2009-02-09 03:06:11

hi,
I am currently trying to uninstall a program but every time I click the remove button the uninstaller crashes

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2009-02-09 23:48:21

Hi,

This isn't enough information. What's the program called? Where did you  get it from.

If you don't have time to tell us that, or whatever, try this:

1) Open start menu/programs/the folder of the program
2) Look for an "uninstall <prorgam name>" or "remove <program name>" or something with a similar name.

Finally what do you mean by a "crash"? What happens. Oh one more thing. Make sure you're running over an administrator account. Or if using Vista you have UAC on and you know the user and password for the administrator account because I believe it asks for one.

HTH somewhat.

2009-02-10 01:48:14

okay crash as in the program doesn't respond and one of those end program dialogs appear
the program is adobe audition and I got it from the adobe websight
there is no sub-menu for adobe programs and you have to run the setup program to remove it
hope this clears up some confution

2009-02-10 18:54:47

hhi

delete it from the program files folder. I've had to do that, much as I hate to. you might want to go into the registry if you really want to, but that's unnecisary. if you go into add/remove programs in control pannel, you can click uninstal when you deleted it from program files and it will delete the entry. I'm not sure how else to go about that - but its worked for me, gets rid of the main bit, anyway. horrible results with sapi five voices though, lol. actually just regular uninstal made mine unusable and I tried everything. this is on my old laptop, reinstalled some at&t voices and it seemed to fix it somewhat.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2009-02-11 14:31:34

That is indeed the last resort uninstall method. Rip it out by deleting the program's folder under program files, then remove what mess left over you can. Not recommended, but if nothing else works then it is your only option to get rid of it barring a reformat.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-02-11 18:26:30

you were sure that the program was closed when you tryed?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2009-02-12 02:15:56 (edited by Shadowcat 2009-02-12 02:16:51)

yup it was closed
but it's one of those installers that asks you to repair or remove if you have it installed

2009-02-14 14:32:04

Hi,
Try your uninstaller 2008