2009-05-22 20:25:07

Man, this game is fantastic, I just can't figure out how to get myself on the ground before I end up at "that air base up in the sky".  ONe suggestion I have that might get shot down here because I don't know anything about dog-fighting, wouldn't make sense to not have to obtain a complete lock on someone before firing your guns--isn't the theory behind a machine gun strafing in order to take out your target or even multiple targets?  Or, when you're flying, do you always have to obtain a lock no matter what you're using?

2009-05-22 20:40:09

Just letting yall know that the XBox 360 control does not work all that well with this game. You can use it to take off, but you can't steer with it. The right trigger is the gass and and the left acts like the break in this game. Alsso from what I can tell, the left joystick does what it is supposed to do. I guess this game shines its best with a flight stick. Just letting yall know what controlers not to use with this game. Trust me, I've even tried the right stickon this controler and it does nothing wich doesn't surprise me.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-05-22 21:41:04

did you try to remap the keys?

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2009-05-23 01:11:29

Yeh I did and didn't see any thing in there relating to steering and to the rudder. other then that, you can fly with the controler. gather from reading from the doc, this is a function of the stick on a flight stick instead of a button. I did some reading around on the web and found that other people really couldn't use the XBox controler in any or very little of the flight sems out there.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-05-24 05:13:53

Drv:
I may have found a solution to your DirectX problem, which was sparked by someone saying on the Audyssey list that they did not have to install SlimDX and the game ran fine. Because SlimDX is included with the TDV setup, the only thing you really need is the latest DirectX--SlimDX installer installs this for you, but you can also download it manually from Microsoft. Download the web installer which will install the latest DirectX update, then try running TDV. Let me know if this works for you.

2009-05-24 05:23:32

hi.
hmmm, i can't download the file of directx bekause the genuine verification in microsoft's site
that sees if i'm running the original version of windows.
i don't know if im, i'm not 100% sure, and if they identify that, basicaly i'm funked up
i think. this is a generic version that i'm using, i believe.
so, if anyone can upload the small file that will get the new components updated of directx to
sendspace or send to my email, i'll really love it.
thanks again munawar!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-24 18:16:10

ok this is a problem i seem to have. when I go to land the plane i try everything from decreaseing my air speed, but I can never seem to stay lined up with the target for vary long. Who has had  success landing the plane, can you give me any tips? thanks

Audio game king

2009-05-25 00:24:54

I haven't had success yet, but I'm betting that this would be something that you would enjoy having a flight stick for this. OK, here's a tip I've heard from the audisy list. You don't need to be exzackly lined up with the beakon. Just keep orbiting the beakon until you get low enough to land. As far as I can tell you need to get pretty low before dropping your speed and dropping out of the sky.

DropBox Referral

2009-05-25 01:30:19

DRG, mind the language.

For some reason the swear filter seems to be not working properly right now, curious.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-05-28 14:59:37

scrawny42 wrote:

Man, this game is fantastic, I just can't figure out how to get myself on the ground before I end up at "that air base up in the sky".  ONe suggestion I have that might get shot down here because I don't know anything about dog-fighting, wouldn't make sense to not have to obtain a complete lock on someone before firing your guns--isn't the theory behind a machine gun strafing in order to take out your target or even multiple targets?  Or, when you're flying, do you always have to obtain a lock no matter what you're using?

Hi,
There are several things you need to pay attention to when landing--it's much more involved than taking off. First, when you're below 1000 feet decrease your speed to the point where you start to get the stall warning alarm. Second, don't forget to deploy your landing gear! smile. Third, make sure your nose angle isn't too steep--I recommend anywhere above negative ten. Finally, make sure you're less than five miles away from the landing beacon; remember that it's right in the middle of the runway, so as long as you're less than five miles away from it you're fine.

As for the machine guns, yes you need to get a lock before firing. Spraying the area with bullets isn't a good idea when engaged in an aerial dogfight. smile. Because your bullets will be taken over by gravity and plummet toward the ground soon, spinning around in circles and hoping you get someone isn't te most practical way to do things. Now if you were playing a first person shooter...that'd be a different story altogether. Good luck!

2009-05-28 15:10:29

cw wrote:

Just letting yall know that the XBox 360 control does not work all that well with this game. You can use it to take off, but you can't steer with it.

Hi,
Now there's a controller I haven't played with. I think it'd be worthwhile to get it working though. I'm not sure how much precision you'd get however. I haven't tried any of the newer controllers but on the older ones, for instance the PS II controller, you had a directional pad, and a joystick. As far as I'm aware, no game operated differently if you held the stick mid-left, or all the way left--it functioned just like if you pressed left on the directional pad. I guess I'll have to buy an XBOX 360 controller and see what I can do with it. If you want you can Email me and we can experiment with it further. My views have always been that the game should never be a limiting agent--it should only be the amount of money or resources the player has. So I'm up for the task to get your controller usable with TDV. I'll be moving soon, but after that we can start playing around with it and see what we come up with. Either way it'll be interesting to see what exactly we can get it to do, even though it may not work flawlessly with the game.

2009-05-29 02:47:06

OK.I'll have to get that email sent to you. I can tell you that the joy stick for the most part works like a joy stick. The farther you pushed in a direction the faster you will go. The bad thing is, it's very sensetive do to the fact that you can't go as far as a flight stick. I have crash do to the fact I pull to far back, where as if I had a flight stick, I would have known for sure that I was going to steep. OK, pulling all the way back is to steep I would think. You will get more precision with a flight stick. my controller is really tuchy. I wasn't that alarm once I've read that others had problems geting this controler to work with other flight sims. So the thought ran threw my mind that if I really want to play this game to the fullest I would go pick up a flight stick. Anyway, your email adress is on your sight right, or do you want me to just email you threw the form? I can also send you the drivers for the Xbox 360 controller unless you want to search microsoft's site for the latest drivers. the controller cost me around $50.

DropBox Referral

2009-05-30 22:46:00

hi everyone,
has anyone else had this problem?
when I try going into a racing mode game, I press enter on start flight, and I here the beep that you here when you move in the menus but there is no more speech and I can't start the race and I can only go back

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2009-05-31 10:29:33

I really like this game. Its pritty cool. When its out, I see if I can buy it... But I am not sure.

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.

2009-06-17 21:29:57

Hi Kevinweisi,
Thanks for the comments, glad you like the game.

Db: If you can explain more what's going on I may be able to help you.

2009-06-20 02:44:37

basically, when I press start flight, I hear the beeps, but pressing enter doesn't do anything and I can only press escape

2009-06-22 23:17:50

It sounds like your SAPI is't working. If you selected racing mode, once you select start flgith you're in a track selection menu. Just press Enter and the game will start.

2009-06-23 04:59:29

if my sapi works in the rest of the game why wouldn't it work in the track menu?

2009-06-29 18:11:48

Hi,
If you're geting a silent track selection menu, you're sapi isn't working at all. If you can describe to me exactly what you hear after you select start flight it'd be helpful. Eg. Does this only happen when you select racing mode? Do you still hear the menu music? "Hearing a beep" after selecting start flight could be several things, but again the only reason you'd get a silent menu is if you're sapi isn't working at all. The rest of the game uses self-voicing, so it's not sapi you're hearing, with a few exceptions.