2016-04-08 12:48:03

Hello there,
I'm kautilya (not a real name, just for gaming), I don't like to reveal much personal info on the internet. I'm from India, A republic in Southern Asia. I'm blind by birth. Currently, I'm pursuing my graduate degree.

From my school time I had developed a keen interest in technological field. When I bought my first laptop six years ago, I got in touch with some people who told me about the audio games. Yes indeed, I love to play audio games very much!

Q9 Action game was the first audio game which I had hands on first time. Then, I've never stopped. I've played tens of audio games as of now, and the list is continuously climbing up!

Everyone can identify me as Kautilya, (my username here) in every multiplayer game like Survive The Wild and on online scoreboards like Oriol Gaming Zone scoreboards. I've secure ninth place in their game "Death on the road".

Thumbs up +1

2016-04-08 17:23:24

Great to have you here Kautilya!  big_smile  What degree are you pursuing?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2016-04-08 17:34:41

Hi to all we are radio udaan!
udaan is a hindi word which means a flight of life.
or a flight rather.
So as you heard from kautilya We are from India a south asian republic.
Well we are india's first community radio station .
Like the global voice, We are an online radio station
Radio udaan is a big part of indian blind community and whenever we come to know about any issue like job alert, some discrimination, or any other positive or negative issue regarding the blind community of india we raise it and we are feeling pleasure with this forum because it have a lot of things to do.
We haven't play an audio game but some of our listener like Ishan have planned to start an audio gaming stream.
Please stay tuned with us. we have given  our website in our signature(bsee below).
Thanks
Radio udaan team!

for more information please visit www.radioudaan.com
Radio udaan!
a flight of life!
India's online community radio station for visually impaired

2016-04-09 13:51:04 (edited by Kautilya 2016-04-09 14:01:28)

Thank you Aprone. All the admins are doing outstanding work. I love to be the part of this community.

big_smile

I'm pursuing honours degree in Political Science and this is my final year.

Thumbs up

2016-04-09 13:59:34

@Radio-Udaan, my intro is good enough to to tell you that I'm a big fan of audio games. I wish that if I could record a walkthrough of a game in Hindi language as there  is a few Hindi speaking people who are playing audio games till now. I'm interested to host a show on your radio about this whole virtual world of gaming for the blind or visually impaired persons.

Thumbs up +1

2016-04-09 18:24:56

Welcome radio-udaan.  I am sure you and your team will find many good audio games to cover in your streams.

Kautilya, good luck with your final year!  You can finally see the finish line of your marathon, haha.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2016-04-11 04:55:42

It is great to hear from you kautilya!
I am in the second year and well studying for an exams
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

2016-04-21 10:33:44

Hello! I'm Chane and I just want to make audio games for people eventually. I'd love to know what is desired in the community so I can hopefully fill that need to the best of my ability. I can't make much though, but I decided if I did make anything, they'd be audio games or at least as accessible as I can manage.
I won't be starting right away and made an account before being ready to post here, to be honest, but I'll be back! Laughs! Or I'll be around; I must wait until college ends this semester before really doing anything. I have been outlining a lot of things though! It is an ideas time at this point!
Anyway, nice to meet you!

Thumbs up

2016-06-20 08:12:56

Hi,
I'm Dino (just a nickname) and I'm a teen from Canada (but moving to England very shortly). Full disclosure: I can see. I'm just really interested in audio games from both a programming challenge standpoint and the use of audio as a medium to create games. There are a lot of possibilities and since I am interested in both audio and programming, when I found out about this it felt like a natural fit.

As for my hobbies, I like programming, boardsports, playing Pokémon, writing, making costumes and worldbuilding science fiction and fantasy worlds.

It's nice to meet you guys!

