2017-03-17 18:10:57

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the developers of the game Crafting Kingdom. We just released the game today and we would love to know what you think!

The game focuses a lot on crafting resources, producing goods and then selling them.
You start out small, chopping logs in your lumberyard. Eventually you will work your way up and be able to unlock new products, buy new buildings and production facilities which allow you to produce more valuable goods.
You can also build out your own estate, if you have the necessary construction materials.

The game is incremental, which means one of the gameplay mechanics is that you need to restart your progress every now and then to get ahead.
You complete quests and earn bonuses like faster production and higher sale prices for your next restart.
The game is free. There are optional ads, but no in-app purchases. The ads are voluntary rewarded videos, which will give you a powerful boost for watching (for example double log production for 10 minutes).

We tried to make this game as accessible as possible and would like some feedback on what could be improved.
The game uses Unity and the Accessibility Plugin, so not all VoiceOver or TalkBack gestures are supported.
You can find the game here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/craftin … 1&mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ingKingdom

Any feedback is welcome.

2017-03-17 18:34:30

hello, thank you for making such an awesome game.
The one thing I found with android is once you start the game, it tells me to turn off talkback however, once I do nothing seems to talk.
Is there something I need to do after turning off talkback?

2017-03-17 18:55:30

wooo , nice work! , gonna try it now

2017-03-17 19:41:57

sorry for double posting, I have a same issue with krishna, I turned off voice over, then the game says nothing. I already make sure that accesibility mode is on.
sorry for my english...

2017-03-17 20:40:07

Hi.

@Mik, I've actually rather wanted a game like this on Ios for some time, something progressive and single player that I can just run with and take care of and see grow, so thanks for this, not only a great looking game but one of a type I've been in the mood for recently.
I also definitely like the idea of outputting accessible objects in unity to something like vo or talkback since unity has been a major pest access wise.

To everyone else one thing I will say, is that you do need voiceover for the game, (I assume you also need talkback on Android).
The game is unusual in that because it uses the unity accessibility plugin, unity outputs to voiceover even though the on screen elements are graphical.
This means you hear your voiceover speaking, but you don't operate it in the same way, essentially you use flicks and the thing speaks.

One thing which threw me slightly at first is I noticed I needed to keep my finger on the screen and make a slightly longer flick to get the speech to work than I usually do when reading with vo.
This did confuse me initially, since I was wondering exactly why sometimes vo spoke and sometimes not but it's just something to get used to, so if people have turned on vo and don't get speech, then make your flicks longer. I don't know about Talkback since I don't have an Android device, but it might be similar.

I'm just doing the tutorial so far so haven't got far into things, but I wanted to report these initial findings so people aren't grappling with the interface too much and can begin enjoying the game.

Right then, back to the woodshed, ---- literally big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-17 21:18:48 (edited by Jeffb 2017-03-17 21:39:52)

This is awesome!! It is a little slow but it works well with Voiceover.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-03-17 21:39:17

Hello, mikrima. Incrimental games is my favourite type of games. I will definitely try to play.

2017-03-17 21:47:39

a little slow? I can't even play this propperly. if I do a left or right flick it takes around 10 seconds for the voice over sounds to play, and another few seconds for it to even anounce the menu option! and this is on an iphone 7, so its really unexpected.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-03-17 21:56:28

Wierd it's working fine for me on an iPhone 6S.

2017-03-17 22:20:17

Hi.
I have the same problems as Connor, the game is reacting very slowly, I am not even able to hit the play now button because I guess the cursor is jumping around strangely.
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-17 22:56:23

Maybe I'm just not far enough along yet, but it says in the help screen that you can swipe up or down to change production slots, but I seem to only have one.  I'd love for some more VO commands to be available here, like scrub and things, but this is really neat for a first release, and I can so see this becoming a time vampire.

2017-03-17 23:13:46

I can't switch between perduction slots either.

2017-03-17 23:23:43

I've only got one production slot as well but since the up and down flicks work fine in the city to sell products and the castle to look at different quests I assume the problem isn't one of interface but one of what is unlocked when. I'm guessing more will be available later, though I'm not sure how to unlock them (I thought they would be unlocked when I unlocked timber as a product but obviously not), indeed I've noticed that while the game text is great,  there aren't really labels for empty areas, eg if you view the upgrades in the castle before having any upgrades and I wonder if this is what is happening with the production slot, ie, other slots aren't unlocked yet but are not showing. Similarly, you don't get a report after activating a boost and watching a video.

