2016-08-07 22:44:43

hi, so I am wondering, how playable actually is dissidia FF? how do you navigate the map, pick up items, levelling your character, equipping items, and more stuff?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-08-08 02:32:50

i can't tell much yet, as i've not gotten that far through the game. i'm currently testing all of naruto games for psp. those games are playable so far, yet means you'll have to mill around a level for an hour or even more to find a way to progress. tailes of the heroes twin brave goes the same way.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-08-08 06:42:37

Sadly, riviera doesn't seem to work with ppsspp. The initial language option screen is there but nothing happens after selecting one. That really sucks as riviera is one of the better games. Glad I still have my UMD.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-08-08 07:02:22 (edited by mata 2016-08-08 07:05:48)

riviera works but you have to leave it open and spam some keys multiple times then wait for a few minutes. i thought the same way when i first tried it. now i have english and jp versions running at the same time.
I wonder if there're playable or accessible games out there for psp that aren't of straight up fighting, shooting or beat 'em up types.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-08-08 07:11:48

That's strange, i didn't have any problems with it so far.
At the language select screen, choose one with the left or right arrow keys and press x for the psp console itself or press z on an emulator. The default voice is in english, and you can't change it after making your choice.
After picking english or japanese as your voice language, you'll be presented with an opening narration. You can skip it if you want, or hear the entire story.
Once it's finished, the main menu comes up.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2016-08-09 13:19:24

So, I downloaded untold legends, brotherhood of the blade, and I figured out what the problem is. It's the wrong untold legends. You actually want warrior's code. That one is actually playable and the one I had the UMD for.

2016-08-09 17:38:44

it was the warriors code that i had problems with, and now i still can't get past the menu because of said reason.

2016-08-09 19:55:22

I have the warriors code also, but the problem that I am having is at the menu screen, same like everyone else.

2016-08-10 00:41:13

So I remembered what the deal with the menu is. You're most likely at the character creation screen. You need to alocate points into stats. You move up and down and use right and left to add or subtract points. Once you're done you'll be able to start.

2016-08-10 01:38:12

Also, it seems there are no default keyboard controls for the analog stick, so certain games can't be played, and the option to change them isn't accessible.

2016-08-10 04:26:39

ga, what a shame. let's see then if i can give it a try.

2016-08-10 07:23:16

ok so after allocating some stats, what should I do? pressing X doesn't start the game.

2016-08-10 08:00:42

Hi.
I have Untold Legends for psp. I haven't played the game since 2008 I think, so I don't remember much from the game. I got sighted help to get the game started.
The game is playable at the beginning, but later on, the areas get so big so they are impossible to navigate. I haven't messed much around with upgrating the characters, so I don't know how that works. There are many items you can find and equip, and I don't see how a blind gamer should know what item he have picked up. So I dropped the game after having played it for a while.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-08-10 08:53:21 (edited by mata 2016-08-10 08:54:07)

yeah, screen seems to be a bit of problem for me as well, even though i got the game to play at last. Where's the item or whatever select screen so far? And can anyone explain the controls of the game? I can figure out most of them, but there are probably more that i missed.

2016-08-10 12:11:59

Hi.
Are their maybe some ways to optimize the performance of ppsspp?
Cause the problem is that for example mortal kombat unchained just seems like a machine gun to me when it comes to for example the storie in the beginning or the music, everything is so freaking fast, I don't get why this is.
And on the same note, MLB 06 sometimes is stuttering as hel and I don't know why.
BTW, Up to which MLB can blind players still play the full game, and is that road to MLB mode accessible too, together with the season mode? Just playing exibition matches is getting boring after a while.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-08-10 16:29:05

Hi all. i'm trying to play riviera. After the language screen, it says it can't load system data or something like that, and no matter what I do nothing happens. sad

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-08-11 02:28:50

For riviera, not sure how to fix it.
I don't have that problem myself, the game loads for me after selecting a language

2016-08-11 04:17:35

as i said, for people encounterring lag when loading riviera within ppsspp, spam the keys and wait. for the error...that i'm not sure.
and for people who find that ppspp lags or stutter or has unsteady speed a lot, try setting frameskipping to 8. make sure you have the latest version though.

2016-08-11 06:01:14

So has anyone gotten megaman maverick hunter x to work? It doesn't work with the version I have, which is built into open emu.

2016-08-11 06:21:57

Same too. It doesn't work on my version either. Same goes for lotr tactics, it doesn't work after the intro plays

2016-08-11 21:06:15

have anyone played 300: march to glory? if yes, is that game playable?

2016-08-11 21:12:48

Hi.
Well, there is an audio sample of the game on brandoncole.net, which was done by assault freak I guess.
So, I guess that's playable.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-08-11 21:51:09

you are correct, the sample is done by assault_freak.
will check that sample soon, right now I am downloading the game. but someone says that in some partss you need sighted help.

2016-08-12 09:04:10

No, I don't find the game very much playable. There is so much noise so you can't really hear when you are walking, and I find the areas difficult to navigate.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-08-13 15:01:43

Sorry for the late reply everyone. My laptop was broken and my windows along with all in my C: got wiped.
For those using ppsspp, make sure you have to latest version which is 1.2 something.
mm maverick hunter x and rm iregular hunter x both work on ppsspp 1.2 which i'm using. Bleach soul carnivals however, don't work.
300 is playable. the sighted help part can be bypassed using the usefulness of save state of your emulator, unless you're unfortunate enough to have actual psp and no emu.