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

Thumbs up

2016-06-20 22:19:52

@dino: I also like costumes. There's an epic event in England called Feel The Force Day, and it's like comic con but if you are blind you are aloud to touch most things and as a result, the cosplayers really go for it, some of them getting into character. There was a predator from the film who was just growling, the characters based on Disney were talking with the accents, a C3PO sounded like C3PO and had an r2d2 next to him, chewbacca was making sounds too. There are minions from Despicable me, well to be honest, there's everything. People also bring lightsabers and stuff that all make sounds. There was also a thing where you could talk like a dalek from Doctor Who using a voice modulator. Some costumers will just use their normal voice but will still let you touch the costumes and everyone just loves it.
What costumes do you have? The organizers are always looking for more and if you register the costume you will be able to go for free and get fed.
There's a website, feeltheforceday.co that should ahve more info. I'll be at the Peterborough one in October just exploring and talking to all the different characters.

Thumbs up

2016-06-21 04:54:31

@Aaron: I've never heard of that before, but now that I have I think I might be able to make it down to the Petersborough event this year or next. I had to trash my costumes that I'd already made, but I've done a female version of Hawkeye (the Avengers) and a Mew Ichigo (from an old anime called Tokyo Mew Mew) cosplay.

I'd need to think about how to introduce sound to my cosplay because honestly I can't do accents besides my own and I hadn't really considered that aspect of costuming before. I'd probably also need to step up my game a bit given the quality of what I'm seeing in the gallery. But it seems like a great event and if I can go in costume one day, then I definitely will!

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

Thumbs up

2016-06-21 10:11:54

Hi deeno
welcome to the forum!
I hope you will make good costumes
but it is not an indian event so sad.
Happy gaming and costuming!
Thanks
Ishan

Thumbs up

2016-06-21 20:40:43

@dino: accents don't necessarily matter, some of the cosplayers just speak normally and use the costume more as a costume, but allow people to touch it and are knowledgeable. It's interesting that you have some anime costumes because that's something that's not really represented at the event, so it'd be great to see something anime related there. If you don't mind me asking, what would you consider your normal accent to be?

Thumbs up

2016-06-21 22:35:02

@Aaron My normal accent is a Canadian accent, specifically Vancouver (I sound a bit like this girl) but it is slightly British because I lived there as a young child. I was thinking that I'd be interested in doing a pokemon trainer or Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy/Magma Grunt cosplay and bringing along some plushes from the series (and maybe some smaller felt ones to give away, I'm not sure). I have one concern though, which is that I really, really don't like being touched without some warning that I'm going to be. People ask first, right? Smile

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

Thumbs up

2016-06-21 23:48:17

I always make a point of asking and my Dad has told me that visually, he saw people asking and not just touching. Also, the thing to remember is it's a small event. It's not like comic con where you get mobbed. It's much more chilled out and every cosplayer I've met says that this is one of the best, because so many people who haven't seen the characters before smile with delight. The event is aimed at people with disabilities, so you will probably get people talking to you quite a lot and people asking you about your costume, about other characters in the franchise and such. Usually, a family will approach you the others give them room, they speak to you for a while then the next one comes along, instead of all crowding around you at once there's this sense of friendliness, and it's strange because it kind of becomes personal to each person as families give each other room. I've seen some people get a little scared too though, especially of larger characters but it's still fun because people face their fears too, and then you get people who will giggle with delight. I'll say this: at the end of the last event I burst into tears of happiness because I did not want to leave, I had no idea what sorts of characters were there and the result was crazy. I learned, for instance, that the disney princesses have gloves, something I didn't know before, and I also learned that stormtrooper blasters are massive and that c3PO is taller than r2D2.
If you don't mind me asking... Is there a way I can contact you via email or social media?

Thumbs up

2016-06-22 00:03:16 (edited by Dino 2016-06-22 00:05:25)

That sounds awesome, actually. I like smaller conventions a lot better than larger ones. They're usually a lot more friendly in atmosphere.

I'm kind of nervous about posting my email or social media things on a public forum, especially one that I just joined. All of my social media accounts are personal and I only add people I know in real life-- I have some internet friends who I've known for years and three of them have my email and none of them have my Facebook. The private message system works on here, right, though? And I can start a twitter account if that would be helpful. Or I could PM you my email address.

