2016-11-26 17:03:42

it can take a while pationts is required

2016-11-27 05:32:06

it also depends wha your stats are at. you can select what to focus on. when you start, all your stats get almost equal value when using experience. i changed mine to focus on agility. thus when getting experience a major part of it goes to agility.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2016-11-27 21:38:40

Would someone here be interested if we would open another Geas-Topic about where to find quests?

2016-12-08 21:55:57 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2016-12-09 01:26:37)

Hi, just a bump more than anything else because the good MUDs don't get much action if they're not within the first 5 or 6 results on the first page. If you play on Geas and haven't done so, please relate your experiences. This MUD is pretty cool. My new character is called Jonan, a dwarf, the human char I had disappointed me so when he died a bunch, I left him go.

At the moment, he is awaiting someone to induct him into the Skalds, a guild of bards who sing and perform. He is part of the gem cutters' guild in the Dwarven Underground and training up with battles. He has been to Arborea and done tasks there and doing tasks at the Underground.

Dying is pretty rough because you lose stats and its just like fwiw, I went through all that to get a stat increase and now I'm thrown down to the previous rank, ugh, so watch yourself so you don't die. Also get used to the weird english in places like medical wounds of me for healing critical wounds, try to not let that get out of hand.

***** ADDENDUM *****

Then there is the death system, which I find to be pretty rough indeed. OK, so you go along trying to find your way, doing tasks which really trains you up, you don't really do much without aid of other players, which is fine, its an RP MUD. You get one freeby, in that your first death is essentially forgiven, you get resurrected. I don't know what the hit penalty there is, but you may or may not be able to get to your belongings. If you jump in the river then probably not. But how can you ever learn to swim if you don't jump in the river, even with all your gear off, stored in a tent in the nude you thrash about like a mongrel dog. So how can you learn to swim, if Geas is a learn by doing type of MUD. but that's not the bad part, the bad part is if you get into a fight and either don't tend to your wounds, or you get knocked out. If you get knocked out, its about 75% you can kiss that body goodbye. So, I like the overall feel of this, you get resurrected by priests. An NPC priest can do the job, but it really makes you come back a weakling, like I'm talking 3 month old baby status, hell even a 3 month old baby can do more by flailing accidentally. You get your stats dropped and you can kiss that hard earned rank or ranks goodbye. So the penalty for death is stat loss, skill loss, possible loss of belongings, and if you get resurrected by an NPC priest, it really rocks your faith to the point where if you want to stay a follower of that God, you really gotta get some sacrifices in or damn but you'll lose faith and then where are ya. The good part about getting healed up by a PC priest is that they can do the job, then preach for ya to try to augment the faith loss. They need a corpse and the corpse is partly reflected in how you come back from what I understand. Not that if you get the corpse of a snottling, you'll end up 3 armed or anything, but subtle things can creep in, again, from what I understand.

It's rough, you can set how much of your experience gets divvied into each stat, but it takes forever to rank up and to lose that sucks.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-09 01:42:48

Hi Ironcross! I found out how our problem with the attacking was caused. Sometimes the stop hunting (name) dont work exactly. It is allways best to type: stop hunting all.
If you want, find me in arborea and introduce yourself to me.

2016-12-09 03:34:28

I created an alias stop hunting foe. I don't why I turned to you and attacked you because I had done that, lol and I tried to stop it.

My char is a ghost at this point, I kinda ragequit, just for a while, I was annoyed

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-09 04:25:48

Ah, nevermind! It was funny! We have to repeat this! I like this sparring a lot!

2016-12-09 05:00:16

yeah, it was fun.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-09 05:57:37

just so everyone noes when you die and lose stats, you get your stats back over time there not gone forever

2016-12-09 15:32:46

ehh? ah well... Last night I got a new body.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-10 02:13:21

hello all
good to see a few getting into this mud. i really enjoy it for the most part.
though one issue i am coming across is tasks or quests, which ever you prefer.
Sadly the only way to improve stats is through tasks, which isn't too bad.
But the issue for me is, that it is hard to find any. I really expected many tasks but either they are to a minimum or just very scatterred and hidden.
So i thoguht, if anyone else was having trouble finding tasks, i could list a few here. I won't spoil how to do them, but i am happy to give locations.
The more simplier ones are along cities. So i have done those in arborea, elvandar, and the underground.
If anyone has questions about them let me know and i am happy to help.
enjoy!

because x is always 10!

2016-12-10 02:22:49

doing stats only help either with your brain stats, or with your pref stats stats go up based on the skills that use them as you raise your skills you have to guess though which stats and skills go with each other

2016-12-10 02:58:44

I am on most of the day now, fighting up training up, I wanted to get into the Skalds with this char but I cannot find someone to mentor me, that's the thing heh. I also wanted to become a priest of Asral as well, but first I must become a worthy follower.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-10 03:38:22

HMM, you have to wait 8 real days till you can join the scalt guild.

2016-12-10 18:03:53

Ah I see.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-11 08:50:04

yes to join any of the main guilds. for example rangers, which my char just joined. you ask the npc and they put in an application. if you meet noone to mentor you. about a week, an actual week, you can check in again and the npc will accept you.

because x is always 10!

2016-12-11 18:11:56

Yeah I am a Skald now. I am trying to scrape enough gold to buy an instrument, I think I will go for the guitar for 10G, I wanted a lyre, but they have one for like 21G, no way I can get that much together, its an ornamented lyre, and I don't need a fancy one, just one I can play. I am learning Boreal and Quenya now. That way, I can learn the songs. i think it will be fun to do performances, especially with other bards.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-12 22:52:10

OK, cool, i am a scalt too. So lets meet and perform some songs together.

2016-12-13 00:22:01

Hey Ironcross, can you leave a message on the board in the scalt guild with your request and where to find you?

2016-12-13 04:56:17

Hmm i don't know about posting on the board other than introductory stuff.

I am on the game all the time, I am on right now, I am in Arborea. I don't know many songs because I can't learn languages well I think I need text other than Lerfal's training.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-13 23:37:38

i would, some quests are a bit tricky and i have run out of them. i did the ones in cities but to find the ones out of the city, is more difficult. i thought perhaps there would be more quests but i think there is not as many as i thought. it would be rather beneficial especially sees quests are the only way to boost your stats.

because x is always 10!

2016-12-14 00:47:22

Yeah one thing that I am stuck on now is that every time I train with Lerfal in the Skald's hall, my Boreal is not increasing, and I am throwing increasingly more and more coin at it and it is wasted time and money. So I can't learn any more Boreal, I can try to learn Quenya, but I don't want to reach the same issue in time there. So I am at a point of not being able to learn songs because of language issues. I have tried to hunt down books in Boreal but can't find any.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-15 13:15:47

Thanks for this.  I've been looking for another rp mud.  I think that the connection info should be moved to post 1 though so people aren't looking down the thread for it.

2016-12-15 15:09:56

for some reason the makers of threads never are bothered to do such a thing if the maker doesn't I'll just make a new thread or something

2016-12-15 16:26:59

well we don't really need 2

End racism
End division
Become united