2017-02-02 23:02:42

Sent you a contact request.

Role-play? Simulation? Strategy? Throw it at me! I'm all ears for the games!

2017-02-02 23:26:12

Okay weird nothing's showing up for me here....

Did my two emails go through, my skype is

[email protected]

Throw that into Skype, should bring up a Kattalakis result. That's mah skype name so add away....
Add away people.....knowing my luck it probably won't flag up the contact things but eh, I'm dow
Orrin, feel free to add me too too. I'm currently* going slightly crazy trying to figure out Carrick's next big post. I'm trying to figure out what to have him do

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 08:55:42

I'm finding this game really fun. I love the fact you have to write so much. The only problem I have is that you can't choose your profession before writeing your character's background. I wanted my character to start a trade in fishing, but that wasn't an option. So my "satolite"'s intro is a lie. However I'm roling in the exp. I accidently leveled up from level 0 to level 2 in one shot. So I only got to raise one stat. It is getting hard to gold though. I do have my first abode though.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2017-02-03 09:41:51

...How did you manage that?????

I keep on failing the trappper job and find it hard to get stuff to do....

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 19:38:10

I'm a blacksmith and have to work at the prison making leg irons. Unfortunitly you need to roll lower or equal to your soul value. My soul is 11, but I still fail sometimes.

2017-02-03 20:25:59

Soul of 11? Jealous....I'm liking the grind though I'm not liking it taking 45 turns out of 64 or 65 or however many it is...either way I get why that is but I wouldn't mind doing two jobs before sleep....ah I can probably do that at some point. Also, simple wood hut for the win yo.....

Screw the defense ratings, I have a wood wall thieves....

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 21:19:25

Okay....rant/opinion time....sit back, grab popcorn and scrolll down and listen to my thoughts.....

1. Turns and wait timers.

I understand fully why they are there. I get that they are needed. But I disagree with having to wait several real hours to refresh any amount of turns. I'll draw a comparison to another game I used to play which used a different system, in that game you had an agility bar/stat that started off at....100, every time you did an action, searches, exploring and so forth it went down. However, if it went down to 1 (the minimum) you didn'weren't locked out. You merely had to wait 30 minutes for it to recharge and you could still do other parts of that game. That to me is a fair system, and you could in fact refill it instantly with in game items.

Again, that's fair.

2. Interaction or....ya know....lack thereof:

Okay. This is probably my pet peeve.

I get you have to get to level up to be allowed into the multiplayer part of things, but....okay, here's an issue I got with the game.

Why exactly, do you have to donate, to get the ability to private message people? When most* other games give oyu that for free as part of the game?

Why not throw in other benefits as part of the donation or member status. Yes, you get access to the brothel (which is AFAIK the only way to train one stat....which is odd), but if they...say...gave PMs as a donator feature and gave you....let's say....an extra 1% gold on each successful job or 1 extra FP for a constructive forum post....that could work too.

I'm not saying straight up give better items to donators, that's a crappy way to do things....but just other benefits to donating rather than PM access and access to one specific area. Yes, I donated. Yes I intend to get my money's worth out of the game....

Okay. Other thoughts...

1. Writing in olde English is...well....here's the thing. It's not actually English. I could actually sit down and work out the correct High German or old Norse word order, but if gets kicked back I will not be happy. So....yeah. Also, Ican actually find texts from the medieval ages and study how they are put together, yet....that doesn't seem to  be how the game is put together, it seems more....Hollywood Old English, or what you assume it ot be. I may well sit down and go through  and start submitting texts to improve the Eld English side of things if I ever feel like it

Next up....what's with the characte r protrait, is there a way to hide that?