I wonder if something happened in the tutorial, since the last tutorial step I got was the one mentioning automation after which it told me to just go on making logs and no other steps have shown up, though with the explanetory messages and help text I'm finding the game very self explanetory, other than the production slot thing I mentioned.
As to the slowdown thing, as I said, I don't think vo gestures are supported as much with this one just through how the game is made, but since I'm playing on an Iphone 5 and find the game quite playable I'm a little confused as to why people are running into problems on other models.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-18 00:07:02

The boosts where you watch the videos don't always seem to work.

2017-03-18 00:14:06

Hi.
I can't even navigate in the main menu at all. I press three times with three fingers, but nothing happens. The game totally screw up my phone, because I can't even turn off Voiceover as described in the app description. When VOiceover is turned on, swiping left, right, up or down does absolutely nothing, and there are no icons on the screen as well. The only thing Voiceover is saying is main menu and nothing more. Only the music is playing.
So this is quite disappointing, and I look forward to any updates on this... It's strange that the game seems to work differently on different phones. I'm using an iPhone 7.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-18 00:16:26

You're not supposed to turn off Voiceover at least I don't think so as I am playing it with it on.

2017-03-18 00:20:43

Awesome, thank you so much for the feedback so far.
I just made a little TODO list:
- Add spoken feedback after a watched boost, stating that the boost is now active
- add a label in the castle if there are no upgrades yet in
- Add an explanation in the help screen that you start with one production slot, but can simply buy more production slots by swiping past the last one in the list

To the problems that some iOS players are experiencing: It seems that this is a bug that happens only on newer iPhones. We're busy working on a fix. I'm sorry for the issues, and we're working as fast as possible to get this taken care of.

2017-03-18 00:22:06

Android users should leave TalkBack on at the first game start and then suspend it during the main menu. The reason is that the game will ask for access permissions, and that dialog is only accessible with VoiceOver.
You could leave TalkBack enabled during play as well, but then all swipes and taps need to be done with two fingers instead of one.

2017-03-18 00:26:55

The swipe detection on iOS isn't as sensitive as VoiceOver itself, but we intend to improve that in a later version.

2017-03-18 00:41:45

It would be nice too if there was a clearly labled button to exit the video. Right now I've been exiting them by hitten the button all the way on the left called l.

2017-03-18 00:45:00

Unfortunately that one is completely out of our hands. The Ad providers are creating that button and labeling it. As much as I would want to fix it, we don't have access to that. For the duration of the ad, control is completely taken away from the game. For good reason, otherwise apps could cheat ad providers.

2017-03-18 00:53:28

Thanks for clearing that up.

2017-03-18 01:19:55

Hello mikrima.  Welcome to the forum. I have tried this game and come to wine, ur,  post here so the game will get better.
1, VO, voice over takes 2 or so  seconds to swipe through the items.
2,  if you go to the options,  there is no way to exit them from inside the game. you have to restart it.
3,  Voice overs cursor bounces all over the screen. This becomes really really annoying really fast.
4,  i've gone to the last option on the map, clicked on it, and the game just freezes. This happened multiple times for me.  First time I wasn't able to pass the hint, and the second time it just did nothing.    I heard a double tapping sound, and then the game just froze.  I couldn't swipe, I couldn't double tab, nothing.
5,  I couldn't buy any extra production slots. I was stuck with one.   Swiping down  didn't help. It just said the last item. I couldn't go past the produce button.  I will keep an eye on this project. I really loved it accept the bugs.

2017-03-18 01:34:04

Hi amerikranian, thank you for that detailed feedback.
The long delay is something we're trying to fix, and are actively working on. There seems to be an issue with some newer iPhone models. Interestingly, all older model (iPhone 5 for example) run smoothly.
This is actually a performance issue, which is responsible for almost everything else, include the bouncing VoiceOver focus cursor, and the fact that the Options menu appears to not have a close button. It does, by the way, it's the last element, right after the music toggle. It's in the lower third of the screen.

I did just find a bug however that made the button for adding a production slot invisible! This will be fixed with the next update!

2017-03-18 04:04:31

This game is awesome so far. I'll be looking forward to the update where the production slot bug is fixed, because obviously that will make things run much smoother. But so far, this is proving to be a very addictive game.

One minor bug I've noticed is that the sounds and music seem to stutter sometimes, particularly when moving Voiceover's focus to whatever you're producing. So, if you swipe to the right until you can hear your logs being produced, the sound breaks up for a couple of seconds before resuming normally. it's a small thing, but just thought it was worth noting.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.