2007-03-15 22:19:29 (edited by dark empathy 2007-03-25 21:29:27)

A message from Phil vlasak of Pcs games:

"Late in the evening of July seven, a young female was spotted entering the Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Instead of reading about the intruder in a story, why don't we actually follow her around the castle?"

This is what you can do in the new game from, PCS, Sarah and the Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In the game you are Sarah, an American teenager, visiting it for the first time. She discovers that a mischievous poltergeist picked the pockets of the students leaving for the summer holidays and sprinkled money and magical items throughout the castle.

Somewhere in the castle, she will be able to find and use wands that increase her powers, a two-way mirror, Extendible Ears, racing brooms, a Time Turner Necklace, and a very expensive invisibility cloak. With all that and more, Sarah won't have to go through the corridors of the castle unprotected.

The Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry game transports Sarah and you into a world of fantasy filled with secret passageways and hidden chambers. As Sarah you explore the castle searching for magical items, fighting creepy creatures knowing at any minute, disaster may strike.

So, take a trip with Sarah to the Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry and pay a visit to the ghost's Deathday party in the dungeon, pop into the kitchen for a chat with the sometimes helpful House-Elf;
slide down a pipe for a spot of spelunking in the chamber of secrets, try to hide from the cranky caretaker, pick up plenty of coins to buy sweets at the sweet shop, spend some time in the library learning new spells and finally, hold on tight as you fly on a broom trying to catch the golden
snitch.

You can Download the Sarah game from two sites.
The Pcs games website

The file name is, Sarah10.exe, and it's size is 176.4 MB.

Or you can also download the game on the,
Draconis Entertainment site.

You can try out the first game chapter which includes the Ground floor and Basement. You can play this chapter as many times as you wish. A registration key will unlock all 14 chapters. Sarah and the Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry, is sold through a collaboration with Draconis Entertainment. The price for a registration key that unlocks the full game is $31.95 US.

Special Offer.
Anyone purchasing the game from the day of release until the end of March 2007 will be put into a raffle for a chance to win a magic wand. This is the officially licensed Deluxe wand with light and sound. It is motion activated, has 3 magical movie sounds and lights up. A must have for any true fan! Requires two (2) AA batteries, included.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-03-15 23:02:13

As I said on the gamers mailinglist, it's an extremely good game. It's one of the best games I ever came across.

Just wanted to yell it out again.

2007-03-16 12:46:58

oh no.
bad news guys. lately games from the gma game engine have my sound card al of a sudden, go distorted and such. i have downloaded some drivers and will install them tonight, when dad gets back, that way i hopefully won't screw up. but i hope i can get it fixed soon, and i will buy this game as soon as i can i promice you that!
i can't wait to get the sword, go in the chamber of secretsan and kill the basilisk, but the question is, how can you use the sword? if you press enter, you'll have to keep pressing tab, enter, tab, enter... and you mightt die because of that! i think!
regards,
aaron

2013-04-09 20:03:37

hi gamers. i'm shalva. you remember me? i have some question and help. who still have the beta vertion of sarah? i want to download it and try it out. so, please someone can upload it?
shalva.

kamochek.

2013-04-09 23:51:09

Hi,
You are behind the times. The full version, at least version 1.0 or so, is out now and it has every level in it. There was an update a while back that added lots of new sounds too.

2013-04-10 04:23:59

hi gamers.
i'm not bahined the times. i never saw played the beta vertion because only 3 years ago i found out about computer games, and only 5 years i have a computer. the beta vertion was removed 6 years ago. please please please please someone uplode the beta, because i want to see the difrent between the full vertion and this. i wanted it for 2 years. and what you told about the update? you meen sarah 1.2? if yes, phil didn't released it yet. if you talking about sarah patch4, i have it. if you talking about another update with sounds which i don't know about, tell me what is it. and about sarah 1.2: you know that in the website of pcsgames, phil wrought that he need someone to record the voice of the pub owner. 3 months ago i told him that i can to record this lines. he sent me a text, i printed it, and went with it to school. there i found the english teacher, and told her to read this text. she red this text and i recorded her with my digital tape recorder. after that, i sent to phil this recording and he'll maybe use it for the new vertion of sarah. but i want the publick beta because i've played the full sarah 1000 times, and it stoped to intrest me. but the beta interesting me now, so please someoneupload it.
don't tell me to go to internet archive wayback machine, select pcsgames.net and search it there, because there the page don't working.
shalva

kamochek.

2013-04-10 04:27:22

hi gamers.
i told that i only 3 years ago found out about computer games. i knew about computer games before. i meen that i found out 3 years ago about computer games for blind people.
shalva

kamochek.

