2016-03-08 23:00:38

Hi everyone, it is my painful duty to have to inform you all that for the last month, I have been stalked both on Skype and on Survive the wild by one of the admins of said game, Walter Van Wyck.  This all started when I was trying to get a friend away from him, and led to him stalking us both and being very abusive towards us, but then denying it to the other, for example he'd tell my friend she was worth nothing, then tell me he hadn't said any such thing, even though I have the evidence my friend sent me to prove he was lying.  He's also been very abusive when my friend and I did work with him on his podcasts at blindaccess.org, not in the actual podcasts themselves, but in terms of if my friend and I dared to suggest anything to improve the podcasts, we were basically told to do things his way.  He also slated 2 of the people who gave me the inspiration to podcast, saying he was far better, which I thought was a totally wrong, and b childish. 

Now the reason I'm telling the community all this, is because last night my friend down in England opened an account in stw and began playing, but then out of the blue, she had Walter grilling her, thinking she was me with another account.  She skyped me and asked if I knew walter and told me he'd been very abusive towards her, so now my main concerne is that other girls might receive the same treatement as myself and my friends have done at Walter's hands. 

Finally, I'd like to tell you that I did report this to Sam, the developer of Survive the Wild, but other than saying he'd talk to Walter, Sam has done nothing, so Walter is still free to abuse his admin position by threatening me and my friends with checking up on us. 

Just be careful when playing Survive the Wild everyone, it's a great game, and it's just such a pitty people like him are left to get away with verble bullying and emotional blackmail.  I'm not saying don't play, I only want people to feel safe playing and to know what I've had to go through and to avoid this guy at all costs. 

I shall be posting this to audiogames.net with the permission of the admins there.  I thank you all for reading, and can only hope action will be taken at some stage to prove that I'm speaking nothing but the truth. 

From Lori.

out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

Thumbs up +3

2016-03-08 23:50:50

well I can't speak for female players of stw as I am not one, but I haven't had any negative experiences with walter, quite the contrary, he's been quite generous with giving out items not just to me, but to just about everyone, I haven't really seen any of this  abuse or stalking you're talking about.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 00:42:35

Hi to respond to this. her friend from england I just wanted to make shure that it was not lori. Because I muted Lori  not to talk to her and I did not want to  mute this other person if I did not have to. I always try to help people where I can. your friend did not just open her account. I help her before with items in the game. when she first started out. I like helping new players. I just wanted to make shure that she was not lori.  so that I don't have to talk to Lori. I helped your friend last week. She would say that to you.

I make podcasts for the VI cast podcast. The VI cast covers demo's of audio games, apps and programs for windows and android.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 02:21:28 (edited by Jeffb 2016-03-09 02:24:52)

Many times I have wanted to break my silence about this and have not done so. My friend who I will not name was really hurt by Walter he made her buy games for him, get things for him, and he hated me because I also talked to her. Which made no sense since he never met her and I went to high school with this person. I am not going to go into much detail on what happened to her but it was bad. He made her believe things that were unrealistic such as being able to hack into her computer. This got to the point that he forced her to let him get remote access so he could look through her computer at everything she had on it. She only excepted because she was afraid of the empty threats that she believed would occur if she didn’t. No matter what I did she would not block him and just move on. It wasn’t until the poster of this topic was made aware of the situation that she was able to help my friend get out of all of this. Also I would like to know why someone that got banned from STW was made an admin? If you look on the STW topic on page 20 you will see what I mean. I encourage anyone that talks to Walter to take caution while talking to him. If he was banned from STW for threatening to hack the server it makes me wonder who if anyone else he manipulated to become an admin.

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 66#p215266

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 02:23:25

From page 20.

walterjfw 2015-05-08 15:50:31
walterjfw
Galaxy stranger
User Karma: 8
Thanks.  now I know that I am not the only one.  Please sam friend please lift my band.  It is not fair you see sam I did not lie to you

499 Reply by Sam_Tupy 2015-05-08 16:54:05
Sam_Tupy
Entombinator
User Karma: 85
walter, vyou also threatoned to hack the server before, and I warned you about that. I'm not gonna get personal here, but not now. Anything else you wanna talk about this, please pm me, this isn't really for the topic.
walterjfw 2015-05-08 17:17:06

walterjfw
Galaxy stranger
User Karma: 8
I did pm you sam.  About that sorry that said those words.  I was angry but to tell you I am not a hacker.  I know how it feals to be hacked I promise I would not say sutch words again or try anything I am truly sorry please

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 03:21:04 (edited by superb 2016-03-09 03:24:00)

Hello.
Lorrie, I have recently talked to Walter about your allogations against him, and he vehemently denies abusing you verbally or at least those were not his intentions. Also he acknowledges his harsh treatment of the person you saidhe treated harshly, and he said he apologized to that person awhile ago. He also told me that his statements in that Blind-Access podcast were not meant to harm, they were mainly meant as a way of distributing his opinion. Regarding to the stalking on skype, he did acknowledge that someone (not himself) logged in as him and began abusing his contacts. He responsibly warned all of his contacts about this.
I hope that this clears things up, and I hope you respect any further responses from him.
Also before I end this, I would like to address the most recent poster's references.
Everybody has had twists and turns in their path to success, and Walter is no exception. He redeemed himself and is not guilty of the things which the recent poster's references to posts imply.
Thank you.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 03:27:24

