2015-06-26 20:21:45

Hello all.
Firstly let me say why I put this here:
Developers use install creators therefore its got a category. Hope the moderators agree. big_smile

Ok now onto the post:
Hello
I am looking for a program that can create install files [.exe] that allow users to install the programs I create.
The requirements for this are:
1. It must allow me to add things to the start menu folder example:
some install creators only allow for unistall file, the game file, and that is it.
What I want potentially is a website shortcut, the help, the game, an uninstall file and perhaps one other thing, depending on the game/program.
2. The install creator must be free and, obviously, accessible.
3. It must allow me to put in a licence agreement.
And that is about it really.
I've used click team install creator before which is good, but does not give optimum results.
So thank you in advance.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2015-06-29 03:00:36

hi,
you can use these to make your installer:
InnoSetup
and this:
Nullsoft scriptable install system (NSIS)
but be aware that both are based on script files

2015-06-29 09:29:29

Indeed click team may be good, ahem, torrented it. But I've been getting a few complaints about the way the GUI works. It's new, not the usual setup files, and have you ever tried leaving and reentering the windows of that thing with NVDA? Fuck with the navigator!
There are two creaters which I can recommend, though if you want something free and accessible, this is gonna be the weirdest idea ever, code it in audio form!
Lol wtf?
Anyways, here are the two creators I know of.
Inno setup.
Great creator, gui works a tad enough for you to make standard files, scripting should be easy, I mean, come on, it's ini scripting!
Other one, the most popular one ever used.
Have you ever installed a program and heard the following in the title?
Install shield wizard.
Yes! The install shield! That is the absolute, most, popular installation, right up there with inno!
but free? You want free?
I'm afraid you got me stuck here, I don't wanna get moderated by dark or anyhing, so we won't talk about torrenting the software, though it's definitely possible.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-06-30 23:31:26

hi guys
I downloaded and tried INOSetup. Which works perfectly!
Thanks guys!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!