2016-03-11 09:20:04

That's good that you grew from that and learned from that.  I'm not saying that I don't forgive you, we all make mistakes, just be careful of what you say.

Thumbs up

2016-03-11 09:21:04

Yeah, I understand dood.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-03-11 09:32:28 (edited by Sam_Tupy 2016-03-11 09:34:31)

What the... And ehe woke up. I'd sent her a message about how I felt about the situation and her doing this, and that I wanted to talk to her friend from england, and she said something about taking an overdose of something and that her friend was now dead, just great. I asked her if it wasn't to much to ask if I could have her friends skype name. She said that her friend didn't have skype, wouldn't know how to use it. But in walters chat log and he said this before I even looked at that log, her friend from england told walter her mik was broken when walter wanted to hear her voice, then said she was going to call lori on skype. And if you think i'm being a bastard by saying this i'm really sorry but... Do you really think this happened? her friend now being dead? Dead? I think that if she were dead, if she even exists, lori unless she has absolutely no feelings what so ever which I bet she does, I think she would have had a lot harder time with it than telling me that she took a massive overdose and was now dead, just great. Just great? I question that. It scemes a bit vague. If someone actually lost there life I would be very sorry for posting this but... this night is sure a quinsidence that she is now dead after I posted this and the vagueness lori used with me makes me kind of  uncomfortable. I mean... @lori if your reading this, I really hope that one of your friends didn't loose there life, I really do. I say the things above because of what scemed to have just happened, and I hope you all understand my goal is not to be a bastard, but isn't this... Is she trying to make me feel bad? Or did this really happen? This is very disturbing and again if someone lost there life because of this situation or even at all, then... well, i'd be praying. But that doesn't sceme true. I'm actually a bit worried about it my self now, and i'd like to say again being a bastard with no heart isn't my intension. But I wonder now if lori is atempting to do to me what she claims walter did? I bet many of you know lori better than I do, so I was hoping I could possibly get an answer. It's very worrying.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-03-11 09:51:29

@Ishan: if you know about UltraPower clones, then please report them. We can remove those from the forum.

Just myself, as usual.

2016-03-11 10:06:08

Two things real quick, then I'm going to do my damnedest to try and look away from this cluster of a train wreck.

First, a little story with a degree of personal experience. And no, you don't get to hear about the experience. True or not, if a woman, any woman, for any reason, even hints that someone of the opposite sex has been harassing, threatening, coming on too strong, whatever you want to call it, there's no discussion. There's no let's talk it over and get to the root of it. There's this was said, and I believe her, so get gone and don't send a postcard. This doesn't just happen on this forum. This happens legally as well. Girl says "my boyfriend assaulted me," and it doesn't matter if 6 people say he just stood there and let her scream at him. She says she was assaulted, end of story, your court date's in two weeks. I don't care if Walter actually did half of what was said or not. And at the end of the day, it doesn't actually matter. True or not, it's out there, and because of that, Walter gets to live that down until maybe everyone here gets over it. If he's guilty, then awesome and it's well deserved. But if he's not, and this was just done for attention, all I'm gonna say is if he didn't have mental difficulties before, you're damn right he's got them now.

Secondly, whether or not Walter did half of what's been said here. Seriously? That's one of your admins? I know the blind community's got a somewhat limited selection, but come on. Okay, so maybe he's not the sexually harassing stalker type. As said above it's a little bit late now to be asking that question, but just for grins, maybe. You want to talk evidence? There's enough logged evidence in this thread that at the very least he's a powertripping egotist. And you let that have clearly unrestricted access to presumedly important systems. And for your efforts, you get... well... scroll up. I've quit playing games I was a part of for *years* when the admins got power hungry. I'll be damned if I'll start playing one where I know they are. At the very least, this thread has served as a warning to me--and I don't even fit his supposed demographic. STW doesn't screen its admins, and as a result, the admins make the rules on the fly. Even if this Walter didn't do half of what was said. Good for him. But if the next one does, this little episode has just made it a whole lot less likely anyone's going to say a word. Laurie can catch some of the blame for that, sure. However, so can Dark, and so can Walter, and so can Sam. For that matter, so can the very long list of people who were immediately in favour of the banhammer, no questions asked. Congratulations, folks.

Now, Dark can do his thing, Sam can do his thing, and Laurie can... well... do whatever she does when she's not being harassed on STW. And the rest of you spectators can grow up already. Christ almighty there's got to be *something* more interesting than two opposing sob stories. And I'll gladly take that opinion to the banned list if Dark wants me to.

