2016-08-23 09:01:44

Not yet, unfortunately. I still can't find the code source to change it through sqlite. But I'm still updating it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-10-24 01:58:06

So is this just basically a lost cause? Or is it still being worked on?

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2016-10-24 04:01:13

hello,
it still being worked on, I believe

2016-10-24 04:57:19

If you mean my mod, yeah I'm improving it from time to time, but not yet ready to release until it has enough feature to satisfy you guys, +until that hard way of setting it up is fixed. It makes me sad everytime when I know someone uses my pack and joins, and doesn't feel satisfied with it, even more when I get a feedback saying it's hard to set up and the mud is confusing. I'm trying my best to help you guys.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-10-24 21:36:42

Maybe we can help?  What are you trying to do that is hard?

2016-10-25 01:53:23

If you know how to edit a sqlite file, sure. What I need is to default the script, world and plugins and everything to the general mushclient folder, like in uoss pack.

2016-11-09 16:17:22

So a little off topic here, but I have working internet after not having it for a year, Anyways my question is, can I use one of my characters on their stil, or do I need to create a new one? Not sure what has changed if anything as far as that goes.

Audio game king

2016-11-09 23:50:50

characters are permanant on clok. as long as you remember the name and password, or can retrieve new password if you forget, you're set.

2016-12-01 02:45:56

After what seems like forever, I finally got my lazy ass up and upload this version. If you have sounds from the previous pack customized, don't forget to back up before you install and set up this new update. A bunch of sounds are changed.

Changelog:
*more ambiance and steps added for the following types of terrain: planes (not to confuse with grass sounds), hills and mountains, and mud.
*Druids rejoice: you can now type root someone to try to root the person down. You don't have to type cast 702 anymore.
*A bunch of battlecries and grunt sounds are added, player and enemy sounds are separated. All attack sounds are deleted and changed to fit this new change.
*Sounds for the following moves and actions are added: hamstring, disarm, grapple, gaia warning (not guaranteed).
*a bunch of old codes are rewritten, stealth penalty on plane sight should have some whooshing sound as a warning. I have to gag the output for some weapon sounds to work, since the line itself is merged with the combat text. You may occasionally hear the whoosh when you hide, indicating penalty.

Enjoy! Feel free to report, as usual.

2016-12-01 10:19:27

woo let's check it out!

2016-12-31 21:59:25

Very good news below!

I finally found a way to direct script path, so in the next update, it's possible that you people don't have to go through the pain of copying and adding anything anymore. And in fact, again, it's not sqlite as I thought it was. It was just simple direct code I didn't think of.
The update's gonna be out shortly, with cool stuff added of course!

Happy new year!

2017-01-02 08:35:10

Nicely done, I'll wait for the new link.  Sadly the game is dying, as people seem to be moving to somnium, or other rpi muds.

2017-01-02 10:05:32

The game is not dying. I saw 12 people on today and it made me feel overjoyed.

2017-01-03 11:28:52

Wow, every time I look, their's maybe 2 people on not including Jirato.

2017-01-03 14:56:57

It's the matter of time really. People tend to be around either during the day or evening american time (which is night and morning my time lol).

Upcoming changes, might be more or less depends on how many insects I find in my pack:
- gag some useless strings.
- web sounds are finally fixed.
- Much easier to set up, new read me file included in the pack. The bundled version is removed, but those who want mushclient or mush-z to go with clok can ask in this topic.
- more blacksmithing, knapping, fletching and leatherworking sounds added.
- more movement and action sounds and possibly some socials too if I have enough time to work on it.
- Recode nethre sounds, including power and when a ghost faids. Possibly adding alcchemical damage soon too if I can work around the wildcard glitch.
- Riln sounds, guild point and task notification sounds (for some tasks only).
- some sounds are changed, including channeling and stealth. Some functions are changed and recoded to fit the changes as well.
- possibly some flavor ambiance sounds to go with strings, if I have time to gather all for every areas. Some might be added though, if not all.
- some foraging sounds are changed and more are added.
- fatigue strings are recoded and make based on note instead of panning, in case people with hearing impaire want to play clok.
- unconscious and poison sounds to go with everything. Those who fight spiders will sure feel more at ease.