There is no way to ever be sorry to what he did to my friend. My friend was threttoned, monipulated, and used. The only reason he's sorry is because he doesn't have her around any more to use.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 03:36:05

Nice drama topic. Move along people. Walter has given me a ton of items when I first started out.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 03:43:55

I'm not talking about STW thank you for your comment though.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 06:12:09

Hi Jeff, that is totally the way Walter has made me feel, and as for all this crap about finding out if my friend in England was me or not, I totally believe her when she said he was swearing at her, and not only that, but demanding to hear her voice!  She has learning diffculities, and couldn't understand what she'd done wrong!  That's what finally gave me the courage to speak out.  Also if you look at Walter's messages you'll notice that when he is angry his language becomes more bad in terms of swearing, which I've had to put up with almost everytime he pms me on stw.  As for him giving out things, yes he certainly is generious, but I doubt he'd abuse a guy as he knows they wouldn't take any of his crap, but would tell him where to go as it were.  The fact that he has to resort to manipulation and bullying to get his way with making girls do what he wants his way, makes me think he must be very unbalanced, and there was a time where I thought like some people do that he was a nice guy who actually cared about people and was genuine, however this isn't the case.  I can only hope my friend finds the courage and strength to block him once and for all so she can get back to living her life again free of fear.

out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 07:56:13

Hi.
@Walter: I have a question regarding your admin status on Survive the wild:
If Lori need your help in the game or she needs to talk to an admin, would you then help her like all other players in the game?
My point is: An admin should help all players no matter the internal issues you are having.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-03-09 10:23:29

Hi for all the community.
I am sorry
really sorry because I am going to right very harshly.
I don't know Lori duncan and walter van vic
but still I am asking a question?
What are you doing?
at lori
hello dear please please please don't waste our time
walter
please please please don't do waste our time.
in the general gaming discussion
We want stratigies,  help and information.
please teleport this in an off topic room
Where they can fight, and boom.
Lori and walter are you getting that?
what I am saying is a kari's dhat.
you all behaving like child

but still in the very mild.
Lori teach me that don't whine.
and walter is an admin of shine.
how is that.
you like it of course you but still don't
then I am sorry and forgive me you both.
I am still in my growth.
Thanks
ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 10:27:30

Prediction:
Jnygre vf thvygl bs unenffvat tveyf, fgvyy, ng nebhaq svsgl-frira creprag pbasvqrapr. V'z srryvat na hetr gb tb uvture, ohg pna'g dhvgr whfgvsl vg onfrq ba gur rivqrapr gung V'z njner bs.
Can explain how I got there, but would rather not do so publicly, because I'd rather not feed the drama. Besides, pretty sure the last time I tried making predictions about people in sensitive situations, I was wrong.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 10:48:54

Moderation!

Just to let people know. Lori did contact me regarding this matter and her claims about walter van wyck's behaviour, much of which was criminally actionable.

Yes, of course Walter or someone else would deny this, however that is pa for the course, (people don't tend to admit to these sorts of abusive behaviours lightly, if they did we'd not need police). were Walter in the Uk I'm fairly sure criminal charges would be brought here.
Lori is a long standing and reliable member of this community who has been around for quite some time and generally is not inclined to make up such allegations against others on a whim, so I am inclined to believe her, particularly about the threats and cyber stalking.

I personally have no direct authority over Survive the wild players, nor has Walter to my knolidge caused issues on the forum, however I did encourage Lori to post this topic sinse this is an extremely serious matter and one which should be dealt with. simply saying "well Walter said sorry so it's okay" is not an adequate response here, (it's easy to say sorry especially when most of the offending behaviour is private and easy to deny, sinse while both people have evidence computer evidence in the form of textfiles is easy to change).

I do agree with cae jones that this is not a time for drama, this is a time for dealing with something rationally. however sinse this involves potentially criminal threatening behaviour bare in mind it's a serious business and thus I'd request everyone be extremely calm on the matter.

I am not sure if Survive the Wild has any impartial admins who can deal with the situation (ie Admins who aren't directly friends of Walter), however for the time being I'd recommend people go carefully and in particular consider whether Survive the wild is a game they want to play given that this sort of behaviour occurs (especially if it is not dealt with).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-03-09 10:56:01 (edited by CAE_Jones 2016-03-09 10:57:06)

(I remembered something that changes my prediction somewhat. I'm not editing it in, because that would make it impossible to prove I made it. Just change the svsgl-frira to svsgl-avar. This is my last post regarding this until the matter is resolved; if I need to update anything, I'll do so by editing this post, not the first.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 11:33:23

Hello,
I'm simply going to say this.
I think gaming should be for everyone. Male or female. But the problem is, there's a weird stigma right now in the gaming community when it comes to female gamers, and I say this as someone who has taken part in mainstream games. I don't know why this is, but it has to stop. Stalking someone just because you have their details, just because you found them on a game, is definitely not acceptable in my book. Also being negative toward someone just because they play games. It's annoying when people basically drive the female gamers off by saying they aren't aloud to game, in the most extreme circumstances.

