2016-05-27 22:53:05

This game is awesome!

2016-05-27 22:57:28

Based on the frequency of disconnections, I'm starting to think it might be related to players creating settlements.
Also, the weird display stuff still seems to be there, and now it's even showing up in player's names...

I wish you could choose to quit the game at a settlement if you wanted, as well as change a settlement's description as long as it's tied to your account.
Though that last one may be just because I keep freaking missing that edit box... sad

2016-05-27 23:05:40

What I need is for people to let me know what punctuation mark they used whenever it later shows up as that jumbled mess.  I filled in the ones I was able to easily determine, but for the latest ones I'd have to just guess about what they originally wanted it to be.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-05-27 23:10:35

Really nice, will try that now. I like that you always create new types of games, awesome Aprone. Thanks for your great work.

- JoeFoeGames
Visit
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
to be up to the latest News.

2016-05-27 23:20:12

When trying to sign on with my IPhone it keeps looping to the create a character page. After save settings I'm back at the sign in part and it repeats.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-05-27 23:32:14

If it keeps looping back to the starting page, then it means your browser is one of the unsupported ones.  Safari was the first to have that issue, but it seems Dark also had it happen with IE 8.  Are you using either of those or do I need to add another browser to my list of browsers to fix?  tongue

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-27 23:50:01

So far I only noticed that symbol "?" (questionmark) changes to %3F

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-05-28 00:42:32 (edited by defender 2016-05-28 00:43:06)

Exclaim turns out as %21

2016-05-28 01:49:04

I first tryed it with Safari works fine with my version of IE.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-05-28 01:49:29

I'm having the same login problem.   I'm using google.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2016-05-28 02:09:26

I've made more changes which should hopefully solve the various symbol bugs.  If what I did worked, all existing bugged names and messages should have been fixed.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-28 06:36:22

There's something up with rangers. Sometimes it'll say I'm doing between 20 and 10 damage with my bow.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-05-28 06:55:20 (edited by grryfindore 2016-05-28 06:55:46)

Ahoy there

Here I am, stuck without  a pc,on an ios device and cheers! I'll have something to play with,at last!

I tried logging in yesterday, but no matter what combination of usernames and passwords I tried it kept coming back to the login page.

Today, I get a page can not be displayed. probably the game was offline? when I tryed. eh, I'll try it again later.

Thanks aprone for another awesome game.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-05-28 09:55:03

The game still seems to be down, I get a page not found message. hope it's back up soon, it's a small game, but exelent to pass the time.

2016-05-28 15:04:11

hey aprone what going's on? maybe server down or other thing
i try to connect every browser in pc and try in safari but seem down
i'm sure firewall in pc don't blog in pc i use ie11 but can't connect or i have gamer account first?

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2016-05-28 16:37:38

hello wen i try to go to that link i get Connection Interrupted

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2016-05-28 17:11:48

Sneak, thanks for catching that ranger message.  I forgot to change code in a few places so it was trying to show the old message while using new variables, and the result was just a confusing nonsense of a message.  It's fixed now.

Grryfindore if it kept taking you back to the log in page, then it is the Safari problem where a few browsers like to fragment their data in such a way that the game can't make sense of it correctly.  I'm still hoping to fix those, but in the mean time we need to avoid Safari and IE 8 (I think it was).

Search engines use web crawler bots to browse the internet collecting data.  A bing bot (which seems to identify itself as one in my logs) stumbled upon the game during the night and caused things to freeze up.  The game didn't understand how to handle some of the bot's requests, which would make sense for normal web pages.  So I think I have that solved for next time now, and the game should be back up and running.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-28 18:02:35

Hey Aprone, I was playing for a little bit while I was waiting for lunch to heat up, and I noticed that whenever the page loaded it would read the room number, and then skip the text and move down to the next section. Is that part of your code, or is that a problem with my screen reader.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-05-28 18:12:46

Also, I just noticed, the arrow upgrade only gives plus 1 to damage when the button says it gives 2.

2016-05-28 18:16:37

Not sure about the text it is skipping.  I'll try to pay attention to that next time, and see if it does the same thing to me.

Good catch on the bow damage.  I've fixed that in the code, and threw the extra point onto your bow since I see you're currently playing.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-28 18:26:15

Hi.
I downloaded chrome on iOS, and I'm having the same problem as Safari .  Just thought you should know . smile
This brings back memories of playing munchkin

2016-05-28 18:31:37

For me the same thing happens with the screen reader. it reads the tile number and name, and then reads your stats, but doesn't read the text betwean that (the description of the event like a bear fight). Not that I mind much though, I check everything by pressing down arrows anyway. Would have to check if the same happens with Nvda or not.

2016-05-28 18:39:23

Can warriors, seeing as they're trained fighters or at least I'd assume so, be given the ability to resolve their combat round first? I had 2 rage points, and my sword dealt between 2 and 7 damage, the rat I faught only had 4 hp, so he should've been dead no matter the outcome, and yet I still took 1 damage. I am guessing this is because either they're resolving at the same time, or the rat went first. Like I said though, trained fighter yattayatta.
A neat new tile would be a bandit tole. You could choose to pay the tole for safe passage to the next tile, or if you don't have the money you have to fight them.

2016-05-28 18:42:39

Maybe warriers could use only as much rage as it is needed to kill the enemy? I had 13 rage, and it would be better if I could kill multiple bears with it, not waist it on just one little rat. though I can imagin what I made from that rat with my 13 rage. Its children will remember me as that person who slashed their mother in 1000 peaces and made a bloody mess.

2016-05-28 18:45:38

I just tried ranger again, it still lists the damage at 0 to 11
and gave this message
You have upgraded your knife and bow. You now deal 0 to 11 damage per shot, and 1 to 6 damage per knife swing.