2017-01-02 00:12:48 (edited by Rastislav Kish 2017-01-02 00:20:01)

Hello,
there were some requests to create this topic, because of lots of discussion in old, which can possibly discourage new players from trying. So, again:

What is Eurofly?

Eurofly is first geographical atlas and flight simulator for the blind persons, which is allowing them to explore world in theyr computers. It is based on real gps system, so users can easyli find places from the internet or thinked, and explore by arrow keys what is nearby like looking on the real map. Or this can be also reversed, Eurofly has included advanced searching and navigating systems, so user can find interesting places, and get theyr coordinates, or simply explore them by looking around.
To have more fun, Eurofly can work also as a flight simulator. Player can choose from about 30 planes of real models and real parameters, divided to three categories by size to small, medium and big aircrafts.
Next, player can take off and land on hundreds real airports and more in main cities of each state, in which were real airports not added yet.
And that isn't all, if pilot wants to see world, but don't know, which places to browse, he/she can work for Eurofly company in 90 missions, which will lead him on all continents, and show interesting places in tasks of taking various kinds of passengers from one place to other, also with need to know surface which pilot must to learn before starting fly from map, because flight across some states may be dangerous in some situations.
Too complicate? Do not worry, in our help center, you can find complete documentation explaining quickly and understandable all program's functions, as well as few audiotutorials, after which you are ready to explore the map or pilot your aircraft.

If descryption interested you, lets to try it, it is free. Simply visit:
http://eurofly.stefankiss.sk
and enjoy!

2017-01-02 09:06:08

Hi.
The game is extremely impressive, unique and interesting. I will recommend everyone to try out the following:
Choose free flying, choose an airport in your own country and select a destination also in your own country and check out how great and informative a flight you'll get. The thing which I find so impressive with Eurofly is the way we as blind folk can get an idea about the whole world map, and expand what we already know regarding to where countries and even cities in countries are placed. As I'm writing this post, I haven't checked out manual walking yet, but I imagine this being even more interesting. So a big thank you goes to the awesome developers and all those who have helped with the english translation.
Is all the documentation now translated into english? Is it possible to translate the game into other languages? I might consider that in the future.
I'm having an odd issue, which I don't know how to solve:
I'm running the latest version of the game and the latest version of all the voice packs. Pretty often when flying, the tower don't give me the new transmission number. This result in colliding with an other aircraft. I can do a recording so you can hear what it sounds like, because I can make that happen pretty often.
I'm trying to do the mission where I have to avoid Germany. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I get an error as soon as I have parked the flight for completing the mission. I fly north until I get into the next area, then I turn west towards the destination. I can make a recording of this as well, so you can hear how I do it, and hopefully tell me what I am doing wrong.
Again, thank you for the awesome game...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-02 09:12:59

Hello,

this game is truly impressive and I love it. I have one big issue though: The map is at least incomplete. My hometown Solingen in Germany for example, with more than 180.000 inhabitants is not on the map. Also there are Airports such as Frankfurt or Cologne which would be Airports of Category 3 instead of Category 2. I hope you can switch to a more accurate map and change the category of some airports.

Thank you for the great work!

The Answer to the question about life, the universe and everything is?

2017-01-02 09:48:13

Yes, this is true. But, remember, that Stefan Kiss build this map on some free interactive map. We must donate to him and maybe this map will be better. Or, build on another system.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-01-02 11:26:03

Hi all.
Well, an Arabic translation is in the works, we have all what we need to translate, and so far we only have some tasks we haven't yet done, as well as recording some stewards and towers. Can anyone tell me how to submit the translation once it's done?

2017-01-02 11:47:06

Hello.

Sorry about the major delay but here is the Eurofly db page. I actually feel a little bad about not getting it done until now, since when I checked out the game I realized how extensive the project was.
Still hopefully this will let people find the game more easily in the future and learn more about it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-02 13:38:53

Just simple edit, Stefan Kiss is slovak developer.

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2017-01-02 14:05:57

Ah, appologies. When I saw the game was available in both Czech and Slovakian, I assumed Stefan Kiss was Czech for some reason.

Goodness knows why since the first mission has you flying around Slovakkia, ---- obviously I need to play the game more and learn better geography:D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-02 15:08:10

Ahoy all.

As Others have already said, Eurofly is an truly impressive project and the most ambitious undertaken by any developer so far.
If you haven't, I would highly suggest you give it a go.
If the game manual leaves you with questions (I haven't read the latest to say one way or the other), here is what I suggest you do to get started.
First, read this guide to get up and running with Eurofly.
Second, I'd suggest highly suggest you read the file containing keyboard shortcuts.
thirdly, and this is a source of irritation to most if the destination airport is closed, you don't necessarily need to fly over 100km to the nearest airport, just move passed or beyond 2km of your destination airport once it Denys you clearance and turn back to it. When under 2km, ask for landing clearance again.

this facebook page
Posts the latest update's change log,both in English and check? slovak?
These links along with the link in the first post to the game should be all you need to play Eurofly and possibly have fewer doubts.

hth
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-02 15:25:00 (edited by grryfindore 2017-01-02 15:28:20)

Ahoy all.
Sorry for the double post, but that previous post was just suppose to be for the new comers to the game, and I didn't want other stuff added in along with that.
Although it would have been a better idea to reserve post 2, for that matter or have Rastislav add it into the first post. Either way, this'll serve.