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

Thumbs up

2016-06-22 17:54:19

@dino: that's very wise, you are a bit like me in that respect. There's definitely an element of privacy and such, but at the same time as a blind person for me eprsonally social media can help. Most folks on there are people I've met in person. I've got a better idea. I've started a new topic in off topic room for cosplay fans and people who might have questions.
The new topic can be found at the following link:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 56#p265456

Thumbs up

2016-06-22 20:50:07

Hello, my name is Brian and i'm 15 years old. I known this community 1 to 2 years ago and i like games in geral, even if a can't play. I'm totaly blind and i'm from Brazil.

Thumbs up

2016-06-26 12:45:08

hi bryan haha you are younger than me.
I personally like Skype if you like add me brother.
it is ishan.dhami

Thumbs up

2016-07-20 02:21:03

Hi

I'm Jacquie.
I'm 19, and from America.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

Thumbs up

2016-07-20 08:13:57

Hi crying fire and jack
welcome!
welcome! to the forum!
I hope the you will make a fire of audio games by trying and crying for trying.
and all of the jills will help you.
Thanks
ishan

Thumbs up

2016-07-22 08:15:05

Hi.
Ok, call me stupid, but I just have seen this topic right now, after 4 or something like that years in this comunity.
Yeah yeah, I know what your saying, but hey, i found it by now, cool, aint it?
But blabbering aside, let me just do a quick introduction, damb it feels so freaking wrong using that word right now.
Ok, My name is Moritz, and I am an 18 Year old studend from Germany who went blind at the age of about 3 years due to norie syndrome, maybe someone knows or has the same disorder, would be curious to know if I am not the only one.
I am learning to get in to the IT business, but don't know where their, I guess it will come with the next years.
My main interests ly in fiddeling around with the computer software and hardware whise, playing games either mainstream video games or regular audiogames.
A large portion of my day is taken up by blasting my ears away with loud, evil music, metal to be exact. if you think you can find another genre on my harddrive, well, search another one cause you woun't have any luck here.
I am also interested in sports, I like watching american football, and since a few weeks I got a bit in to hockey.
If you want to contact me and maybe have a little chat, feel free to contact me, don't worry, I don#t bite anyone.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2016-08-16 20:20:56

hay all?
first of all, If this topic take this long, I will check it out when I become 24, hmm, around it. Maybe? big_smile
let's interduse myself.
Am kianoosh shakeri, A 14 years old from iran.,
I'm a person who like programming, mixing/mastering musics, sound effects and stuff like those,
Since A fiew months a go, I chosed to start learning bgt, For real this time. And I'm currently working on a project called lucky kop(The name of my project is really crazy and it doesn't business to it). Maybe I change it's name. big_smile
As far asI know, I play keyboard and Also I use it as a middy controler. Oh dear, I'm don't gonna spened money for a real middy controler when I have this keyboard While I can hold money to buy a laptop, A new and stronger smartphone, Upgrade this pc(This, Pc. That thing that is in front Of me). Not this pc for windows eight to ebuv.
Oh. Let's say it untill I forget it: I'm a guy who haits spelling, And missing some spellings of some words with some special letters. I also Hait grammer sometimes. Although it's going to be better Time to time,
I'm almost thin and a tall person(you know, Not so fat). big_smile.
since I experienced the hole statuses in my life, I've got that I can't be angry or sad for a long time. Some sort of joaks Making me glad, And after some laughing at me, I slowly begin to forget what I did, Or what they did to me(again you know, sadness stuff).
Oh I forgot about my gender. Here it goes:
boy, Wich called email uh huh Sorry. Mail.
I borned in 2002, in april I think.
1381 With hejrieh shamsi. In ordi behesht. (in iranian date).
hope you didn't ingerd with my long information,
this is my plezher to be here,
bye bye.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-08-31 12:13:30

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm from Australia. I love playing audio games and reading books.

Thumbs up

2016-08-31 15:44:05

Welcome to the forum Tim!  Glad to have you here with us.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

Thumbs up