2017-03-11 15:36:00 (edited by mahedee 2017-03-11 20:47:39)

hello guys.
first of all, I didn't send this to argue more. I just want you to know the story of my unfair banning from red spot. hear it go's
I was in the game 5 days ago I believe, and I decided to follow stoner 420 to maybe kill him and luckily destroy his base.
first and second times of reaching him I almost killed in the spot and couldn't do anything. but the third I succeeded to kill him.
after that, he first send me an eloquence crash word. my nvda restarted and again luckily my game doesn't and I started to hit his base. then he sent me some other pm's telling me not to destroy his base or else he'll send the entire RTU team after me.
I told him to take it easy and not to be angry and this is only a game and what ever else regarding these matters.
until he reached and killed me again.
the fore times after that I believe, I failed to touch his base. but the last time, I reached him and started hitting him and his base with explosives. and he made a mistake of activating an item grabber. see? a big golden opportunity so I killed him and again started to attack his base. this time with fireballs.
and then the worse turned to worst. big_smile. anyway. he sent me eloquence crash words over and over again. I didn't think he'll do that again so I didn't switch from my eloquence to an other voice.
dam it eloquence? smile.
my nvda crashed this time, and then my game. and then my computer.
chain reaction.
when I recovered, I tried to enter the game again. but I failed cause my name was still on-line. so I change my name from mahedee with one d. to maheddee with 2 d's to tell him to stop it and possibly play some more games.
I was defragging my external hard drive so the system restart was not what I wanted that time.
so I entered the game, and he sent me a pm. he said, you just went offline on-line,.
and an other. that is a ban. or perhaps that is ban. not sure about this one.
I started to pm him. and you sent me crash words. that is a ban also. but I couldn't because I was bannd before I finish.
and some of you maybe ask me, if you're eloquence crashed, how can you be sure it was him. maybe it was someone else.
I have to answer, my eloquence red his name before crash. something like that. pm from stoner 4 2 oh. a a a a a.
that was that. and I didn't send this so maybe I have like a levrej for making my self unbann again, no. I'm dun with red spot. like stw before it. I did write this so maybe admins, specially sam take more cair about his other admins behaviours, and his RTU team.
good luck and have fun

2017-03-11 16:26:33

I agree with post 202. These admins are just extremely unfair. Extremely! I say. I am playing Redspot just because my friends are too and on Linux I cannot launch The Return Of The King because it is too advanced

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-03-14 15:44:05

God! I never thought that an admin send a crash word to a player. This, is extreamly unfare. Sam should deal with this guy. Such people really should not be promoted.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-03-14 16:08:03

Post 202. That admin is an asshole. I presume it took you several minutes  to restart your system and the game, am I right?  If so, it's not an off-line and online thing. stoner should be banned from redspot at most, and at least be banned from RTU and have his  admin privileges removed.  But I'm guessing Sam won't do either of those things.  Oh well, welcome to an unfair band party.

2017-03-14 20:53:49

Wait, he sent a crash code? What the hell is wrong with these admins. They get worse and worse by the day. I think he should at least get a ban, considering sending crash codes is against the rules.txt file. 6. Crashwords or large chats that could harm screenreaders and/or sinthisisers is strictly prohibited.

Sam, if you don't ban stoner, I'm gonna lose a lot, of respect for you. Just saying.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2017-03-14 21:25:46

And that|s one reason why I dont play redspot, if Sam isnt even able to recrute better admins, he should take down his games or look a bit longer at players who actually achieve something and who are not his friends who get a free promotion here, a free item there, and what not.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-14 21:53:00

Hi,
&202: looooooooool are you kidding me? I am sure he didn't send that

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-03-14 22:30:23

I wish I would. I never dreamed I'll ban so unfairly just because I tried to destroy an admin's base

2017-03-14 22:31:46

Fully, fully fully fully agreed with you post 202, redspot, is a. ***, *coughs* *cries* Well, enough. I will try to not play it anymore, well if i will get unbanned, that's fine, but if i'm not, well i'm not going for it. Well, i have my own game to entertain with. Hope we will release a public beta tomorrow. So guys, if you want replacement of redspot, you can wait. This is actually, not redspot. Something we hope you will like much!

