2016-04-02 08:31:10

Hello everybody!
In fact, I want to improve my BGT level. I know the random things which I can't create many games, because I'm not skillful. Thus I'm asking some questions here, and I hope one of you would answer.
The first question is: How can I put a logo like another games. Before the main menu options, I want the logo to start like Ultrapower's logo when it says: "And now we presents. A three D sound production"
And so on.
Best wishes and regards.
Sajad Aliraqi

2016-04-02 12:00:36

For example, you might try this after creating the game window:

sound logo;
logo.load("logo.ogg");
logo.play_wait();

However, that will not allow the player to skip the logo, which most games do. To enable this, you might try:

sound logo;
logo.load("logo.ogg");
logo.play();
// (This is a good place to put quicker things that need to be loaded or initialized, such as menus or configuration files.)
while (logo.playing)
{
if(key_pressed(KEY_RETURN))
{
 // If you want the logo to fade, you will need a loop here, like so:
while(logo.volume>-50) 
{
logo.volume=logo.volume-1;
wait(20);
}
logo.stop();
}
wait(10);
}
看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-02 13:04:07

Success. Thank you so much for collaborating. I have another question.
How to put a song while browsing the menu? I mean, when I press down or up arrow to brows the menu, I want it to give me a sound.
Tune start game
Tune options
Etc.

2016-04-02 18:25:30

Hi,
unfortunately, this is one of the more difficult things to do in BGT, if I understood your question correctly.
It would require you to either modify the dynamic_menu include script itself or to use a callback function as described in the dynamic_menu help topic.
I would personally recommend using a callback together with a sound_pool instance (using the sound_pool in your game would probably be a better idea over individual sound objects anyway), which is the more difficult way, though. It's easy enough in principle but it does require the understanding of the underlying principles.

I could provide examples for both but they wouldn't probably actually teach you anything. You would make it work in your game but it would be just copy pasted code without true understanding, and that's not good for your programming future, if you see what I mean. Let me know what you think.

For now, I think it would be better to do without the menu browsing sounds and focus on the more integral parts of your game instead. When you get a bit farther, you will either have figured out how to do this yourself, or it will be a more appropriate time to ask this question again then.

Hope this helps, and sorry I didn't give you exact directions straight away. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-04-02 21:05:54

Hello. Thanks for replying and I meant the click sound. When I press escape, enter or down, up arrow. No problem if yo give me examples. They would teach me somehow. Thank you again

2016-04-10 23:33:01

Hi, I have created a zip file of some helpful includes that you might want to use that will make coding easier for you.
link is down below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/km3op7x8xv1ty … s.zip?dl=1

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com