Thumbs up +1

2016-03-09 11:53:57

I wasn't going to weigh in on this topic, but I've also been talking with the same person who jeff has.  I don't know if they'll speak out, I'm hoping they will, but I can't say whether they will or not is not up to me.  I see where CAE and Stirlock are coming from.  From an outsiders view, it's just pointless drama.  We also have no proof of this here on the forums.  It's your word against his.  Does that mean I don't believe you?  No it doesn't but I see why others don't.  All I'll say is this.  If some one's threatening you, do what you can to make yourself safe.  Look up good antivirus/spyware detection software, and learn about about protecting yourself online.  I've known Jeff and my mutual friend for somewhere areound ten years now, and I've known Jeff for even longer.  Not that mean smuch, but there you go.  But, what do I know?  I'm just an outsider.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 11:54:23

but walter is a good guy.
he explains everything.
I can not predict like cae_jones the predicter but you can surely guess the nature of walter.
What he did.
and lastly
Walter is not a virus and you cannot say if he did with lori then he behave like this with others.
I don't want to offend and defend anybody.
but the fact that if walter will be banned it will be the great loss for the audiogames.net community.
well I don't say this again if I will tell you you will ban me I am afraid
because there is no thomas ward the linient person.
Thanks
Ishan

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 11:59:23

again.
Lori
do not waste your time in this rubbish.
you should write a pm for dark but you din't why?
can you answer that?
you girls are the same
I know and I have experienced that.
for all of the members.
Please don't right in this topic.
the topic should be closed now from my side.
and you should follow me and wait and watch
OK?
Ishan

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 12:37:53

Moderation!

@Ishen, anymore sexist remarks about "you girls are the same" and you will be banned from the forum. Whatever goes on elsewhere we don't tolerate that sort of thing here, especially in situations like this.

As regards the situation,  yes, it is one person's word against anothers, but this is a much more serious matter than just spamming someone and needs to be handled as such.
As I said, lori has been a long standing member of the community and I'm quite aware she doesn't accuse people of this out of the blue, indeed I encouraged her to speak out about this precisely so that others will be better able to keep themselves safe.

Also, whatever Walter (or anyone else), has done for the community, when your talking about this sort of safety and actual harm that wouldn't matter.
As I said, I will not take any action against Walter on this forum sinse this forum is all I'm responsable for and to my knolidge he has not behaved badly on here thus far. What the survive the wild admins choose to do about this situation is up to them, however people are now aware of the situation and indeed the risk.

I will reiterate however that this is not an occasion for drama, but for delicacy.

@Aaron, I don't think this was a specifically anti female gamer sentiment as much as it was just an unpleasant case of cyber stalking, neither are good things, but don't confuse the two.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-03-09 13:15:42 (edited by Luciana 2016-03-09 13:25:17)

Greetings.
I've red all messages and... ...  I'm the old player of stw, so I know most of the people there, and, honestly I couldn't say anything bad about Walter. Yes, maybe he's swearing sometimes, but guys, who doesn't swear now? Anyway, I just can't know what did he do to Lori, and her friend, and some other people, but I know Lori, and I don't think that she is lying. Even I've met her not so long time ago, I see she is human which didn't get used to talk the shit about people, she is very polite with all, even if someone was trying to hurt her, she wasn't agressive with this guy / girl who were ever doing it. But also, I'd like to say something more about  Walter: he is such of admins, who always helping people, and he is very responsable, in this long period I know him, he never did anything bad to me, or to my friends. If there ever was a some ununderstandable between us, we always was able to solv it, and if he was guilty, He always apologized.  So I don't know how it could happen, but I'm so sorry about that. There are some admins which are much, much much worse than Walter is, but unfortunately, they still are, admins, and keep doing shit while Walter is actually helping people.  Guys, I really hope that you will get away all your troubles, it's really sad to read, hear, how ever that you're swearing here. I respect you both, so I'm just shocked now. Anyway, thank you Lori for this topic, I'll be noticed but, about another one, thing.
Have a good time, thanks.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 13:31:04

And, one more: Ishan, could you be more polite? If ya will continu with that, I think soon all females, and people ingeneral, will just ignor you, I even didn't read all your post to the end, cause it's bloody. Thanks to administrators who warned him.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 14:44:15

I never swaired at your friend Lori can you please get me the log that I swaired your friend? I did not.

I make podcasts for the VI cast podcast. The VI cast covers demo's of audio games, apps and programs for windows and android.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 14:52:56

I wanted to here that person's voice to make shure  that account is not Lori her self because I did not want to mute her if it was not needed. I really like helping new players when they get started with the game. I wanted to tell the player this but the server crashed and I did not get a chance.

Thumbs up

2016-03-09 14:58:14

To anser your question yes I would help lori if she needed my help. It is my job to do that so yes I would. Even if I muted her if Lori send a admintell mesige with a problem then yes I will help her with no problems. that is why I am there to help people.

Thumbs up +1