2016-11-05 15:56:09

Hi again everyone,

AudioGames.net is currently blocked by our host due to a spam attack. We are fixing it at this very moment. In the meanwhile, should you want to converse about audio games, please use this AudioGames.net backup forum:
http://audiogamesforum.creativehero.es/

We hope to be back soon via our main URL. We're currently trying to find out what happened but have to await a reply of our host to see what went wrong. Currently, we've found nothing so far and we'll keep you up to date!

2016-11-05 18:43:19

Thanks Sander for keeping up with this and keeping up with the security.
I hope it's not something which requires too much effort to fix and that we can get back up and running as smoothly as possible just as we did after the last major spam attack a few years ago, also I hope people find this forum to carry on the discussion until things get back to normal, (I've shared the link on the audeasy list but I'm not sure where else to publicize it).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-05 20:14:33

good luck audiogames team

2016-11-05 21:02:08

I wish you good luck.

2016-11-06 08:10:47

I'm really glad that the forum is back at least, missed reading it. smile lets just hope there won't be to many problems and the main one will be back with us soon!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-11-06 14:24:57

Blimey. Checked the new topic count this morning. 3. Hopefully people will be able to find this version of the forum.

2016-11-06 22:34:51

I have reminded people on the audeasy list about this temporary location for the forum, but if anyone else wants to spread the word that would be useful, though hopefully Richard and Sander will be able to get things back to normal sooner rather than later.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-07 08:55:33

Ah, nice to see the lights are still on. Been hearing rumblings on tech sites of new [IoT bot nets] being deployed in the wild, hope this isn't the case.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-11-07 13:45:43

Hi! Still working on this. We're discussing with our host how to find what's the issue because so far no one has found what's the matter. 
Thanks for your patience!
Sander

2016-11-07 14:54:34

Ouch.

2016-11-07 15:34:52

Well i tried to post a topic on the applevis ios gaming forum with this forum's new temporary location, and it seems to have been summarily deleted by the moderators I presume because they saw it as "advertising", though since they gave me no rhyme or reason for the topic's deletion I can't be sure.

I must confess I'm a little peaved, particularly since they planely did not read the topic before  deleting it and because sites about accessible games should be trying to help each other, ---- heck look at all the links to applevis we post here.
Still there's not a lot that can be done, I'll just not bother discussing anything audiogames.net related on the applevis forum in future, though I'm sad my effort to diseminate the news that we're still running has been blocked this way.

2016-11-07 23:29:43 (edited by Slender 2016-11-07 23:30:38)

So it has nothing to do with domain hosting? Because I noticed from a quick whois lookup that the domain expires in a few days. And also, is the main audiogames.net site backed up as well?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-11-08 00:12:11

Hi, to reassure you, the domain has been renewed a month ago (this happens automatically), we have full backups and the domain host agreed upon unblocking the site, but then the site didn't become available yet. I assume this happens tomorrow morning Dutch time. Sorry to scare you, but AudioGames.net will be back and we're doing what we can to bring the site up again.

2016-11-08 14:02:37

Well, looks like audiogames.net is back, but noone can log in from that address at the moment. I was trying to login from forum.audiogames.net, and it was driving me crazy that it kept saying that a cookie had not been set. Eventually, I managed to use tcpdump to find out that the domain of the cookie was set to .creativehero.es, and not .audiogames.net. Heh.

2016-11-08 15:07:14

Sorry for the glitch, this should be fixed by now!

2016-11-08 16:19:07

hi all, i m@sory for the trub@le yr going through. Is there any games till available or they moved some where else? I look forward to commenting on games u played and i probbly havnt downloaded. Hope yr al ok and i support u all for frustasion isnt wat we need. Cool n'd calm.