2009-03-14 18:19:36

Went on and set up a bookshare account. How long does it take for them to get my proof of disability? I'm sure it was fax to them before I set the account up. Also, is the victor reader soft program they offer werth anything, and the synth that they offer any better then the real speak thing I got with 8.0 of jaws and Openbook?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-03-15 17:01:10

Hi,

As th the account approval thing I'm not sure.

Victor Reader Soft is a piece of junk in my opinion, but supposedly it was revamped or something. Haven't had much use for it myself.

You mentioned having OpenBook installed. I'm pretty sure you can read BookShare books with OpenBook. If you have a portable PDA (PAC Mate, BraillePlus/Icon, BrailleNote, etc) you can read them on there as well; you aren't limited to just reading on the PC.

The synthesizer I haven't tried; I heard it only worked with Victor Reader Soft and I haven't used that.

Hope this could have been some use to you.

2009-03-15 19:55:54

Great.. Right now, openbook has the better voices when comparing it to my PM. I recieved the welcome to bookshare email around one something friday and aproved me for student funding around six something the vary same day. If they still say they haven't recieved my doctor's note in a few days, I guess I'll refax it. When I say doctor's note, I mean that form that has to be filled out by a doctor. I guess I can go grab the kjv or one of those Tom sawyer books to se wich way I want to read my bookshare books. How well does the victor stream from human ware handle the daisy books from Bookshare. I'm thinking about ordering one in a month or two, because of longer battery life and it's alot smaller then my pacmate.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-03-16 21:39:15

Did they need my email address on the proof of disibility form? If they did, then I guess I'll find someone to write it on there and refax.

DropBox Referral