Also, random events. I've got a grand total of one in a day here. Stupid cat in the tree. It's a reason I took climbing as a skill JUST TO GET THAT DAMN CAT DOWN! And I still failed the skill roll.....gah....just....fine. That can can stay up there! It got up there in the first place....yet it's scared to come down? Seriously...... Also, curiously, cats weren't mentioned THAT much in writings from medieval times, though admittedly there's not that many that survived...and you have to be picky bout which you source. There's a lot that are....shall we say....economical with the truth.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 23:15:37

an rpg based on Writing? This sounds ... very interesting. I shall check it out when I'm not trying to keep my Eye open big_smile
I really want to get back into Writing and ... eh this one forces me to do that, so. Awesome!

Lol who wants a harlot as their advisor?
"don't forget the condom, sir."
"all of the women on this street are innocent"
"there are no succubis on this street"

Does it require a perfect English with grammar and stuff or is the idea and story more important?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-02-03 23:55:05

EH...it's more button clicking with writing, and it's grindy.

If you can stand the grind, go for it but you need to donate to be able to send PMs, but...eh that's only about $45 a year for that....

Also your stuff is reviewed and needs to be accepted, but the character creation is actually good....just the waiting around gets dull after a while really, though there's some helpful advice in the game.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-04 00:27:51

DracoSelene89, don't be jealous of my soul stat. I started at 8, and had to work for it to reach 11.

2017-02-04 01:18:28

11 is better than 8.

Least it's not 1....so there

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-04 19:57:05

even 1 isz better than 0 lol. My character just died, and I don't have enough fp to reserect them.

2017-02-04 20:26:33

Yes but 8 is still better than 1....

Also, I'm not sure why but my content keeps getting kicked back and I've not changed how I write....hmm....no clue what's going on.

Also on Linux natively

2018-08-05 21:50:38

Wow, there are many different threads here about ROK II. I was searching to find my original one that I update and then found these. There have been tons of updates to the game since this thread was established but even so my latest update is the biggest as I completed War Gaming Text Battle Map for ROK II. You can see the position of other Players and the Enemy. You can command multiple generals and their soldiers all via your browser with details on each of their units: Play Here or view the Discussion. Soon I will move on to the next big project with a different play method and theme: Future Terra II Science Fiction Text Role-Playing Game.

2018-08-06 01:52:19

you mean that development on Ruler of Kings is going to stop?

2018-08-06 01:55:45

Of course not. There are always things to add to ROK, especially the story, however the functionality of the game is complete.

2018-11-08 14:26:55

I've added a new Menu system to ROK II via a "menu" button to the top left. While it is based on CSS I am not sure how it works for blind users. Feedback is welcome here: Blind & ROK II Text RPG

2019-01-03 02:01:47

Check the latest addition to ROK II: ROK II: Unusual Field Tests.

2019-07-19 04:41:41

Hello fellow adventurers. So its been since February of this year since I updated the latest. We've implemented so many things since then, here are some of the major ones:

At the start of the game you can decide your Race which affects game play.

The element of Deities has been added and they can be called upon or worshiped.

Start playing: ROK II Text RPG.

2019-07-19 14:12:19

sorry, is there a way I could get unbanned? I would like to give this another try, yes I know it was my fault to unsubscribe from the email, but back then, I can't stand the tavern messege that flooded my email, without nowing  how to stop them, I got like 10 emails or something. mind to give me another chance, please?, I don't have paypal, and free access to my money.
my english isn't that great, I know, but I would like to learn writing from here, because it's sounds rewarding.

2019-08-22 18:14:47

Here is the most recent update to ROK II: you can select the Dungeon Master you want for your game.

@Jason, I only just saw your message. Send me your Email address privately and I will unban it.

2019-08-23 01:20:45

Pm send. Thanks a lot for understanding smile .

2019-08-23 02:06:56

It has been cleared now, you should be able to register to play ROK II.

2020-03-24 17:31:54

With all the coronavirus issues and more people staying home you can always see what is new with ROK II: Play Game RPG.

2020-03-25 07:43:19

Hi.

I've just signed up, this should be fun.

I'm gone for real :)