2009-04-11 04:39:26

*sigh* okay, here is what is going on with my work with Sound rTS and sound conversion (for those of you waiting for me to make any progress). I have found the Warcraft 2 sounds (and I am pretty sure it's all of them) and am tryign to convert them into the OGG extension that Sound RTS uses. It seems that I am having troubles with Audacity and everytime I try to open multiple files, Audacity crashes, and my computer goes on the fritz. I guess I am goign to have to convert all the sounds one by one. So my estimated date of having the conversions to OGG up by tomorrow night is not goign to happen. sad

I will have pretty much all  day Saturday to work on it, so we'll see what happens, and I'll start tonight and hope nothing crashes on me.

On a good note (continued from Hypothetical SoundRTS 2 thread) I QUIT! I am done with boxes and the rest can just continue to live and be left alone for a while! tongue

Visit my site at VI Tek Talk.
A discussion forum for cross platform, cross device adaptive tech as well as adaptive tech insociety and different cultures.

2009-04-11 06:03:09

There is no file batch processing and/or a sort of scripting in audacity ?
I know that some comercial products have that function.

I have a very simple idea ... it's possible to convert them all in a row with winamp using some plugins. Telle me if you want to know more. Of course, it's just for converting, you can't modify them in the process.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-04-11 07:39:29

Hello and thanks. Actually, you can do batch processes in Audacity. I just think there are some slight issues with my computer. I managed to get it all finished though. Here is what I have so far, and might be working on it more in the near future. We'll see how it goes with this though. Warcraft 2 sounds, and instructions:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fxuy4h

You will need an unzip program (usually Winrar is best for Windows, bhut everyone has their favorites. The Readme and instructions.txt is the first file you want to start with. I actually got this pumped out sooner than I thought I would. I hope that you all enjoy, and I hope that these instructions aren't too easy or too hard to follow. Any questions or anything, my email is on the Readme file.

A discussion forum for cross platform, cross device adaptive tech as well as adaptive tech insociety and different cultures.

2009-04-11 08:24:39

Complete instructions ? You don't have just to replace the existing .OGG files ?
Thank you, I'll try your sound pack later... I hop you don't have included voices sounds into this pack, because I would like to keep my game in french.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-04-11 18:32:40

Yes, complete instructions. Some of the people on here don't know how to replace the sounds. So what I did is include two different folders with replacement voices, and the original sounds so if someone doesn't like teh sounds, they can replace them with the originals. , and wrote out step by step instructions for those that don't know how to just rename and drop the files.

I also didn't rename any of the sounds as replacements so the person that tries this out can pick from the WC2 sounds and choose their own replacements. The sounds are mainly voice replacements though from wC2 so nothing in french. Most of the building sounds were just about the same as SoundRTS. Clanging from the blacksmiths, sawing from the sawmills, and so on. I hope now that I am somewhat settled in though to start working on actual additions maybe. But we'll see, it all depends on how courageous I get.