2017-04-11 17:26:32

seems like I have yet to play someone in ki on this forum due to my busy schedule, so i will have my xbox on all day if anyone is up for a couple of fights

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-04-11 21:57:11

I have killer instinct for the PC, but my controllers don't work anymore. It's so annoying, I hope they fix it. Maybe we can have a match if I can ever use my controllers again, can't you do cross platforming with the killer instinct on the PC and the xbox?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-04-12 02:19:44

I will be busy next couple of weeks, but would love to play when I get the chance. My GamerTag is JCion97
who ever is down feel free to friend me. Be safe.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2017-04-12 10:37:45

yes stain you can do crossplay so we will be able to play each other. keep me posted to win you get those new controllers

2017-04-13 21:44:52

Is there an Emulator that works with Screen Readers for this game? I loved Gold on N64, but I don't own an Xbox only a PS4. I was sad when KY did not come to PS.

2017-04-13 22:02:19

Only the pc version... so you don't actually need an emulator unless you don't have windows 10 in which case, there's nothing you can do. It was known from the beginning this game wouldn't be coming to the ps4, because Street Fighter v is that console's exclusive. haha.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-04-13 22:20:09

Yuck, I hate Street Fighter!! Please, I'll trade you all Street Fighters ever made for one version of KY hahaha.
Hmmm, PC version ya say? I do have Windows 10 on my Laptop, perhaps this is worth a shot. I don't have a gaming controller per say, could I hook in my PS4 controller and assign the buttons that way?

GeminiLancer Ultra Maya

2017-04-14 00:52:52

Gotta disagree there... I love both games but for different reasons. But my life would be boring with only one series over the other. Yes, you can use your ps4 controller, but I don't have a direct link right now for the instructions. Do a google search and it should come up. smile

2017-04-14 17:30:41

Wish I had a good deal on a xbox1 available. Would love to play more... that or bite the bullet and upgrade my home desktop to windows 10.

2017-04-14 22:40:52

@10.
Given the time of year, you should be able to find deals on Xbox Ones.  And what I want to ask is, why haven't you upgraded to Win10 yet?  Win 7, in my experience is about the clunkiest Windows variant I've used to date.  Imho, anything above that is inferior to the Windows 10 experience, with anything before being officially unsupported.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-04-15 02:04:16

I actually just picked this up for PC a couple days back since it's like 40 percent off right now for easter, although I won't be playing online on this comp, lol offline VS CPU is already slowed down a decent amount... online would be even worse
I am enjoying it quite a bit though

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-04-15 08:44:24

@11... oh no no, I disagree. Windows 7 has been my favourite windows so far, after xp, and I've used everything after. Windows 8 was annoying, and while windows 10 is good, 7 is still supreme in terms of simplicity and options at the same time... but I am planning on upgrading, just hesitant to do it on my own with no sighted help.

2017-04-15 13:45:18

I would have to agree with AF on this one.....I hated windows8, and didn't care to get familiar with windows 10. windows7 runs so smooth, it some what reminds me of xp. I have an updated laptop, and I had my tech install windows7 even tho the laptop came with10

2017-04-15 15:02:33

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one then, as I don't want to be the one responsible for a flame war.  However, I'll leave you with my thoughts on this.  As far as I'm concerned, you are both losing out on KI, built-in streaming, improved Narrator and security fixes amongst other things, in addition to having inbuilt game DVR that allows for commentary, video and audio in sync, which could easily be used to allow for youtube video creation, should you wish.

The issue of start menus can easily be solved via classic shell, a free download.

That and KI: DE is 40% off, so if you want an improvement on what is already a good value for money price, I'd suggest you look long and hard at what you're missing and consider if having a system that, though it may be the leader in market share (from what I read), trades that for a lack of compatability with, from what I'm aware, newer graphics cards that will run KI at a playable level.

I'm not saying either party is right in terms of opinion, though as I say I've never seen, in person, a Windows 7 PC running at anything above a crawl.

OK, semi-rant over.

I can understand where you're coming from, given that I was a little hesitant to upgrade to 8 from XP, but didn't regret it, as with 8.1 to 10 and the various updates.  Also, apparently Win 10 has a fully accessible install, though I can't verify that for myself.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-04-15 16:42:37

sightless, I believe the accessible installation was part of the changes made for the creator update, just gotta hit control+windows+enter at some point after the reboot
I also heard about this new game bar, haven't ran the update yet though as I want to wait a little bit to see if there are any issues they iron out over there first... although I wonder if that increased priority for games thing would help my slowdowns while playing KI

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-04-16 00:28:57

Watching injustice 2 made me realize... I'm still hard pressed to find a game that has a sound design that matches this one in terms of my favourite! I don't mean the dynamic music... but the sound design as a whole. Injustice 2's punches don't have nearly as much oomf as Killer Instinct. It's all bass and no crispness ontop of it, doesn't nearly show much hard hitting these characters are supposed to be... maybe I'm alone in that, though. KI, though...

2017-04-16 09:33:22

@17
I know what you mean, kind of, though I2's audio is a massive improvement over IGAU I think.  The music isn't that bad either this time around.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-04-16 13:28:15

We'll see when it comes out. I'm still not that impressed... all nether realm games are starting to sound alike. Say what you will, but though most people here aren't that into street fighter 5, at least fighting games from Capcom have had consistently evolving soundscapes... the SF V soundtrack was a massive improvement over SF 4's. Tekken 7, on the other hand, suffers much of the same problems... with audio that's been recycled since Tekken 6.

2017-04-16 13:54:00

I also wish Killer Instinct had more of an actual story mode... shadow lord notwithstanding. Street Fighter V and MK X both have full cinematic story modes... Killer Instinct would be more awesome than it already is if it got one as well. Also hoping for eventual narrator support!

2017-04-16 18:18:11

o yes, I am patiently waiting for narrator support on ki as well. af do you know the menus in shadow lords, and in story mode? I tend to get lost after a fight in both modes

2017-04-16 18:51:42

For story mode there shouldn't be any menus post fight that say anything other than to continue or quit. I don't know shadow lords, haven't touched that mode.

2017-04-17 14:58:01

I'd love a cinematic story mode for KI or at least one a bit like Skullgirls with voiced dialogues. I just don't know about the budget and such though for the game, but it'd be awesome if something could happen story mode wise.

2017-04-17 19:37:52 (edited by assault_freak 2017-04-17 20:35:24)

Well, the budget obviously went into Shadow Lords, which I suppose is a story mode in a lot of ways. It's just a mostly inaccessible one at the moment.

On a side note, I purchased the definitive edition as part of the sale last week, and am trying to figure out how to update my copy... is there anything specific I am supposed to do on pc? I already have season 3, but the sale was on and I had the funds, so I just went ahead and bought it. Any help appreciated!

2017-04-17 22:43:42

Anyone?

2017-04-18 01:28:20

The definitive edition installs itself as an app, at least on console. The app is where you find the behind the scenes and soundtracks, and the game is just the game file, it seems.