2017-03-14 23:16:03 (edited by kianoosh 2017-03-14 23:23:44)

Hay guise. Let me say something before another drama starts. When ever i go into redspot with my name, sito start saying bad things to me and my people. He always making dramas in the game. For example this time that mahedee said stoner sent him this crash words, sito(That this topic is none of his business) started to talking about shadow of death. He was making me angry but i chose not to involve with him and post this comment in the forum so every one knows what is happenning on redspot. Sito is saying mahedee is liing about stoner and i said because of removing logs from the game, we can't pruve this easily except if sam look at the server logs so everything will be show up.
By the way. Eather this topic is none of my business and he forced me to involved with it.
Even before this drama, I can clearly remember that when i said something about the RTU team(R, T, U, team), He again started insaulting iranians and me. No, i don't say they did this stuff, but yes, they were from a very long time ago and now everything is going very well with the games, and we are playing games farely. And again. I begging you sam tupy, to check the server logs as mahedee told me that stoner sent him these crash words. I even asked mahedee two times to make sure he is write and he is not liing and he said that this admin has sent him these crash words.
And last but not least, I also please you nibar sito to stop doing this. I can't log in with my name because of your insaultings. I friendly want you to respect yourself and do not let people to think like this about you (Or maybe it is all not important to you, And in this case, Hope the god protect you! ).
I hope i was enough fare and i hope sam will be as well.

---

2017-03-15 03:09:23

This, folks, is why I deleted all of Sam's games from my computer. Not that I had these issues personally, but I'm tired of hearing about it that people are getting fucked over by these immature pukes who call themselves admins. Also, I like to just go in and blast at people, but everyone has 5K plus health and 100 or more shielded shots, and you just can't kill people unless you have a base, and all that shit too. It's not really all that fun to be frank. And all Sam wants to do is make weird analogies, and say how he deserves a life and a break and how his school grades dropped. No one here fucking said he should let his school grades drop, that's fucking ridiculous, education is hella important if you're gonna do anything in your life. No one here said he shouldn't have a life. Maybe private conversations, but why the hell should he be taking that out on us.

Sorry to say this, but I have no respect for Mr. Tupy as a developer. I will admit that he is a talented coder and a talented mixer and audio producer, but puts forth minimal effort to rein in his admins, fix bugs and deal with balance issues. Fact is, there are devs whom I have little to no respect for, and others to whom I am very respectful of. Anyway, one of two things will happen, he'll either get on here making weird excuses or weird analogies about shit that makes no sense, or he'll just completely ignore the topic.

To be fair, I am saying this as a player of audio games, not as a developer. I have no talent for coding, I also have little patience for idiots on the administrative side of things. So, there are aspects to this whole running online games thing that I just am not aware, just like there are aspects to practicing medicine that I'm not aware of since I'm not a doctor. I think he took on this responsibility a little too young, and its a lot of weight to carry around, and maybe he's feeling a little burnt out. If that's the case, I'd advise him to pass the torch onto someone else who would work on the project, and maintain it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-15 04:21:51

Just throwing in my two cents in here for.. Well, honestly just for kicks.
I've been reading through this entire topic, from start to finish and have seen things that made me nearly piss myself with laughter.
In short, this has now replaced watching shows like Real Housewives, Jursey Shore, or even... Keeping up with the Kardashians!
So again, not chipping in because I care about Redspot, because I could honestly watch it plunge off a cliff into the roaring malestrom at the Milkyway's core, but because you guys have provided me with several good laughs.
Probably going to get hardcore fangirls of this game yelling at me for this post, but ehh, just bring on the laughs. tongue

2017-03-15 06:29:46

@Dr. Bilbo J. Skywalker wow that's an amazely boring passtime (all those tv shows anyway)
however this drama is Always fun to Watch - and it won't be the last one (neither is it the first regarding redspot as a matter of fact)
keep up the good job Sam - keep those shit admins around - keep having poor judgement even though I told you. I'm sure it'll earn you much love and respect  tongue

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-03-15 09:20:44 (edited by kianoosh 2017-03-15 09:21:54)

Post 211, You said everything I think!

---

2017-03-15 09:46:12 (edited by LordLundin 2017-03-15 09:47:50)

@kianoosh aye, surely he did, seeing as post 211 was made by none other than the almighty kianoosh
tongue
what a surprise that kianoosh and kianoosh
Think alike! big_smile

regarding the whole Stoner thing, well he has Always treated me nicely even though god sometimes becomes an asshole I guess. However, it wouldn't surprise me that either of them (except for Hamada who's a good chap) would do such a thing if they Think they could get away with it by claimbing the other person just lies about it.
Does RS even have logs? If it doesn't Stoner and the other admins would know that it doesn't and hence can cheat the system as much as they like because it's just going to be Word for Word and guess who's Word people are going to Believe?