Thumbs up +1

2016-03-11 10:27:33

Well I will say in fairness Lori claims the logs have been changed, also bare in mind some of this (particularly the stuff with Lori's friend), was via skype anyway and is on the accouts of several testamoniesI've recived from a number of people.

While quanin does have a point about the over reaction of society, I have to make my own decision here based on the evidence I've see, my knolidge of the people invlved n and Sam has to make his. Whatever decision I make, believe certain people will assume I have a hatred for Walter in some way, which is pretty crazy given that I barely interacted with the man up until now, but hay I'm not looking for approval I have to do what I think best so Walter is staying banned from the forum as I cannot be sure that he isn't a danger to the community, end of story.

Sam feels differently having been convinced otherwise, so what he does is his decision, there's not much else left to say on the matter, indeed I'm tempted to close thise topic sinse I suspect all that will now happen will be lots of unnecessary flaming of myself, Lori, Walter and pretty much everyone else who has an opinion on this matter, and for Lori and the others I'm rather sad (whatever happened to compassion?), indeed the fact that the first reaction from people at the report of abuse is "oooh someone must be lying because this person is a good admin" and not sympathy for someone in distress makes me ashamed to be a part of this community, sinse whatever the truth of who did what to whom it's an extremely stressful situation all around, and the fact that people respond with condemnation and bitching is just plane disgusting.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-03-11 10:36:03

Hi guys!
I've just done read all the post at here already.
First for lori I think I also know her as well.
Even though I did not talk to her by personal but she seem to be cool though.
As I used to play game with her at the swamp.
And at the conversation that I used to talk with her at the swamp.
Even though we play with her, sometimes it's might not so suitable though.
But she never ever to make such a thing like that before.
I mean create such a topic like that.
And for Walter I also know him as well.
Luckily I also the one that also play that game too.
Because sometimes I have to help my thai player to get out of the bug or something happen in the game.
That's why I have to contact him quite often regarding of that.
Because I don't wanna disturb sam that's why.
For walter I also know he is a nice guy.
He try to help nubie player as well.
So that's why I so hard to tell who is real or fake.
But of course I also disagree as well if someone try to disturbing a girl player in the game, without respecting.
I hope this kind of topic will give a good learning curve for the new admin in the future in whatever game that going to be.
Hope thing will get sattle down soon.
All the best!
Bee!

No! Please don't get me wrong!
The wrong could be right! The right could be wrong.

Thumbs up

2016-03-11 11:15:02

ultra power topic was closed I will find it and report it.
this topic should be closed right now I agreed with dark.
But not for the banning walter.
Maybe what will the intention of Miss lori here but the ID is fake
the friend is imaginery
and sam's evidenses are enough that what she want and what she has done.
In the second point of view maybe her friend exists and used her IP to log in.
I think this should be handled with police.
till then your decision will be respected.
when the report was submited by the ciber investigation then mods can change their decision.
a Mod should like a scientist who don't have views
who see a thing as it look like.
Well walter was banned what will you get then?
If I will be banned then also what will you get?
people use to go and come but fairly not the help your thoughts or principles.
You have to be an objective at this moment.
so from this post I pledge that I will close this topic.
I will never post on this topic.
and you should follow this if you want peace and unity.

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

2016-03-11 11:35:40

Actually Ishen I always try to be objective, as I said previously I have nothing against Walter personally and have barely interacted with him. the two friends Lori mentions aren't fake, I've got messages from both of them, so simply saying "she's lying" isn't an answer.

I don't know what has happened with these logs or why Sam has decided that due to an Ip Lori must be lying about everything! whether off or on Survive the wild, but I can only do what I think best in this situation, which is what I have done.

Oh, and though Walter's actions would be considered criminal in several countries, we can't just involve the police, partly because that would be a hugely distressing and difficult process for all involved, but mostly because Walter is in South Africa,  and everyone else is scattered across the world. This is one way in which the internet is used by bad people, to be anonymous and get away with things, which is why we have moderators and other responsable people to sort things out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-03-11 11:47:03

FWIW I didn't see anything particularly private in the logs, and don't generally regard public IP addresses as private either (though understand those who do). Besides, it's not as if we give immunity to criminals, or don't have public courts. The Internet does indeed allow people to be anonymous or out of easy reach of the law, but you can't really conceal identifiable data about the Internet connection or the user, so there are remedies for communities like this one if it should come to that.

Just myself, as usual.

2016-03-11 11:49:49

this topic should be closed for everyone!

