2016-01-29 16:12:00

Hi. Awesome addon. Great job. Also isn't working for me yet.

2016-01-29 16:35:50 (edited by keyIsFull 2016-01-29 16:36:50)

I just started the shadow rine tutorial this morning and it's great!
Though I can't access your web site, and i haven't been able to access it for the last 3 or so hours. Your translation server still works, but the blind gamers.com website does not.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-29 16:43:08

I'm now getting a Handshake error when trying to login.
@Seanterry, I'm having the same issue as you.

2016-01-29 17:02:58

I have the same issue, handshake error. I can't whait to work again!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2016-01-29 17:12:29

The same error is happening to me, hope it gets fixed soon!

2016-01-29 18:30:35 (edited by Ian Reed 2016-01-29 19:19:59)

Sorry all, my web server quit early this morning for some reason.
It looks like it was down for about 5 hours.
I've reset it and things are working again, but I'll look deeper to see why that happened in the first place.

@Sean-Terry01, did you follow the instructions for getting ShadowRine to output to NVDA?
If ShadowRine is set to output to the clipboard it will not work.

Edit: updated how long it was down for, based on new information.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2016-01-29 19:37:41

Well, I just chose something because as others have said, the very first screen doesn't seem to translate, and I must have chosen correctly as everything works fine now. I love it. It reminds me of when I would listen to my uncle play games so I could listen to them. I love knowing what is being said. and I also wanted to mention something, Yesterday in your recording Ian, you said that the voice spoken parts are just that and not readable. Well, I actually was able to read each thing as it was being spoken just fine. It is very very awesome sir, keep up the awesome work.

2016-01-29 19:44:08 (edited by assault_freak 2016-01-29 19:51:46)

the first screen is not supposed to translate... because it's a standard windows dialog. the text isn't going through to NVDA, as it were, it's just being read by the screenreader like any other dialog box.

Edit: Weird.. apparently the demo has everything translated. I wonder why people are having this issue.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-29 20:21:56

That first screen does not display correct Japanese text unless you are using appLocale and possibly the Japanese keyboard.
I translated the buttons with appLocale on, then hardcoded the gibberish that Windows displays when it is off to be the correct translations, at least for the buttons.
That is why it works in the audio demo.
I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some people, perhaps if they are using an Italian or Spanish version of Windows they get different gibberish than I do.
That said, I did include instructions in the JGT user manual for setting ShadowRine to output to NVDA without being able to read the buttons in that first dialog.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2016-01-29 23:58:56

so, do we need to download a newer version of the addon since you said you fixed somethings?

2016-01-30 00:01:58

Yes the addon should be redownloaded. It works for me now, it's time to play Shadow Rine!

2016-01-30 01:57:01

Yep, if you want those bug fixes then you will have to redownload it.

~ Ian Reed

2016-01-30 06:26:19

I just noticed a bug I caused when making my other recent fixes.
It caused the NVDA menu and the start menu to not read whenever auto translate last spoken is enabled.
I've fixed it and uploaded it, so please redownload.
Sorry to anyone who got that bug.

~ Ian Reed

2016-01-30 08:30:50 (edited by BryanP 2016-01-31 01:55:00)

Just downloaded it and gave it a go. I haven't played much of the game but so far I'm definitely impressed. This is much more streamlined and for sure more convenient than the old way.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-01-30 09:00:21

I don't know what happened, but for some odd reason, the JGT settings and login menus disappeared from my preferences menu. I have reinstalled the addon several times.
I just now downgraded back to NVDA 16.4, and the issue persists.
I wonder if I should restart, but i've done a whole bunch of restarting today.

2016-01-30 18:48:03

its worcking fine for my   n  v   d   a

2016-01-30 20:15:02

I've reinstalled the addon several times, removing and installing it, but still no settings or login items. Ugg. This is what happened on Snapshots before, but a downgrade to 16.4 fixed it. When a fix came out and people said it was working on Snapshots, I upgraded. all of a sudden the two items disappeared so I downgraded again and still cannot get them in my prefs menu.
How can I fix this issue?

2016-01-30 20:52:48

@Orin, I just tested with today's NVDA master snapshot and the addon seems to be working.
If you've already tried removing the addon through the addon manager without success, you might also try removing it manually from the addons folder.
For a portable copy of NVDA this is in the userConfig\addons folder.
For an installed version it is in %AppData%\vda\addons folder.
Just delete the Ian Reed's Japanese games translator folder.
Then you might want to restart NVDA, then try installing a fresh copy of the addon.

~ Ian Reed

2016-01-31 01:02:21

Doing a completely from scratch install worked. By that I mean removing NVDA via it's installer, restarting, and then removing the NVDA folder from %appdata%. I of course made a backup of my addons folder, but reinstalled JGT fresh before adding my other addons. It's working great now, let's hope it continues this way.
On a side note, Gekiransen: All Star Batnet, if the translation is even translating that correctly, really needs auto translation support with JGT. At the beginning of the game, you have to configure your keys to move your character. This means that when you're doing that, you can't hit NVDA-SHFT-U to see what the instructions are--which key you're about to press what it will be mapped to. I've tried this several times and I come out in the end mapping stuff like caps lock to random inputs because of the translate clipboard keystroke.
Also, I've been thinking, but is there a way for Ian to add the ability to, say, in the text games, when a menu comes up to do an NVDA command to copy that text to the clipboard and then auto translate it? The more I think about it the more I think it'd be impossible to add the auto translation functionallity to these menus so we can just arrow through them like a treditional menu. Why these games don't just copy menu text to the clipboard like they do everything else is kinda strange.

2016-01-31 01:21:14

Hello;

I'd really like Jdt to be able to translate the game return of the king, but it's in Chinese. it's in the new releases forum and you'll have to read the last or second to last page to get the dropbox link and figure out how to log in, (sorry but I'm having a bit of trouble with that,) and after all that if you could get your translator addon to translate that game, it would be amazing.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-01-31 03:24:52

Hello;

You can get the latest version of the game from the last post in the return of the king topic.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-01-31 04:21:14

Whoops, found another bug.
When arrowing through the list of stages, when I reach stage 24, I get the error, No JSON object could be decoded.
When I ran my packet sniffer program, and looked at the log, I discovered that an internal server error was being triggered.

2016-01-31 11:20:27

You know... I understand why you did the cache and all, and I'm wondering if it might have created another benefit.
Is the cache editable by humans? And how easy would it be for you to set up a simple web interface for certain people to be able to? Because I'm thinking; if we are already caching strings, why don't we see if people are interested in fixing the grammar on those strings, to make propper english translations? (of course anything not in the cache could still use google but, if people wanted, certain parts could be made to pretty much feel like an english game) just a thought.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-01-31 12:30:29

Hi.
Just a quick note, Has someone tried nyanchan sugoroku dx yet? Because i have and it works completely fine. so if you wanna play that translated, you can.
That's how i knew most of the rules of the game without the readme.

2016-01-31 20:38:26

@harrylst, yep, I had the same thought.
I think it makes the most sense for people who know both languages to do it.
I do have a web interface for editing translation records.
I'd need to improve it a bit to get it ready for human translators.
So if I get any volunteers who know both English and Japanese and want to spend a lot of time translating, I'll work on that.

@Brad, sorry, but I'm going to stick to Japanese to English translations for now.
It also looks like it is an online game, which poses extra problems for getting a finite cache of translations.

~ Ian Reed