I've seen many unfair bans, mine was ... fucked up. The cheater got away but the Community police got punished. Nice jobs, assholes.
I still say implement enough  features to where there's no admin needed, then just reset the ban list and let everone on again.
If  you don't, soon you'll end up with a game that no one plays and that has reputation for being a piece of shit no matter how good the game actually is. RTU will have to split up and fight amongst themselves because there'll be no one else left except the occasional straggler.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-03-15 12:40:12

peapol should know wich is a suckers and wich is a real friend these days
hihih, never mine...

2017-03-15 17:53:53

Yet, despite all what's been said here, you know nothing is gonna change. Remember, Sam has stopped looking at this topic because... well... dogma. For those who don't know what means it's the act of ignoring arguments that could be or are most likely right, despite the fact that a very small majority believes in your argument while everyone else believes otherwise. But yeah, the reason I have stopped complaining here and will no longer be putting in my two scents is because apparently, some 15 year old and his group of less than admirable cronies know all the right answers and are doing everything right, and the rest of the community -- that includes me, you, your best online friend if you have one, your gaming buddies, your fellow forum members, all of them, are bottom feeders and mouth breathers who just wanna sit and wine and complain and never appreciate anything. Isn't that right, everyone? We the majority are wrong? Or is it just because we're blind? haha.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-03-15 18:19:47

Post 218 and 216, I also totally agreed with you. But actually A 15 years old person may do the best and he/she has the required brain to choos the best way to go through. But it seams some people do not want to grow up. I think i am also going to remove his games if he don't stop this stupidities (Although i do not think he is going to change his mind and get out of the children room (Lol)).

---

2017-03-15 18:37:54

His admins are naturally gonna take up for him because they know the moment they do otherwise, they're gone. theyre in his tight inner circle of friends, they do anything that he doesn't agree with, he just casts them out and they're no longer admins, well they want to keep their positions, don't they, so that's the eddies and undercurrents here.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-16 13:13:45

No, i'm not a redspot player, no i won't even try, because yes, i suck at it, and have other things that need dedication. But, here are my two pennys worth on this entire thing, both inbalance and banning alike...
First, the inbalance thing. Well well, being a new player, checking out this topic due to its original title, i'd be instantly demotivated to even start to download the game. Reason: some things sound uber powerful, will require to be online six hours on end, and if you use afk at the rong time, you might even not return to play. I do agree that games require tactics, and map knoledge, but, and this is the comunity and not the dev: it also requires less being a "hunt the nubie dick" and more of a "let's challenge the new person, and maybe, discover what can happen if he gets used to everything". Fix it, how, you ask? Written out sollution is one thing, coding this probably a different one, but:
- Make bases, players, and everything that can get to rediculous amount, have a limit. Say you have 10000 health, after you pick up a health boost, it would just stay in your inventory for when you need a boost because someone shoved a few rockets up your..... 500 shielded shots, fine, more shields, go to inventory and can only be used once that number goes down. etc etc.
- afk [messy business i've witnessed...]: once afk timer starts there's no turning back, get shot, the timer restarts. During the timer, the people who are tracking you can still see you, and with the timer restarting, might even be able to kill you, but once afk is active, the afk'er should be spawned randomly on the map so their trail is lost.

To expand a little on bases: it's a team effort, that's for sure, and even with an item / health cap that wouldn't change. Let a few people run around and collect things, give those woods to the other so they can sneak back and reinforce etc. etc. But since there's a limit, you wouldn't get one monstrocity, and a few mice, you'd get a well maintained building and a team that's not capable of keeping things well oiled and organized. You could even get two awsom well kept buildings etc etc.....
Cheerio