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

2016-03-11 12:31:58

Holy shit! I just saw every post in this topic and I think Sam is correct about all of this stuff. And trust me, I've seen people who come up with ridiculous things to not do something or as a cover. But, whenever this was, Sunday, I think, her "friend" was being picked on from this Walter guy that I don't know, and 4 days later being dead? Um, I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that.
I would imagine that someone or herself would post on this topic saying that her friend died. Actually never mind that, but still. Its just hard to believe.
Another thing you could do is go in to his computer and go to his appdata and look at Skype, and there are files with all the accounts he's ever been logged in, and if these Skype accounts don't appear, well, they don't exist. and actually, I just looked back to the post on his twitter witch is basically the same post he posted in this topic, and it looks to me like these accounts don't exist.
And yes, the Skype application for windows can be hard to use when searching up a Skype name, but I just did it with my mac and no results were found.
What other things prevent this from basically saying that this Walter guy is telling the truth?
Its all there, in the logs. Even if this Lori person were to show a log that looked correct, that doesn't mean anything. I could now go and  say "Guys, Sam was doing bad things to me on STW and sending me messages on Skype about doing stuff to me", and post a log that I completely changed.
I'll give you an example: note this message was not sent by Sam Tupy, ever.

On 3/9/16, at 2:25 PM, Sam Tupy wrote:
> I fucking hate you for playing STW and guess what? If you get on STW, I'll ban your IP address, and I'll harm your computer with a virus.

There, just made a fake message up. And actually, what he really said was this:
On 3/9/16, at 2:25 PM, Sam Tupy wrote:
> I already responded to that topic in audiogames.net

So, I would like to know, what things prevent from proving that this guy is  telling the complete and honest truth?
And no one is perfect in this world, no one! Even if this guy did some things that you all didn't like, I don't think that banning him off this forum was necessary. Everyone makes mistakes, including me. I  did some stuff to Sam back a long time ago when I was younger, doesn't mean I still do this sort of stuff.
O, and where was UP even brought up in this topic? Random, but yeah.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2016-03-11 13:19:48

I repeat the behaviour for which Walter has been banned goes rather beyond survive the wild or any logs from this weekend.
I've had two  accounts from two different people both corroborating,and both also detailing the abuse of another, hence why I deam Walter to be dangerous.

As I said, Sam can do what he sees fit, and I will do the same, though I will add the severity of these actions go rather beyond just "A mistake" into criminal areas.

I'll also say that "this lori person" as blind  wizard put it is someone who's been a valuable member of this community for actually far longer than Walter, not only is this the first time she's made  such accusations, but she's also been backed up by another source, which is proof enough for me.

2016-03-11 13:56:15

Dark how you know those account is not Lori?

Thumbs up

2016-03-11 13:58:34

So you believe Lori cause she is member longer than Walter?

Thumbs up

2016-03-11 14:43:19

I believe Lori because I have known her to be trustworthy, and because her story has been confirmed, and because she'd shared this information with me in several ways, and the belief that all of these methods wcompromised as well as that of the person who confirmed Lori's story quite independently is stretching credulity.

I actually have nothing against Walter, up until this point I barely new the man, and I didn't ban him because I hated him or didn't believe him but because I believe him to be a danger to the community who is making this forum an unsafe place.

2016-03-11 14:50:35

Hi dark. I completely understand what you are saying and I can't just change any decision. I also thought I could very well trust lori, until this happened. Reguardless of the logs, and anyone, isn't it kind of creapy that the night I tell her all of this her friend from england took an overdose of something and is now dead? If this person exists, who is she? That's what I feel is most concerning just to me now, is this friends very sudden, and very brushed off death. I'm not trying to get annoying with this hole thing and if I am please tell me and i'll be quiet hahaha, but really I think this random death is quite concerning in my opinion.

2016-03-11 15:17:23

@Sam, I'm afraid I find that more than a little insensative, sinse whatever the case this is a loaded situation and throwing around imprications won't help anyone.
your free to act as you wish, however harshness probably will just make matters worse in this case.

For this reason I'm going to close this topic sinse what has been said has been said, and further acid comments won't help anyone.

On a general level, I will say I'm truly ashamed of this community, of the instant assumption to "blaime the victim" and begin mud slinging and condemnning especially when said victim has come forward with at least part of the truth. It's not really surprising that people prefer to contact myself  privately when met with these sorts of accusationns and suspicions.

This sort of mob mentality and nastiness is truly disgusting, and makes crimes such as those commited here all the easier by isolating the very people most at risk, and not treating anyone with the compassion or sensativity they deserve.

Here's hoping there is an end to this, and I very much hope for the sake of other victims that nobody else in this community suffers this sort of abuse if this is the kind of reception they recieve!