2013-04-20 15:48:32

hi gamers.
today i've got the beta vertion of sarah. you can have it.
http//www.pcsgames.net/sarah10beta.exe

kamochek.

2013-04-21 11:49:08 (edited by Phil 2013-04-21 18:13:30)

HiShalva,
You left out a punctuation mark in the link to
my 2005 beta of Sarah.
So I am including it here:
It is on my web site at,
http://www.pcsgames.net/Sarah10Beta.exe

Sarah10Beta.exe 81,393 MB

Be aware that it installs in the same folder as the current Sarah game so
during installation, you must change the game location.
It uses the same desktop quick link so you need to change that also.
I would suggest going to your desktop and re-naming the current desktop
quick link to something else, such as  just Sarah or Sarah11.
This was dated 2005 and uses the Crystal voice from A T and T which was
replaced with Sarah Alawami's voice in the current version. I tried it
yesterday to make sure it still workes, but didn't explore it too much, so
I'm not sure what bugs are in it.
I am still working on the update Sarah 1.2, and just got a new recording
from Sarah Alawami that I am adding to the game that will make the Hogwarts
grounds level sound like the rest of the game.
In developing the new level, I used the crystal voice to say all the new
objects and locations, but wanted Sarah to record them.
I am adding a wand shop and the three broomsticks pub to the Hogsmeade town
next to the sweet shop, which now has a door so you can exit to the rest of
the town. Of course down the road is a haunted shack and the gate to the
castle.

This beta uses the GMA engine and was written in VB6 so needs the same
libraries as the other PCS and GMA games on new computers.
Phil

2013-04-21 21:18:41

hi phil.
so, when you'll release the new vertion?
or can you upload it here?
shalva

kamochek.

2013-04-22 23:07:53

Hi Shalva,
Before I tell you when I will be finished with version 1.2 what do you think of the early beta?
Most of the complaints wer with the crystal voice so I was happy when Sarah agreed to do the voice .
I will let this forum know when the update is finished.  So far I still need the updated engine file from David, plus I need to incorporate Sarah's new lines into the game.
So I can't give you a specific date on release.

2013-04-23 13:06:17

hi phil.
if you talking about the 2005 beta, it's good. interesting. but, there is a beta of vertion 1.2? can you send me that vertion? i mean: if i'm not mistaken, you have 2 copies of vertion 1.2: the first which you are working on it, and the second which you recorded for the sneak prevew when you demonstrated the potion book, the new apparation and some other things. can you send to me this vertion? and another question: why in the full vertion of sarah you removed from the 6th floor the apparasion classroom and room something like lined room in dragon skin? what is it?
and please upload the vertion 1.2 which you recorded for the sneak prevew.
shalva

kamochek.

2013-04-23 14:38:48

Hi Shalva,
The beta for version 1.2 is only on my computer.
that is a development copy with all sounds accessible and not encripted.
So I can't pass it around as then you could play it and even change it if you want, which would mean I would lose controll of the source code which is in straight text files.
Once the beta is finished it will be given to my beta team to test.
Once that is done and changes are made, then I will release the game.
Phil

2013-04-23 18:32:30

hi phil.
what do you mean by text files?
so, you can send me something from vertion 1.2?
recording, text file or something els?
shalva

kamochek.

2013-04-24 06:15:24

hi phil.
today i opened yore website, and didn't saw the recording of the pub owner. which recording you've disided to use? my or another?
2: i've disided to be yore beta tester. you can send me the game when you'll send it to the all beta testers and i'll test it. if i'm not mistaken, the work of beta tester is to easy: play the game, and if i or another tester will find the bugg in it, he or i reporting to you. send me that vertion which you sending to beta testers and i'll do the same thing as yore beta testers.
you know?i dremed a dream to night, and in the dream i played the beta vertion of 1.2. someone uploaded it without yore knowing.
shalva

kamochek.

2013-04-24 13:36:40

Hi Shalva,
The GMA engine uses .txt files or plain text to controll the levels. They are encripted in the compiled game so people can't read them.
No I will not send out these files.
I already have a beta team set up for 1.2.
As for the Sarah10Beta, I an removing it from my web site today.
I have not picked which pub recording voice I will use yet.

2015-07-25 00:31:30

Hi i know i already made a topic but i didn't realize this was about beta's. I won't ask for your new beta i just want the old one. It seems to be the only way i can get the game. I tried paying for it a few years ago but i live in Canada so it didn't work. Thank you have a wonderful day.