2015-05-28 09:26:33

explain please why I have such problem to a sound as in a script. https://yadi.sk/d/qqDSzuclgv5Gy

2015-05-28 15:37:55 (edited by Ethin 2015-05-28 15:39:05)

Hi,
Can you please explain your problem, rather than demanding us to explain your issue when we don't know your issue in the first place? It's rather rude of you to just say, "Explain to me how to do so and so." If you have a problem with something, please explain it and add detail, including the code your using so we can help you. If there's no code, tell us so, and tell us what you want to do, and we'll try to help you.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-05-29 08:29:51

please forgive me, I just thought that the problem is seen from the written code. my problem is that when I try to play sound in my game, he begins to obsess over. here is the code:
#include"sound_pool.bgt";
sound_pool sounder;
void main() {
show_game_window("test");
sounder.play_stationary("sound.ogg", true);
while(true) {
if(key_pressed(KEY_ESCAPE)) {
exit();
}
}
}
you can download the example at the link that I stated in the first message. listen to audio longer than 5 seconds and you will understand me.

2015-05-29 15:49:49

Do you mean the sound loops constantly?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-05-29 20:41:31

Hi.

Ethin wrote:

Do you mean the sound loops constantly?

Apparently. Though I fail to see how that's unexpected behavior, since he used the play_stationary method of the sound pool object and set the 'looping' parameter to true, the sample he provided can be found here.

2015-05-30 20:21:18

Hi, you should set that parameter to false since it tells it to loop the sound if you set it to true.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page