2015-09-25 03:20:36

Use *object review* to review command line windows.
If you get an infinit loop when you press any key then ctrl c the game away (or use task manager, sometimes it doesn't want to die).

2015-09-26 08:48:26

People i can not download this game, can somebody send me a game. Becouse when try to download from link in first post i can not becouse is activate my antyvirus...

2015-09-26 08:51:38

OK! Press in the game NVDA+num-pad minus, them numpad+5. After that press numpad 7 and numpad 9.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-09-26 09:05:09

still the same. it just reads the path of the file with nvda + numpad 5, with numpad 9 it doesn't say anything.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2015-09-26 23:47:11

I'm not quite sure where you're getting numpad 5 or minus from, neither of them are related in this situation.
Keys to use:
Nvda+numpad 1.: move to object review.
numpad7-8-9: read previous-current-next line.
numpad 4-5-6: read previous-current-next word.
numpad 1-2-3: read previous-current-next character.
All keys require numlock to be disabled.

2015-09-27 00:00:40

also make sure that focus moves navigator object is turned on (nvda-7 on the number row).

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-09-27 00:07:23

For those having trouble downloading:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85682400/Warsim.exe
I'll leave the file up for at least a few days.

2016-09-25 02:36:04

Yes, threadcromancy (I did consider making a new thread for this but decided this one would do).

This is to say that Huw2k8, developer of The wastes is back, working on Warsim in a pretty major way. indeed, I see several of the ideas in Warsim that were planned for town management in The wastes, which is awesome, plus there is some fun randomization, albeit warsim is a very different game being obviously a war sim.

I'll be first to confess that originally i found the game a bit confusingconfusing, with the way that there were so many randomly generated kingdoms and bandits seemed to steal all of your money, however now the game has been very much streamlined, makes far more sence and can be played quite logically.

Okay, so what can you do in warsim.

You control a kingdom and have various threats including bandits, goblins who may or may not be slaves, and a rebellion to deal with. You have lands that generate soldiers like knights and peasants and you can also find them in other ways.
You can ally with other nations, or indeed declare war on them, and there is an arena with stuff about arena fighting, indeed I've only scratched the surface thus far, there's a lot to do and a lot to try out, however like the wastes it's %100 accessible, ---- there are some odd ascii decorations but hopefully Huw may remove those, albeit even if he doesn't they're far smaller than the ones in the wastes used to be and very easy to avoid.

so, you can find out about the game Here on it's redit page and Download the latest version from Dropbox

Also as with The Wastes, Huw seems to be doing lots of very rapid work on this one, which is awesome!

Methinks this will be fun!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-25 02:55:11

It doesn't run under win10 at all though.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2016-09-25 05:47:15 (edited by Soul Keeper 2016-09-25 05:50:32)

I thought the latest update to this was February or early march?
Apparently, I was wrong.
Very wrong.
Awesome!

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2016-09-25 13:14:55

Ooooh, thats realy realy great! I loved this warsim! Glad to see that he is working on this again! Thanks dark for letting us know! It is so much more than only a simple warsim! Ruling, exploring, diplomacy, upgrading and so on!

2016-09-25 14:43:57

am going to have to keep an eye on this.

2016-09-25 22:18:03

Hi Dark!
Maybe you could ask Wastelander if he would return back to this forum topic? I tryed to sing in on reddit but somehow it doesnt work.
I got a strange crash of warsim wich i can show to him by sending my saved game.

2016-09-25 22:24:32

I actually already have mentioned this forum to huw in my email, hopefully he'll be back here since if he could post his beta notes here that would be great.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-25 22:51:42

Yeah, you are completely wright. You have done what you can.
OK, so lets post new betas here when one of us finds out first.
I think, the Link is allways the same cause of the name. But i am not sure with this. We will see.

2016-09-27 14:26:17

OK, beta 0.6.22 is ready for download. The new stuff sounds interesting, but i am still sad the game still crashes with my old savegame the same way like in 0.6.21. It is so bad i cant contact the developer.

2016-09-27 20:05:06

Where i can download this 0.6.22 beta version?

2016-09-27 20:06:23

And does any try to create a knight order?

2016-09-27 21:09:17

When I try to download the game, I get a file not found on the link in the first post, and when I try the drop box link I get a 404 not found

Audio game king

2016-09-27 21:23:16

Try this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1msxnwh5e9vf … m.rar?dl=1

@Milos: Give me a minute, i will check it out. I saw your question in the other post.

2016-09-27 21:35:11

OK Milos. I created one. First you have to build the hall of order for 30000. Then you need 5000 and 10 knights to build a new order. You find this option in the other buildings menu. When you have selected this you have to name the order. After that you can visit the order and give them little instructions for example recruit or fighting rebels. I think it is a little bit useles by now.
Damn, i could make some sugestions for this, but i cant sign up on reddit.

2016-09-29 01:24:20

It keeps scrolling with nvda when I enter the game, reads everything and doesn't let me enter any text. Is there a way to get around this?

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2016-10-04 21:02:07

hi all, I think this isn't abouth this game bus can someone post a linko to wastelands? I want to get the last version but I can't. thanks

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2016-10-07 14:30:04 (edited by firefly82 2016-10-07 17:33:53)

Happy happy happy weekend!
Version 0.6.2.3 is ready for download. The link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1msxnwh5e9vf … m.rar?dl=1

Here is the original post:

Decent little update today guys, still dealing with a lot of personal issues at the moment so I've had little time to work on the game, and I've worked on things here and there but forgotten about them, so there are a few things that have been added that are missing from the changelog, If any of you guys have any suggestions for independent kingdoms shoot them at me, I love independent kingdoms and I'm look for ways to further diversify them, should be adding things like currency types and trading soon so that will make things more interesting.
• Fixed recruitment screen spacing bug
• Fixed face generators word bug
• Added Demigod faces
• overhauled human faces
• Added cup game to exploration
• Fixed the goblin celebration bug found by /u/roaringdragon2
• Fixed the brawler pit bug found by /u/roaringdragon2
• Added ability for goblin horde to form (does nothing yet)
• Added diplomacy with Krut and Erak goblins
• Added prisoner execution event
• Added prisoner freed event
• Added prisoner join factione vent
• Added prisoner form group event
• Randomised the pest group kill level
• Fixed personality leaders issue
• Added elven faces
• Added dwarvern faces

2016-10-07 17:19:43

Is there a changelog for this somewhere?

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.