2016-04-02 22:09:11

Hi everyone,
Or Orol Gomez's stream, on PG13LP, he was talking about a development engine called Quorum that is on Mac but also supports iOS development.
He was in the process of getting loaded during this stream, so if this stuff is foreign to you, I'm sorry. big_smile

2016-04-03 01:47:46

Hm, looking around a bit, Quorum appears to be a programming language originally designed to be easier to hear through screen readers for the blind and visually impared. Its become a general purpose language for all users and can compile to Java Bytecode and run on the Java Virtual Machine, or compile to Javascript. It does indeed seem to have a game engine component as part of its standard library, along with web components, math libraries, and containers.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-04-03 20:21:58 (edited by Orin 2016-04-03 20:23:43)

Actually, it does have a game engine stuff bundled with the standard libraries.
Unfortunately, what it doesn't have is something like a Sound Pool. I'm not sure how it'd be made in this language either. Menus would also have to be created from scratch, similar to how one would do it in PureBasic without that audio game script someone made for PB to simplify it.
I can't get Sodbeans, Quorum's modified Netbeans IDE, to run under El Capitan. I've applied for the Google Group and enquired about this on their Facebook page.