a distance, in Ca it seems far less of that sort of thing which makes combat fairly dull the moment. Maybe it was me choosing a mercenary I don't know.

I will try some more quests and bionics, though right now I'm limited what gear shopkeepers will sell to me, I suspect I need to do more quests.

2017-05-07 14:51:08

So I was able to create a new char on their the name is Dark blaze. I am liking the mud a lot. I am confused on once I enter the taxi which zone contains what.

Audio game king

2017-05-07 21:41:20

That's something your exploration could be of use.:p Beware though, if you mess up the syntax, you end up somewhere you'd never ever want. Taxi is nasty to use, especially for non-remort.

2017-05-09 09:55:48

Cabs aren't really useful in my opinion. The only time I use a cab is if I want to go to New Brooklin AKA the fifth element, which is accessible only via cabs.

2017-05-10 03:05:55

Anyone tried the soundpack and have feedback to give? Feel free to post it here. I'll try to fix as soon as possible. I still have yet to consider adding it as anything furtherthan beta, lol, not when I can't make sure it's not bug-free or partially free at least.

2017-07-02 17:11:36

Hi all, who can put the latest sound pack here?

2017-07-02 19:55:49

It's still the same link. If you don't mind waiting for a day or two, I'll open a new topic specifically for soundpack. The update's gonna be out anyway.

2017-08-04 22:20:11

Well I tried this one again, got a quest to find an item I have no idea where to find (a rowlex watch), and then got killed by something wandering the streets in seconds before I could read all the text, oh and yes, my voice is set at speed 100 with nvda and I have the screen reader mode on.
Then again I have no abilities and am not sure if I'm using the best weapon or not since I don't really know.

I am sure there is probably a good mud in here somewhere, but thus far I'm failing to find it, since it seems to really! suffer badly from both superfast super spammy combat, and the need to know where the best  gear and quest items are and if you don't know your super dead.
In fairness other players seem relatively helpful on the occasion anyone monitors the newbie channel, but  I just do not find this mud fun so far.

Maybe it is because I missed high point so missed all the newbie tips on how to find what, but since I'm now about 14 levels in I probably ought to continue, if I do decide to continue.

2017-08-05 03:40:52

That's what "quest list number" is for. Questing in Ca can be pretty rough. You usually don't join the quest if you don't know where items and stuff are. Some quests can't even be figured out for a time, but doesn't mean it's unmanageable.
I still strongly recommend this mud on the database. Just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean most people don't. And so far, I don't know about others but I've never found combat too spammy at all, even back then when there was no soundpack.
And, for general mudding's sake, understanding the general nature of a mud and mud community, not just mudding in common, is also a good way to go besides basing it on something in general. Ca nature can be pretty rough, but it has everything needed for its own awesomeness. I trust many people around here like it as much as I do.

2017-08-05 09:20:28

The reason I hesitate in adding this one into the db is the super fast and spammy combat.

As far as the database goes it actually doesn't matter whether  you or I anyone else likes a mud, it is to do with what access features are implemented in the game, and in cyber assault thus far I'm not seeing  much  beyond prompt customization, which most games have anyway, since while I have the screen reader toggle turned on it doesn't really seem to change much, especially as far as combat spam goes (and combat in this game is faster than most).

This is actually same reservation I have with Epitaff mud.

if I'm missing something about the combat display please let me know, or is this one like Star conquest i.e just possible with a soundpack

As regards my personal experiences in the mud, one reason I accepted the quest is that I can't see what a quest  is without accepting it. And if one is not meant to quest in the area where one starts (which actually is within newbie level range), then where the hell are you supposed to go in this game as a new player?

Again I do wonder if I suffer a bit too much from missing high point which presumably would've pointed me towards newbie friendly areas after completing it.

Again advice would be helpful.

2017-08-05 10:11:33

You seem to do, Dark. Usually quests around high point gives quite a lot of setup, quests around there and its general area. And of course when you type quest list, it tells you the level range (which sometimes the quest itself can be too tough for even that level range, haha). Quest list number gives you the description of that quest. And also, there's a quest in high point that forces access you to bootcamp, which by far is the newbie explanation area of the game itself.
As for combat, again, I don't know about others but I never find it too spammy at all. I still don't get how people don't find Alter Aeon spammy. May be because of all the gagged strings in the soundpack and such, who knows. I can do the same to Cyber Assault soundpack then, if it's that case, which of course means those two games are just as spammy. For Alter, if I don't have sounds, I'm not even sure if I can hanndle it as good. Now you say something about it. Why do spammier, more generic muds get added then?
And Dark, this is not to direct a lash or anything at you or anything. As general mudder, good attention is always required for on-screenn outcomes, not matter what mud you play. We seriously tried so hard to help you. I even got a group on skype to help once, but your lack of attention always got in the way, just saying.

2017-08-05 14:35:12

I actually really hate the way quests are done on CA. they piss me off more ofeten than not lol. though, to be fair i've never, ever been good at quests.