2015-07-11 17:52:34 (edited by burak 2021-06-23 15:55:15)

Hi guys,
With a suggestion from Ömer, I have decided to create a little tool that makes dealing with footsteps easier. You can put in more footsteps in less time with this! Unfortunately your sound card needs to support stereo mix to get the best performance. If you don't have stereo mix in your sound settings/recording tab, then consider trying sound tap audio recorder or virtual sound cable. Here goes the readme!
What is this for??
If you cannot be bothered with addeing in random sound affects to your sound production file by hand, then this is the tool for you. If you put in numbered folders 1, 2, 3 (you can put as many folders as you like), and numbered files in those folders, it will work. There are 3 example folders.
The sound files must be in wave format. You can press spacebar when you want a character to walk, and then record the result with stereo mix and add the recording to your sound file.
Keys:
Tab and shift tab navigates between folders.
Spacebar playes a sound.
K toggles speech while navigating folders
S toggles folder switching sound
T Toggles object carrying on and off
A says how many steps you walked
Numbers through one to 0 switches to the folder number you have pressed. In other words, if you press 3, you will be in the 3rd folder. Also, if you put in k3.wav it will play that sound while switching. It is useful if you want to simulate a person walking through a door, suggested by Enes.
F1 opens a dialog where you can enter the maximum random file. For example, if you have files numbered 1 to 6 in your folders, you'd type 6. Be sure  that every folder has equal amount of files.
g toggles realistic walking. If you turn this on your footsteps will pan left and right suggested by Enes.
Escape or alt+f4 quits
I hope you can get good use out of it.

Here's the link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkMhHe64ysbhgWLfP4l … i?e=FtoPKk

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-06-03 18:02:20

lol can someone reupload this thing?

2018-06-03 18:42:17 (edited by burak 2021-06-23 15:56:40)

This post was the updated link, but since I moved my files to one drive I put the updated link in the first post already.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-06-04 02:52:10

I think you uploaded the wrong thing, this is a 2 gig rar of videos.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-06-04 12:22:35 (edited by burak 2021-06-23 15:57:14)

I'm sorry
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkMhHe64ysbhgWLfP4l … i?e=FtoPKk
Links in 1st and 3rd posts have been edited.