Whilst I find the flying asspect of Eurofly extremely fun, I agree with SLJ that its not only the flying simulation in Eurofly that is good,what I really like the most is the walkable world map.
As long as you have gps coordinates of your location, you could enter that and have a walk around your location to see what's where,and get a feel for what lies  where.
This applys to the whole world,of course. in terms of countries,states,city's or towns.
For some people being told x is north of y or ne of y serves, but its not as good as actually getting to know it exactly by walking around. or more like keeping your hand on a page and being told what city, town, or country was under your finger as you moved it.

@SLJ, mission 16 has been a problem for all of us so far and I don't think the bug with it has been fixed yet. What you need to do is do it a few times and hope that you pass it.
The most times that people have had to do it is 4 times, I believe. correctly, of course.
I personally got errors for the first 2 times and managed the third one if I am remembering right.
In regards to the aircraft collision, the issue that has been known to cause it is wrongly named voice/ATC files, if as you say you have the latest versions of the ATC voice files, might I suggest going into the dispatchers folder and checking if the voice files are all beginning with a lowercase letter?
Correct the ones that aren't, and then see if the issue persists.

Yea,Eurofly has a database page now, cheers.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-02 16:13:10

Greetings,
I would like to reply here to asked questions:

SLJ:
it is possible to translate eurofly. Technically, the process itself is quite easy. You need to translate everithing in strings folder, some voice recordings, missions and documentation. when done, send it to stefan or Rastislav.

Rico:
Our aim is to bring digital map of the world for blind people. Later, we added flight simulation as a way to rewiev the map. It was complicated to get map data and put it to gether and make it accessible. Now, we included first version of this map and we know, that it is not accurate. Some towns and islands are missing. We are still working on a accurate and better map. We need to collect milions of points together, so it may take some time. During next year, we will continue working on better simulation but also on accurate map. When talking about Solingen, can you werifi gps coordinates?

grryfindore:
Just to add, we also created mailinglist, so you can get news by e-mail.
1. Send blank e-mail to [email protected]
2. You will receive confirmation e-mail. Simply reply to this e-mail, leave the subject and body as is.
3. You will receive further instructions.
4. After subscribtion you can send your messages to [email protected]

2017-01-02 17:41:58

@ondrosik: Solingen is at 51° 10′ N, 7° 5′ O | The Neighbourtown of Remscheid is at 51° 11′ N, 7° 12′ O | - There are more Towns not on the Map. At the place were Solingen is you find "Len" at the moment on the map, whatever this would be. I understand that it is not easy, but much of the fun in this project is to fly over the map and find routes, test your geographical knowledge and so on.
Regards
Rico

The Answer to the question about life, the universe and everything is?

2017-01-02 19:50:04

@Dark just a correction, the game was not released in October 2016, it was released months before but was not announced on the AG community until October so that's it.

2017-01-02 20:52:49

@Riadd, if anyone knows the official first month of release I'd be glad to update the database page, but I can't really put the date as "months before october 2016", and I'd rather have a date of release than none at all.

2017-01-03 00:06:50

I received first oficial e-mail about this 2. 7. 2016 but it was for czech and slovak community.

2017-01-03 01:04:00

Hello all,
here is main developer of Eurofly.
Thanks to everyone for praise.

@SLJ, yes, complete english documentation is on Eurofly's homepage:
http://eurofly.stefankiss.sk
in help center. Translation is possible too, on request we will send step by step guide how to do it.
Manual map browsing is also interesting, it is possible to move around map with arrow keys, hovever I recommend also browsing with mouse, it is very interesting too.
To your problem, you can do recording of course. hovever, there is a question, have you set frequency correctly? During the flight, frequency can change and if you do not set it, you will not hear dispatchers, and transponder code will be not spoken to you.
So, if you hear "Set frequency!", you must to press f key, and if is "new" before number, you must to set it.
Hope this helps.

@Dark, Eurofly was first time released 2. july 2016.
Stefan

2017-01-03 02:34:58

Hello all. I'm curious, how can i make new missions? I heard it somewhere but cant find information about it.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-01-03 05:53:44

what task i have to finish to ordor unlock the category 3 plain

2017-01-03 08:40:08

Hi Stefan.
Thank you very much for your reply. This is exactly the issue. I hear set freequency, but it doesn't change and reentering it does nothing. I'll make some recordings later so you can hear what is going on.
When I fly north on the mission, fly east around germany and finally west towards the destination, land and park the flight, I get an error which trickers the mission to not be completed. Pressing ctrl f4 doesn't fix this error.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-03 09:28:16

SLJ, what task are you on? I am on task 4.7

2017-01-03 09:33:39

to avoid different country you need to turn 45 degree to the left or to the right and keep press j to track it.

2017-01-03 09:36:01

may be someday i will do some demo

2017-01-03 13:28:30

I can do all of Eurofly if its needed, i'm a captain. smile

2017-01-03 15:29:28

I wonder their is category 4  aircraft?

2017-01-03 16:43:53

No, there isn't.