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-03-16 13:52:01

Well, since I forgot to do this in my previous post ... it's time for me to try and throw "only sam's friends become admins" out of the window. I'm first of all ceperating friends and friends. Physical friends, those you can go to by bus, train, taxi or even plain, and digital friends, those you talk to on skype teamtalk or any other conferenceing thing. Am I a physical friend of sam: i'm pritty sure not since there's a flight of oh ten hours or maybe more in between us, making it damn expensive to go for a beer. Am I a digital "friend" of Sam: not entirely sure, since we actually don't talk often. I'm pritty sure if i'd dig up my entire skype history, i'd be writing 20 messages while sam writes 4 or so... <smile> But, what then, makes people to be admins, and what does it cost a developer to entrust someone with such a title.
I'm going to take my example, since that's the easiest for me at least.
First, you have to play a game often enough to know the mechanics, to spot irregularities, and when things don't look good, find someone you can notify. Regularly playing doesn't mean open it once a month, but at least a few hours a week or so, because only that way you can get aquainted enough with the ins and outs. Then, you have to be willing to spend a good deal of your time, plotting, thinking and putting up ideas to improve things. I've done all that, but that still doesn't mean I would be an admin instantly. If I'm not mistaken, my skype call with Sam was actually the first time I hurd him, go figure... What sets admins apart from other players is their attitude, and their knowledge on their shaulders that by their actions, a game could go soure instantly, even if it's as rock solid a game as there ever was. This means, that the developer takes a immensely huge risc every time he changes a player into an admin. So, would it be too hard to understand, that Sam would want to at least sort of basically know a person a little, before he gives them the ability to stear the game in his name. Is it really hard to understand that, even with so called friends, things can go rong? I'm guessing not. What I would, above all, ask of each and everyone of you reading this poast, is to consider for one minute and a half (the half minute you can use to drink some tea or what ever you want) to think about both sides of being an admin, and promoting an admin, and compare it with giving someone the keys of your house or your room and what you'd want that person you are giving your keys to to be like etc. Things aren't always as "slap bam, promote and done" as you all might think.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-03-16 14:33:01

Well the whole AFK thing could be a little friendlier, just say you can't do that or somethig if you try to set it in air, that doesn't always indicate cheating to me, it also could be kid's parents want him now and he don't wanna lose all his shit but they're gonna bitch him out if he don't come now, so he just types /afk not thinking , then it slams him up the bung holio with a bad death.

You know what I feel Sam needs? A community Manager. Someone to whom you can write complaints to, who tallies up said complaints and if they find that applicable, submits this onto Sam. Someone who also plays the game, and can note down imbalance. Someone impartial as its possible to be. No ass kissing to Sam, no getting rid of him because he doesn't agree with Sam. Basically someone who will take ideas, suggestions, and complaints and forward them to the right people. Then he needs one person, one trustworthy person who has a history of doing right by players, who is willing to talk and not just hit the ban button on the first minor offense, but that comes down on people who consistently break rules. He needs someone like that to be head of the admin team, and that person oversees the rest of the admins, and submits to Sam who is doing a good job and who is not, also has the power to unban. I'm talking about someone trustworthy that Sam would feel comfortable giving the server access or the source code to and he knows that person wouldn't do wrong by him. Having these two key people would make Sam have to take a less active role in the administrative side of the game, and spend more time enjoying the game and working on new things and bug fixes for it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-16 18:26:08

@222 I can only speak for myself though, in terms of promoting admins. Yes, it is important you and that person have history, you need to know what they are like and it's not like a background check can show how rude they are. But it's also a matter of judging character. I personally have spoken to these individuals, and I would not have suggested them as administrator material. But that adds to the reasons that Sam should really not be doing this: he has neither enough experience socially or in being in a leadership role to determine who should, quite literally, become the leaders of a community -- and one that you can't just slap cuffs on wrong doers. It doesn't matter how much math or code or computer you know, that's only half the battle. Somehow, I think Sam fails to realize that.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-03-16 21:41:04

Hi steve

There's only one reason i'm disagreeing with you. I don't think Sam fails to realize character is important, if anything he's damn hesitant to appoint people. What is the hugest problem is that, digital people can be 90 percent different from physical people. If you'd know akilor inside stw, do you think he'd go running around the streets, camera in hand, writing out emails warning car drivers they drove too fast and parcking their vehicles on the sidewalk. ahahahahaha, nope. no intrest in that what so ever. What i'm trying to say is that people can have a nice physical personality, but act a dick once their internet is connected, as well as the reverse. So, imagineing for a split second, the amount of school work, one slightly out of hand admin, bug fixing, forum poasts to read and write ................. you'd need three heads and six hands for that sort of [maybe fluffy can help?]

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-07-05 02:58:18

Okay... can the admins close this topic...

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27