2016-07-01 13:34:09 (edited by dardar 2019-09-13 00:14:49)

Post rewritten on march 17th 2019:
Join a world of mystery, science and technology as you battle fearsome foes and explore endless realms in an ever-improving game.
Cosmic Rage is more than a mud, with a community of careers dedicated to making your experience the most enjoyable it can be.
Be a daring detective, expansive explorer, a masterful military officer or an awe-inspiring adventurer and let your story be told. We boast over 50 activities, over 15 cracking crafting opportunities, hugely unique races, a thought-provoking  combat system and a game environment that moulds to your needs.
Immerse yourself in a story that gives explicit detail on items as small as atoms, with possibilities so far in depth it's like stepping into a new world. In fact, it is stepping into a new world.
Cosmic Rage's daily host activity means that bugs are looked at on a daily basis, with the best minds selected from people like you dedicated to eliminating them within as quick a time as possible.
Are you a story teller, looking for a mud with a role-play environment flexible to suit your needs?
Are you a military strategist who needs an outlet?
Have you ever had that feeling inside that you should be someone of royalty, with great power and influence?
If you answered yes to any of the above, cosmic Rage is the mud for you. Nine out of ten players we asked said Cosmic Rage had a positive influence on their lives in general, the community they logged in to leaving them feeling like there were people out there who cared.
Have you had a bad experience on another mud? Don't worry, cosmic Rage is here for you. We've cradled people from not even knowing what role-play is, into being some of the best in the market. We've helped heal wounds dealt by uncaring uncommunicative people and treated them like they should be. Like real people, like we care.
Cosmic Rage is the mud that cares what you think, because without you, we are nothing.
So, join us. Join the family, join Cosmic Rage!
We're waiting for you.
Point your MUD client to cosmicrage.earth port 7777 today!
Soundpacks are available in game through the @soundpacks command.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-01 14:07:11

Hi there, definitely going to try this.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-07-01 16:02:59

What's a moo?

2016-07-01 16:42:12

Hi there
a moo is a type of text based online multi user dungeon.
It is part of the category more commonly known as Mud.
You need a mud client to connect to it

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-01 20:13:32

Ah! Ok, thanks. Since I'm not into online games, I'll pass, but I do hope everyone else enjoys the game!

2016-07-01 21:03:37

Hello there.
Hey Nathan, now I know why you got so lost, I didn't see you in a while! although you might not recognize me in this forum, we've been able to  talk a bit in the quentin c's playroom.
OK now here's my question: Are you planning to releace any soundpacks for other mud clients? I  could just go thre and grab Vipmud from GMA games, but I  do not have the funds to buy a coppy. S I wonder, if you might releace a soundpack or mush or one of these clients, cuzz I really really wanna give it a try!

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-07-01 22:58:16

This sounds awesome.
Any idea of activities, some stuff in star cnquest like battlesuit combat sounded great, but the game I found generally urstrating especially in it's spammy space combat?

Promethius was far nicer in terms of spam, but the activities and world seemed a bit random and I got a trifle stuck in terms of what to do where (I couldn't actually find! anything to fight).

Does the game have separate types of experience points for activities? or just the one sort like Promethius.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I've been looking for a fun space mud for some time so will give this one a try as and when I can.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-07-01 23:04:49

how do i set this up? I don't really know how to set these games up,  i have mush z please tell me

2016-07-02 06:22:55

Hi NT. I agree with andi because I like to play alter aeon in Mush z if it is available in any other mud client I will surely try it.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-07-02 07:16:43

Hello there
The moo certainly sounds interesting, and I might also give it a go. For space Moo's what I usually look for is a soundpack, aye I am spoiled by the miriani pack, and sinse this already has one, it makes things much easier.
At Andy and Ishan, Mush Z is a custom mushed based client intended for altar.
You actually don't really need to buy vipmud, I certainly wouldn't at $35 $30? or whatever it happens to be atm, but its 30day trial is good enough,after which ends you can use everything but ncp? and there's a time limit of 120 minutes after which you need to restart VIP not your pc so that's not a problem, at least not for most users

I personally use VIPMud for all my mudding needs, but I'm also thinking of switching to clients like the mush client just because Vip's script documentation as it stands now doesn't really tell you much,and it could really use some improvement plus mush scripting isn't a propriotory language so creating/resolving scripts issues should be farely easy, or easier as compared to vip
But that's for another topic and another day.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-07-02 15:21:23

I like Vipmud myself, but then again scripting is griek to me and I enjoy the ease of access. I did buy the thing to support Gma, though Grryf is exactly write, since I used the free version for several weeks and found it to be hassle free.
The only thing that the free version doesn't support that you'd need occasionally is msp, but msp is really only used in ssome games for sounds, only six dragons, materiamagica and I believe medeivia, (soundpacks with scripting are fine, it's just when the sounds are directly played from the mud).

