2017-04-18 01:49:59

That doesn't make sense to me... because it says it includes all characters, yet there are clearly a couple that I am still missing. I will look again, but when looking at it on pc it also says the app doesn't work on this device... which is weird, because the game itself definitely does...

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-04-18 02:18:30

Hi,
It includes all the characters up to season 3. ou still have to buy Kilgore and Shin Hisacco, as far as I know.

2017-04-18 02:44:23

Where is Shadow Jago located on the select screen? Also... how are ultimates performed?

2017-04-18 04:46:30

To get ultimates, download the free pack, "ultimate masters pack" for now, there's a second pack with a different name coming in May. Once the pack is installed, as long as you are on your first health bar and you get the opponent into danger, start your characters ultra combo, then press lp plus lk.
Shadow Jago is located, I believe, 4 right from Jago. Kilgore is located up once, left once, from Jago. Omen is located below shadow jago, and Shin Hissaco is located below Omen. Random has to be access by pressing up once from Shadow Jago.

2017-04-18 05:12:24

We had to download a pack for ultimates? That explains why it's not working! hahaha.

2017-04-18 16:04:08

Yes, for some reason. I find it a little odd to be honest.

2017-04-18 16:40:21

af keep in mind that not thee entire casts has ultimates, I would only say like 5 of them have it at the moment

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-04-18 16:46:28 (edited by assault_freak 2017-04-18 16:48:58)

Another question... because googling takes a long time and can't find anything useful. Playing on PC isn't the best experience at the moment, as my computer can run the game, with minr enough lag to make it a little annoying. That, and the pc menus are different than in Sightless's and Ultracombo's community guide... I hope narrator support finds its way into this game. I am wondering about player level... can that be obtained playing offline, or do I have to play online? There seems to be no way to check if I'm going up at all or not. Also, does anyone have an updated single player menu? Shadow Labs would be handy to have... and survival mode seems to be proving very hard to find at the moment. Going down three times once in the fight menu doesn't seem to be it. At least, I don't think it is. I select my character... then it starts making sounds like I'm in Shadow Lab. And Shadow Lab is also a mode that intrigues me.

2017-04-18 18:11:45

Survival mode went through a few changes recently, and I don't really know where thenew menu is. I think the first option in the survival menu is now shadow survival, and if you go down you find normal survival. So I think to get to normal survival, you press a on single player, then fight, then down to survival menu which I'm guessing is down three but I could be wrong, then down once to normal survival.

2017-04-18 19:00:18

Yep. I can confirm that having tried it... for anyone else who is curious. Survival hasn't gone through any changes other than that. Normal survival still plays exactly like it used to.

2017-04-18 22:25:23

Since this apparently seems to be the new official KI thread, has anyone read the Killer Instinct Novela? I'm going through it, but am losing interest fast... definitely not the best novelization of the game that could be done. the fight scenes especially aren't all that well written, and the novel doesn't capture any of the brutality of dark atmosphere... this is turning into some sort of urban fantacy, almost. lol

And from an accessibility standpoint, has anyone been in touch with IG or the folks at microsoft at least on public forums about increased accessibility? I would, but as I am somewhat of a non entity there because I've never posted there, I likely wouldn't have any weight behind any statements I made. tongue

2017-04-19 17:43:42

Pulled off Jago's ultra twice in one combo yesterday during a hard survival match complete with instinct cancel and ann ultimate to finish it off! Wish I'd recorded it... it was a great moment. hahaha.

2017-04-19 18:11:41

@Assault: I've said some stuff, and I know at the very least one other person has too. There ma be more but there's definitely me and this other person.

2017-04-19 18:21:19 (edited by assault_freak 2017-04-19 18:25:19)

lol... I think using names is fine, we know who the other person is. I may drop a message on the ultracombo forums myself some time soon, provided I can find the time to figure out how to word it right. I definitely wouldn't mind being involved in the KI community more.

2017-04-21 03:13:32

Just as a fun idea, wondering if anyone would listen to a recording demonstrating the various states of dynamic music? I can only do this in local vs, I think, since training mode doesn't let you select stages or tracks. If I was to do this, which tracks would you like me to explore?

2017-04-21 14:16:54

If you are targeting potentially new players, I'd recommend Jago's theme, and also another interesting one seems to be Riptor even though Riptor's theme itself isn't necessarily the best. Also, Arbiter's theme is OK for states too.
Out of curiosity have you heard about the theme selector menu? There was an awesome update a while back that put the themes in release order so they are much easier to find. You can access the menu by pressing y/medium punch on the stage selection screen with a controller, and it is then an up and down menu that wraps. Going up once will get you, for example, shin hassaco's theme. Just remember when you're done, to either press x to switch back to default, so you press y to go into theme menu, then x to reset to default, or simply restart the game to reset to default anyway.

2017-04-21 17:24:35

Why Jago's theme for new players? All the themes do well, I think... I'm just curious what people would like to hear. But so far, not a lot of interest... and if I do this, it will take a while. My personal favourites are Tusk, Kim Woo, and Jago's. I'm not a fan of a lot of season 3 music, it went too heavy metal... seasons 1 and 2 had a lot more musical variation, imo. But Season 3 is still good by all means. Contrast Tusk and Kim Woo's updated themes to their original though, and the style is very different. Having said all that, I like all the music, including much of the heavier stuff from season 3.

2017-04-21 19:47:44

The reason I suggest Jago for new players is because he seems to be kind of the poster boy for KI.

2017-04-21 19:51:12

Well, every fighting has a poster boy... and I'm not actually sure who Killer Instinct's is. It's not nearly as well known as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, and when thinking of Killer Instinct Jago doesn't actually come to my mind all that often. lol But I probably will start with that one, if I do do this.

2017-04-21 21:00:31

Have to admit sabrewolfs idle theme is wonderful. And fulgor/thunder

2017-04-21 21:13:53

You mean that fulgor and Thunder's theme are both good? Or something else... I'm a little confused because of the /. I agree, though, though Fulgor's theme has less appeal to me. It sits right in that pocket of thrash metal that I don't really like personally. haha.

2017-04-22 14:30:40

I think DanC means they're both as good as each other.

2017-04-22 18:53:32

there's a bit in the middle of Fulgor's theme that I believe is a callback which I really like.
Thunder's is just fantastic with the instruments used.  To be honest, I'm a fan of most of the soundtrack, just haven't been able to play around due to not having a second controller yet. 
Also, my forum  issue appears to have been fixed, so I can post properly again.

2017-04-23 08:10:56

I love Thunder's theme. And when you say middle, that's a bit hard to pinpoint.. since the songs have no eal progression, it depends on the fight, which is what's so awesome about it. I'm still debating to do this or not.

2017-05-27 20:01:23

still learning KI since i just got it about 2 weeks ago and finally got the  thing to install. Liking sabrewolf so far lol