2016-10-14 04:19:18

I tryed contacting assitiveware and they said that they don't know or they wouldn't respond. So yeah. Uh, jwho is the voice of Josh, I know someone can do this! Thanks, Have a good day!

2016-10-14 05:57:46

Dude Josh and Ella are kid voices done by kids. Obviously you are not going to be able to find out who they are as they will be protected as they should be.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-10-14 09:18:39 (edited by Slender 2016-10-14 09:19:19)

The entire TTS space is like this, not just Josh or Ella. The people behind these voices are often very difficult to find, plus companies don't like to disclose them. Good luck finding the voice actors behind these.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-10-14 13:42:38

Hi guise. Does any of you know who is behind eloquence?
I'm wondering if he can pronounce those eloquence crash words lol.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-10-15 05:47:38

I like so much Abel Folk. Is the one that created Loquendo and Vocalizer Jorge. I know this name and I well, shur I.

73 Wj3u

2016-10-22 22:35:47

Hi all,
I know that the german voice of vocalizer, vocalizer Anna, is voiced by Heike Hagen.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2016-10-23 01:11:07

The voice of Vocalizer Yelda is Yelda Uğurlu
Does anyone know who the voice of Microsoft Tolga is? It's the first Turkish voice microsoft has ever made

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-10-23 03:54:18

3 of the members of festival's development team lent their voices to the festival tts engine. kal is voiced by kevin lenzo (who now works at cepstral), clb is voiced by catheren broumen, and awb is voiced by scottish researcher and website maintainer alan black.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-10-23 10:58:38

And I always asked to me how the names of loquendo voices are. Especially for the germany voices loquendo Stefan and loquendo Katrin. And the american voices loquendo Dave and loquendo Allison. These voices are awesome!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2016-10-23 11:26:44

I don't remember the voice of Loquendo Dave quite well, but I've heard from someone that this same voice is now Microsoft David in Windows 8 and 10. Is it true?

2016-10-23 13:20:40

That would be interesting. I have a computer with win 10, I'll test this, hope I find the point where to hear the voice there.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2016-10-23 14:25:46

I need to find this link again, but there was a website that had every phrase spoken by every Festival voice as a wav file. Most of the time there were about 1132 phrases they spoke.

2016-10-23 18:21:01

Wow! That link would be very interesting, I hope you'll find it again. Gosh! So many phrases!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2016-10-24 18:58:52

lady parsec's voice is that of aubry anderson, who was a college student at the time her voice was recorded in 1981.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-11-15 23:16:42

So you guys wanted the link? Well, I found it at last! There are zip files in here, just download them. The wav files are in the wav directory, and these phrases were the ones the poor Festival folks had to read. Enjoy!

2017-09-03 23:22:00

wow! great posts and information. I am learning quite a bit. That dectalk interview was just epic.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2017-09-07 21:31:23

I believe September Day is the voice of Ivona Sali. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0jSZePDLVs

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-09-08 09:41:05 (edited by mahedee 2017-09-08 10:03:26)

I wonder who is VW jaims. Siriusly he's voice is vary good for reading books.

2017-09-08 09:58:52

Someone asked about Voiceware ro NeoSpeach Julie and Kate and Paul as well.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-09 10:52:05

owe, could this topic all reddy be 3 pages long? well, I would like to know, if there are any, persons behind all those Microsoft voices spetially Sam. He  leaves such lovely  memories. big_smile

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-12-30 07:49:04

Hi everyone, I am going to revive this thread to hopefully get some sort of clarification on a few things. I'm also working on something a little exciting, I hope.
I saw a PDF file that contained instructions on how to build a speech synthesiser using a Moog Synthesiser module and various electronic manipulatives. Still, I wonder what people do exactly to model someone's voice. For instance, is eSpeak modelled after someone, or is it purely formant and not based on any model? Is there an in-between category between formant and concatenative? For instance, I heard that Eloquence and Microsoft Sam were primarily formant, but they also had some concatenative elements that were processed with digital signal processing as well.
The Wikipedia article indicated that there was a third type of speech synthesis called articulatory speech synthesis, but it didn't describe hot it was made, or at least, it didn't delve into the details of the processes needed to model someone's vocal tract to make a speech synthesiser out of it.
@FlybyChow, you said before you were interested in making your own speech synthesiser using concatenation. I.E. Using small segments of your voice along with some digital signal processing, or have someone model your vocal tract by recording different things to make an analysis. I don't know if there are accessible spectograms or whatever it is they use to replicate someone's voice using tones and noise. Anyhow, look at posts 52 and 57 of this topic. http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=8877
I found these recordings in the Festvox demo. http://www.festvox.org/history/klatt.html

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-12-30 10:20:45

Well, Apple did a good job with Speech synth Alex. Wonder who could be behind this. Is it based off human voices, or Apple written it completely from scratch? We never know what Apple did with this synth.

2017-12-30 11:03:08

I think it is safe to say that Apple did use someone to concatenate his voice. Obviously he recorded a whole bunch of words, phrases, syllables, breath sounds, etc, sort of like Vocaloid. But to make it really high quality, that is another thing. Maybe Apple has some secret algorithm. But the fact that Apple is secretive about many things is the reason why they are one of the top leading money-making companies in the world.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-12-30 22:07:30

Microsoft Sam is diphone based, and eloquence is formant based. They don't use any combination of both.
There is a type of synthesis where you record some speech and then the recordings are used to create an Approximation of there vocal tract.
This type of synthesis is called Hidden Markov Models and is used in engines such as modern Microsoft and Google TTS.

2017-12-31 01:48:47

The question is: how? Can you give us an example of how you would take someone's recording and make a vocal tract out of it? What software programmes would you need to do it? Could you do that with Audacity?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy