2015-09-27 12:54:11

I've quickly posted a (hopefully) fixed client.  I didn't change the version number or anything, but it should solve that crashing bug.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-09-27 15:10:47

so far, from a very brief test, yes, it's solved it. thanks aprone!

2015-09-27 22:02:09

New update is posted.  The list doesn't seem very long, but the monthly financial statement was actually a pretty big addition to the game.  I'm still working on having items change over time, but that is in the works (for those who have requested that).

Changes from 0.7 to 0.8

- Fixed a bug in the store features menu that prevented the "previous menu" option from working.
- Buying extra store features now correctly tells you that the purchase worked.
- The game now correctly shows how many extra features you've added to your store.
- The employee bonus feature was not correctly helping prevent a union from forming.  It does now.
- AI players are now able to buy extra store features related to making their employees happier.
- AI players are now able to buy extra store features that make their store more appealing to customers.
- The brain of AI player Emily has been adjusted to help it make better choices in the game.
- The brain of AI player Lillian has been adjusted to help it make better choices in the game.
- I've stolen some sounds from the Revelation game, so choosing your screen reader with Tab will be nicer.
- Shoplifters now exist.  When an item is stolen, you will hear a certain sound on your left.  You can lower the odds of shoplifters stealing merchandise by adding store extras features that have to do with security.
- The Quarterly updates have been completely redesigned, and turned into monthly financial statements.
- Monthly financial statements are also stored in a text file to make them easier to view or review.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-09-27 22:23:46

Wo, I just realized something and I can't believe it took me this long: The monthly finantial statement text file thing will also be a great way for forumights/players to share their stats with everyone too!

2015-09-27 22:45:21

Sorry for double posting, but I seem to have found another instance of a runtime error. It says type mismatch. It seems to happen near the end of each month, but I can't seem to figure out exactly when or how. It's happened twice in a row though, I've not been able to get past January.

2015-09-27 22:55:24

Aaron do you happen to have a saved file that is near when the game errors?  I haven't been able to reproduce the bug yet myself, and I'd love to squash it before it affects too many people.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-09-27 22:56:14

Hi Aprone, as you playing, as you are selling, you get runtime error 13: Type mismatch.

Thought I'd let you know.

2015-09-27 23:39:57

I really wish I'd saved my game now so I could help. I'll try again and keep saving this time. Hopefully it'll error out on me again so the bug can be squashed.

2015-09-28 19:49:57 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-09-28 20:14:59)

hmm, when I hit shift-enter to buy stuff, the focus on the previous menu moves up one, so if I was focused on isle 1 and  bought something, it would focus me on the number of isles I had. That's really annoying and I don't think it was an intended feature because it's not in the changes.
bug with monthly statements
You spent $0.00 on 0 Audyssey magazine.
You sold 254 Audyssey magazine for a profit of $20,231.92.  2 were stolen by shoplifters, for a loss of $269.23.
You spent $0.00 on 0 Dark Music CD.
You sold 119 Dark Music CD for a profit of $8,647.60.  1 was stolen by shoplifters, for a loss of $117.60.
You spent $0.00 on 0 Grue's adventures.
You sold 220 Grue's adventures for a profit of $148,730.80.

not sure who was selling those, maybe it was the total number bought and sold by all 4 stores?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-09-28 21:25:54

KeyIsFull, good catch on that menu issue.  I've got it fixed in the next version that's still being worked on.  For the monthly statement, had you actually bought those items?  I'm trying to figure out if it didn't correctly record you buying those items (so they say zero), or if you never bought them and it is incorrectly showing sales for stuff you never sold.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-09-28 21:32:04

A few little things:
From the monthly statement:
You began January with $50,000.00 and ended with $44,158.45, for a net gain of $5,841.55.

That should be a net loss, or at least show as a negative number.

Also from the monthly reports, the items listed do not match the items I actually purchased. It seems like the first 4 items are always listed in the report.

You spent $250.80 on 40 Audyssey magazine.
You sold 31 Audyssey magazine for a profit of $778.51.  1 was stolen by shoplifters, for a loss of $22.74.
You sold 25 Dark Music CD for a profit of $8,087.06.  2 were stolen by shoplifters, for a loss of $2,747.84.
You spent $0.00 on 0 Grue's adventures.
You sold 60 Grue's adventures for a profit of $2,906.40.
You spent $0.00 on 0 Heroes card game.
You sold 40 Heroes card game for a profit of $56.70.

It would be great if the last sales price for an item would be remembered even if it was not the current item in an aisle, or in a different aisle.

Also would be cool to have a way to enter in a sales price instead of incrementing and decrementing. Especially useful for expensive items.

You should be able to get more than one of some items such as shopping carts, security guards, etc. They would also become more needed as a store expands.

Definitely a cool start.

2015-09-28 21:41:43

You spent $250.80 on 40 Audyssey magazine.
Shouldn't it be magazines?
Shouldn't it also be CD's not CD?

2015-09-29 02:22:42

Following up on the reports bug, looks like net gain and net loss are just reversed. At least that's an easy fix.

2015-09-29 04:58:24

I will get threw a couple months, then the game will crash. Is anyone else having this problem?

2015-09-29 08:23:37

Ahoy Aprone
Another one of those awesome releases! I enjoy these type of games even though I suck at them or at least don't do as well as some,but eh I have fun and that is all that matters. big_smile

On the items issue reported by keyisfull I have experienced the same,and as to your question, no I didn't buy any of those items. what I bought were tvs, nokia phones(really? lol ) etc. they weren't listed in the monthly report instead all these audicy mags and cds were the things that were
Someone reported their game crashing at the end of January. it happened with me too when I tried it first,but didn't the second time round, the only thing I remember doing differently is changing the name of my store. the first time I changed the name, and the second time I didn't. Might have to play with that one a bit to see if that is what causes the crash
Thanks for another awesome game. lets see if I can make it to the end of 5 years....
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-09-29 09:14:14

I'm still not having any luck reproducing the crash.  Once I do, I should be able to fix it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-09-29 11:33:14

yes yes me too, january, type mismatch. boo

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-09-29 23:02:43

Hello,
I tried saving my game this time and ironically, no error. However, I think I might have figured out when the error occurs. It seems to be when he monthly statement generates, as it made the same sound. That could just be me though.

2015-09-30 03:32:19

This is true on my end as well. It seems to crash about when the monthly statement comes for usually my second or third month. I haven't tried saving a game yet.

2015-09-30 04:44:11

I've been swamped, but hopefully in the next few days I'll have time to sit down and search for this bug again.  sad

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-08 21:25:02

Hi,
This is a great game! I always wanted to play something like that, especially since I like strategy games. I noticed the type mismatched error, but it just happens out of nowhere, so it's hard for me to reproduce as well. I have a feature suggestion though. I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but could you add the ability to modify/create your own custom items to sell? The current items are great, but what if I wanted to own a store that sells food, for example? Just a thought.

2015-10-09 01:24:53

theextreme, I will keep that idea in mind.  I plan to revisit U-Mart to do another big update very soon.  Actually I thought I would have already done so but the last few days turned out be extremely busy so I haven't done much of anything productive.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-09 15:17:29

Hello. Awesome game, I liked it a lot. But well, there's something strange I found other then the bug the guys previously mentionned, which once happened to me as well. The other bug I'm gonna be describing is when I saved my game when it was at the month of August 2015, I reloaded it after a while and got the date something like 01.2014, with wrong item names and almost everything unnamed. I can upload my save if you want, but first I'll have to see if this is only happening with me or if there's someone experiencing the same bug.

2015-10-09 17:26:12

Roro, yes please send me your saved game.  I'd like to examine it myself to see where it went wrong.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-10 09:17:43 (edited by Riad 2015-10-10 09:25:02)

Hello.
@Aprone here's my save.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi … 8160582618