And if I get more specific strings for specific guild related stuffs, or specific abilities, more will be added. I can't promise I'll be able to add all of what's said above in this very near update though. May be some.

2017-01-04 01:03:22

I actually went back on the game and tried it again today to see if they finally after all this time fixed the horrendous lag, and the answer is a resounding no. I just don't see how anyone, I do mean anyone could play the game with the amount of lag I'm experiencing, which, in my nearly 3 years of MUDding, I have never seen on another system as I have seen on this. This lag is so out past anything I have experienced on another MUD, it's just crazy. I know I have complained along this score before, but its honestly disappointing to me because I like what I see, but I just can't deal with a 300ms to 2s lag on every single command I type, whether its looking in a bag, reading a sign or whatever. And no, I don't consider the commands that give you roundtime to be lag because its a design feature, just to be clear, I have no problem with that. I don't know if its a bad network, bad code, or both, maybe the codebase is taking up too much memory on the machine and disk swapping is occurring. I never hear people talk about this so I'm curious, how do you get used to this lag. I not only can't, I won't. If you want people to play on your game then you need to do everything in your power to make the thing run smoothly and efficiently. MUDding is a dying art and everything is in competition, so fix your code. I think also if they know they have network issues, to be straight with the playerbase and maybe they can kick in to help get Clok running on a better server. It sounds to me like they got a sloppy coder or two on there not caring or not skilled enough to write clean, tight, efficient code. Man its so disappointing, I want to play, but I can't be dealing with that kind of lag on every single stinking thing I type, its like being on dial-up again. I don't expect anything to be done at this point, I'm just grumbling.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-04 03:06:07 (edited by mata 2017-01-04 03:07:59)

I don't feel a thing. Or may be I'm just use to it. Clok is always not a fast paste mud for me, and I like when it's slow that way. The only time I feel a thing is when my own crappy internet lags me to death during a battle.
If anyone think this is a serious problem to report, please bbs it. I'm more than willing to thumb you up for more new clokfaces will be happier to be part of us.

2017-01-04 06:35:33

to mutch plujans maybe could  cost a lag, I am not sure though, I was  encounter a huuuge lag too, but when I remove some of the plujans the lag is slitely gone somehow, or maybe that just my connection rofl
anyways, waiting for the new version!, gogo!

2017-01-04 08:42:35

What plugins did you remove?

2017-01-04 11:07:59

chat, current output window, Omit_Blank_Lines, copy_output, gag, etc , sounds not make any sence though

2017-01-04 16:26:47

I'm talking about a fresh world with no plugins, I don't even like to use sound packs, the only plugins running are mushreader and channel history, I hate outputfunctions plugin, I don't like a lot of the other ones either, except the luaaudio, but since I don't use soundpacks.

Yes, it is a serious problem, I'm talking about a 300ms to 2 second lag on anything I type, and I really don't expect them to do anything about it. Idk man but I just can't wrap my head around how people deal with this much lag. Most MUDs you type and hit enter and instantly the response is there, not Clok, its variable lag but it is constant in that there is always lag there

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-04 16:33:40

I admit clok is one mud with slow command activation. But it's never been a problem to mee since I started playing until now, almost a year. Then again, you won't get any fix or respond here. Jirato doesn't come to check that often. The best way is to bbs or have someone bbs it so everyone can see the problem. I'm willing to support you guys. Talking about it around here doesn't lead you anywhere.

2017-01-04 19:20:55

I'd ask Jirato to come around here and answer Ironcross's question, that way we have a definite answer.

2017-01-04 20:26:46

Jirato has an account here. He probably forgot or something. gms are rather busy these days.

2017-01-04 21:47:45

We'll see if that happens or not, I'm frankly a bit skeptical. Either way My problem is with the latency which I find is pretty bad. I just can't get into getting into it if that makes any sense. There are a lot of cool features there, but if you are inhibited by 300ms to 2 sec lag, and no I'm literally not exaggerating, then I just cant be bothered. anyway, I don't want to rehash old points.

End racism
End division
Become united