So, I'd recommend giving Vipmud a try if you want a streight forward  client with really nice screen reader intigration..

I do use MushZ for alteraeon, but Vipmud is my client of choice for other muds.

I will definitely try cosmic rage when I have some time, though since I'm getting married tomorrow I'll be pretty busy for the next few days and not exactly thinking about games.

I would however be interested to know a bit more about in game activities and how they work.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-07-02 20:34:46

Hi dardar,
Is there or will there be a soundpack for mushclient or mushZ? I found out that i only can enjoy muds if there is a soundpack. But maybe i will give it a try without one this time. I am not sure yet.

2016-07-03 09:22:46

hello all.
All though this is in no way sponcered or anything by nathan tech, there will be a mush client sound pack in teh future, as i am working on it myself. however i code much better in vip than in much, so we'll see ow this goes.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2016-07-03 13:46:30

I'm really enjoying this so far. I think my biggest issue right now is figuring out how to get where I need to be to start hunting and mining. So far I mostly just walked around and bought my computer, radio, and flight control system.
So far though it looks great, and I can tell some detail and care and consideration went into designing this.

2016-07-04 08:01:41

hey dada, your mud is awesome, but it's so buggy. I was having a scanner and a mining container, mining scanner. When i typed scan mining scanner, it just bleep how it was a wrong command.
really strange.

2016-07-04 20:35:45

SkyLord, have you tried "scan 2.scan"? It took me a little bit to figure that out seeing that I had more than one scanner on me. it was counting my flight control scanner. I am making notes of stuff I found that need fixing and the like to post to this topic later on. So far, I only have one heading and that head is called "account creation". I am looking to see what other things I find wrong before posting. Interesting game per say, but mining can get a little tiring, but that might make it to some other spot on my notes. The help files are helpfull. Over all, I have found to many trace backs at this stage to say how good or bad it is.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-07-05 01:39:02

waiting a few months; the last time I got into a game like this it deteriorated within a few weeks of my trying it, just after I was starting to get used to the differences and liking it for what it was... I even wrote about it out here.  Sad times.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-07-05 12:24:01

Well, I may had curst it for you seeing that I created an account yesterday. The mud I started playing before this one started going down within about an year or so from when I started playing. LOL. Ok ok ok, the mud is still around, but it was the drama that seem to be a bit of a pain per say.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-07-05 14:39:57

does the soundpack work for vipmud 2.0

2016-07-05 16:44:18

It does. I use it with vipmud 2.0. Just make shure it is place in the right place.

DropBox Referral

2016-07-06 08:31:12

Hi.
I have followed this interesting topic, and the game seems really awesome. I have a few questions:
1: Can I totally avoid pvp and ships battles? I only wanna use ships to get around in the game, not battleing because I suck at constantly keeping track of the coordinates like in the other space moos. PVP is just not my thing.
2: Ground combat: So, does your character level up from this? If yes, then I think I'll like this.
3: Now I know the game is very new, but are there any kinds of quests?
4: I might give it a try with Vipmud. Can I just quickly log out and log in again when a restart of the demo version is required of the client without getting killed? I don't mind restarting the client if I get alerted a few minutes before I need to restart, so I don't mess it up in battles etc. smile
The sound pack is not a requirement for me to enjoy the game, but it would be cool to check it out.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-07-07 08:31:35

this sounds good. i'll be keeping an eye on this. do you have a list of features etc that you are going to put into the game that aren't in there already? if so can you give more information?

2016-07-07 12:30:31

SLJ, as far as I know, you can not turn off PVP like it is turned off in Prometheus. On the other hand, it seems like everyone that is playing is trying to get up to speed to cause any trouble when it comes to PVP. As for shipps, you want get access to your own ship until you get to level 40. You can get around via teleporter and taxi until you have a ship with a jump drive. I am at the point of trying to figure out what ship to get and where all the good ships are at.

DropBox Referral

2016-07-07 12:49:00

I believe there is a special arena for pvp. It will take you a bit to get your feet wet but I'm finding it well worth it! smile

2016-07-07 15:25:20

Thanks for your answers. Sounds much cooler than I thought. I'll check this out as soon as possible.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen